I couldn’t help… Every time you get a break at the hospital…
-你就在写信 -是有个人
…you’re writing something. – There is someone.
我们算是远距离交往
It’s kind of a long-distance relationship.
-怎么遇到的 -还没见过面
– How did you meet? – We haven’t.
-什么 -是呀
– What? – No.
-反正就是这样 -别开玩笑了
– The story of my life. – You’re kidding.
凡事都保持距离
Keep everything at a distance.
对每个人都一样
Everyone.
站在我面前的人
The man who was standing in front of me…
想娶我的人
…the one that wanted to marry me…
那个人被我一脚踢开 我逃得远远的
…him, I push away. I run from him.
如今
In the meantime, the…
我永远见不到的这个人
The one man I can never meet…
他却让我想全心全意去爱他
…him, I would like to give my whole heart to.
他的文笔一定很好
He must write one hell of a letter.
还不错啦
It’s nice.
很安全
It’s safe.
-天哪 他在坐牢吧 -不是啦
– Christ, he’s in prison, isn’t he? – No.
-你是大哥的女人吗 -不是啦
– You’re one of those women, aren’t you? – No.
不是 他只是个住在湖畔的人 是个建筑师
No, he’s just a guy who lives on a lake. He’s an architect.
天哪
Oh, my God.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
谢谢
Thank you.
-祝你今年过得开心 -谢谢
– I hope it’s a great year for you. – Thank you.
我叫艾利斯
I’m Alex.
住在湖畔的人
The lake-house guy.
是啊 你好
Oh, yeah. How you doing?
可以坐吗
May I?
你要帮我们在湖畔找房♥子
So you’re gonna… You’re gonna find us a place on the lake, huh?
-希望如此 -是喔
– I hope so. – Yeah.
我尽量帮忙
If I can.
你是房♥屋中介
You’re a real-estate agent?
不 我只是 在湖畔有栋房♥子
No, l… I just have a lake house.
漂亮吗
Is it nice?
漂亮 你会喜欢的 等我搬走后 你会租下来
Yeah, you’ll love it. You’re gonna rent it after I move out.
真的吗
Oh, really?
凯特 你有没有
Kate, have you…
看过”劝导”
…read Persuasion?
什么
What?
-简·奥斯汀写的 -我知道是谁写的
– By Jane Austen. – I know who it’s by.
我看过 那是我最喜欢的小说
Yeah, it’s… It’s my favorite book.
你干嘛提起这个 怎么想到的
Why did you bring something like that up? What made you bring that up?
只是最近有朋友送我这本书 我不知道
I just… A friend of mine gave it to me recently, and I was wondering…
内容是讲什么
…what it was about.
很精彩
It’s… It’s wonderful.
-是吗 -是啊
– Yeah. – Yeah.
内容是
It’s about…
关于等待
About waiting.
有两个人 他们相遇了
These two people, they… They… They meet.
差点就坠入爱河 可惜时机不对
They almost fall in love, but the timing isn’t right.
他们不得不分开
They… They have to part.
后来
And then…
多年后 他们重逢
…years later, they… They meet again.
又有另一次机会
They get another chance.
但他们不知道是不是时间已耗尽
You know, but they don’t know if too much time has passed.
还是他们等待太久 还是
If they waited too long, if it’s…
来不及开花结果了
…you know, too late to make it work.
你怎么喜欢这种故事
Why do you like that?
我不知道
I don’t know.
别误会我的意思 故事是很美
Don’t get me wrong. It’s beautiful in a kind of…
-才怪 烂透了 -是很烂
– No, it’s terrible. – It’s terrible.
-烂透了 -烂透了
– That’s terrible. – It’s terrible.
真是
That’s…
对 烂透了
Yeah, it’s… That’s terrible.
有个私人问题
It’s a personal question…
你有没有 遇过这种事
…but have you ever been through anything like that?
-我 没有 -没有
– Me? No. No, no. – No.
在我
When I was…
在我16岁那一年
When I was 16…
我无可救药地爱上一个人
…I was completely in love with this guy.
他会弹吉他
He played guitar…
然后我离家出走
…and I ran away from home…
跑去旧金山和他同居
…and went to San Francisco so I could go live with him.
他让我相信我的嗓音很美
Yeah, he convinced me I had a beautiful voice…
而我 梦想要当歌♥手
…and I dreamed of becoming a singer.
我喜欢旧金山
I love San Francisco.
对 他是我的初恋
Yeah, he was… He was my first love.
可能也是唯一吧
Probably the only one.
-他一定是个好男人 -我不知道
– He must have been a great guy. – I don’t… I don’t know, l…
或许是吧 交往不够久 我不得而知
He may have been. It didn’t last long enough for me to find out.
事实上
Yeah. Truth is, l…
我根本不记得他的长相
I can’t even remember what he looked like.
-真的吗 -对啊
– Really? – Yeah.
太可惜了
Then that’s too bad.
因为我爸 我爸突然出现
My dad… My dad showed up, actually.
-你麻烦就大了 -他跑来找我
– You were in trouble. – He came in.
对 我麻烦大了 他把我押回芝加哥
Yeah, I was in trouble. He yanked me back to Chicago.
没错
Yeah.
后来他生病了
And he was sick, and he…
他希望我能成为医生
He had these… These dreams of me becoming a doctor, you know?
你知道的 最后 他的梦想成了我的愿望
You know, and eventually, they became my dreams too.
他是对的
He was right.
帮助别人的感觉很好
You know, l… I feel good helping people.
后来他过世了
Then he died.
凯特
Kate.
什么事
What?

I…

You?
我只是
I just…
怎样
What?
你听过这首歌♥吗
Do you know this song?
我很肯定 这是我从未有过的感觉
I’m very sure, this never happened to me before
听过啊
Yeah.
直到遇见了你 现在我很确定
I met you and now I’m sure
-你会唱吗 -不会
– Do you sing? – No.
这是我从未有过的感觉
This never happened before
没人想听我唱歌♥ 你不会想听我唱歌♥的
Nobody wants to hear me sing. You don’t wanna hear me sing.
好吧 我的意思不是
I… I didn’t mean, you know…
现在我明白了 这就是我们想要的
Now I see, this is the way it’s supposed to be
是啊
But, yeah.
但我可以跳舞
But I can dance.
遇见你 真该遇见你
I met you and now I see
爱人就该是这样的
This is the way it should be
爱人就该是这样的
This is the way it should be, for lovers
他们不应分离
They shouldn’t go it alone
一个人其实不好
It’s not so good when your on your own
来到我身边吧 我们想怎么甜蜜就怎么甜蜜
So come to me, now we can be what we want to be
我爱你 现在我明白了
I love you and now I see
爱人就该这样的
This is the way it should be
爱人就该这样的
This is the way it should be
爱人永远都应当这样
This is the way it should be, for lovers
他们不应分离
They shouldn’t go it alone
形单影只的感觉不那么好
It’s not so good when your on your own
我很肯定 这种感觉从未有过
I’m very sure, this never happened to me before
直到遇见了你 现在我很确定
I met you and now I’m sure
这种感觉从未有过
This never happened before (This never happened before)
这种感觉从未有过
This never happened before (This never happened before)
这种感觉从未有过
This never happened before
这种感觉从未有过
This never happened before
凯特
Kate.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!