因为房♥子好多年没人住了
“…since no one has lived in this house for years.
所以狗脚印的事我很好奇
But I’m curious about the paw prints.”
亲爱的维勒先生 辛博格小屋的人我很熟
Dear Mr. Wyler, I’m very familiar with the Sandburg cottage…
而且我绝对没住过那里
… and I can guarantee I never lived there.
我虽然很土 但也知道小屋该有的大小
I’m old-fashioned, but I don’t think a cottage should be over 6000 square feet.
所以 我重说一遍
So let me try again.
我住过湖畔小屋 后来搬走了
I used to live at the lake house, then I moved.
现在我住芝加哥 北雷辛街1620号♥
Now I live at 1620 North Racine in Chicago.
有我的信 烦请转寄给我
I’d appreciate it if you would forward my mail if you get any.
对了 现在是2006年
Oh, by the way, it’s 2006.
整年都是 不信你问别人
Has been all year, ask anyone.
2006年
2006?
什么意思 2006年
What does she mean, 2006?
天哪
God.
天啊
Oh, God.
-早安 维勒先生 -早安 维勒先生
– Good morning, Mr. Wyler. – Morning, Mr. Wyler.
-早安 -早安
– Morning, sir. – Morning, morning.
早安 维勒先生
Hello, Mr. Wyler.
维勒先生
Mr. Wyler.
老板
Sir.
好吧 针对复古风格的隐喻
Well, obviously, I derived my inspiration…
我的灵感来源自
…for the metaphor of the fugue, the loop…
就这样
Yeah.
-讲了两小时的废话 太离谱了 -你在胡说什么
– Two hours of that shit. You kidding me? – What are you talking about?
-他又没开口 -有虐待狂又尖酸刻薄的老头子
– He didn’t say a word. – Sadistic, bitter, bitter old man.
你好像有点反应过度了
I think you’re being a little overdramatic.
你要去哪儿
Where are you going?
我好喜欢那个地方
Man, I love that place.
那辆破车居然还能跑
I can’t believe that thing’s still running.
对啊
Yep.
你好落魄
You look like shit.
我也很想你
I missed you too.
别理他
Hey, forget about him.
绿磨坊酒吧
-集♥合♥公♥寓♥ -里维耶拉房♥地♥产♥开♥发♥
– Condos. – Riviera Estates.
-别开玩笑了 -我真不敢相信
– You’re joking. – I don’t believe this.
四年后再回来
I come back after four years…
-你还是这种态度 -怎样
…and I get this in front of me. – What?
我老弟自以为是知名建筑师
My brother thinking he’s Frank Lloyd Whatever.
-少挖苦我了 -爸把你留在
– Oh, come on. – Dad keeps you hostage…
他的建筑公♥司♥当中
…in that little mythmaking factory of his…
你却连电♥话♥亭或老鼠笼都没盖过
…while you haven’t built so much as a phone booth or a hamster cage.
你这句话有意思
That’s funny you say that, actually.
不是有人正在盖鼠笼般的公♥寓♥
I have a hamster cage in mind. A development of them, actually.
组合式房♥屋 不打地基 你意下如何
Prefab, no foundations. What do you think about that?
我就是这个意思 你有远见
See, that’s what I’m talking about. You have vision.
说到这个
Speaking of which…
我想告诉你 我买♥♥了房♥子
…l’d like you to know I bought a house.
-在哪里 -湖畔
– Where? – On the lake.
你买♥♥了湖畔豪♥宅♥ 赚了不少嘛
A lake house. So you are making some money.
破房♥子啦 废弃了好几年
Well, it’s a dump. Been abandoned for years, but…
你买♥♥了废弃的湖畔鬼屋
So you got an abandoned, haunted lake hou…
难怪你要舍弃自己的原则
That’s as good a reason as any…
替没格调的发展商卖♥♥命
…for selling out and joining the flabby-developers’ guild.
-怎样 我还养了狗呢 -你养狗
– How about this? I even got a dog. – You got a dog?
它自己跑来 不知道从哪儿冒出来的
He just showed up at the house from out of nowhere.
-来这里干嘛 -我要送个信
– What are we doing here? – I have to deliver a letter.
应该在这儿 北雷辛街1620号♥
It should be here. 1620 North Racine.
可是
But…
这里没房♥子啊
…there’s nothing here.
北雷辛街1620小豪♥宅♥
你约了谁吗 这里有人住 是怎样
Are we meeting someone? Does somebody live here? What?
对啦
Yeah.
大概是吧
I thought so.
要不要按门铃
Should we ring the bell?
亲爱的福斯特小姐
Dear Ms. Forster:
我去了北雷辛街1620号♥ 那里没房♥子
I went to 1620 North Racine, and it’s not there.
根本就是个工地
It’s just a construction site.
看板上看起来很漂亮 但18个月后才会盖好
From the pictures it looks nice, but not for another 18 months.
我漏了什么吗
What am I missing here?
或许你写错地址 日期也不对
Maybe you got the address wrong, because you got the date wrong too.
我不想玩这种游戏
You really wanna play this game.
若你真的是在2004年
If you are truly in the year 2004…
那么
…then…
我要先警告你
…be forewarned.
2004年4月3日
记得那一天吗 你不开心 记得吗
Remember that day? You were not happy. Remember that?
我知道
I know.
好吧 我的神秘笔友 我懂了
Okay, my mystery correspondent, I get it.
要是你说的时间地点都没错
Just in case you really are where and when you think you are…
你会需要这个讯息
… you’ll need this.
那年反常下了场春雪 大家都生病了
There was a freak late snow that spring and everyone got sick.
所以 要多休息 多喝水 这是医生的吩咐
So plenty of rest, lots of fluids. Doctor’s orders.
下雪 是喔
Snow. Right.
太好了 倒啊倒
Yeah, come to papa.
美国邮政
真有这种事吗
有何不可
杰克
Jackie.
杰克
Jack.
杰克 快过来 快过来啊 快点 杰克
Jack, come on. Come on, girl. Come on, come on. Jack.
我知道不可能 绝对不可能
“Impossible, I know. Not possible…
但真的发生了
…but it’s happening.”
好吧
Okay.
我在哪里
Where am I?
很妙嘛
Very clever.
湖畔小屋
“The lake house.”
湖畔小屋 好巧啊 我也在湖畔小屋
The lake house. As you can see, I, too, am at the lake house…
但我不想再玩这种游戏 所以我要走了 再见
…but I’m getting tired of these games so I’m leaving, okay? Bye.
谢谢你 再见
Thank you. Bye.
或许我们应该正式自我介绍
Maybe we should introduce ourselves properly.
我是医生 以悬壶济世为己任
I’m a doctor, dedicated to curing the sick.
至少在努力了
At least, trying to.
我是建筑师 我喜欢盖房♥子
I’m an architect. I like to build.
目前手边的案子虽然不尽理想
And while I wouldn’t say my current project is ideal…
但至少让我来到此地 目前这样就够了
… it allows me to be here, in this place, and that’s enough for now.
请问一件事 目前你在芝加哥的医院上班
But tell me something. If you’re working in a hospital in Chicago now…
那我这年代你在哪里
… where were you before, in my time?
两年前 在你的年代
Two years ago, in your time…
我在麦迪逊当实习医生
… I was working in internal medicine in Madison.
告诉我未来的事
Tell me about the future.
2006年是怎样
What’s it like in the year 2006?
世界应该没什么改变
I’m afraid the world’s pretty much the same.
当然我们都穿太空衣 开着会飞的车
Of course, we all dress in shiny metal jump suits and drive flying cars…
人与人都不说话 因为我们会读心术
… and no one talks anymore because we can read each other’s minds.
但事实上 来自过去的人
But the truth is, man from the past…
2006年没太大的改变
… not much has really changed in 2006.
提到过去 我一直在想脚印的事
Speaking of the past, though, I’ve been thinking about the paw prints.
-怎么可能 -我们好像养了同一只狗
– How is that possible? – Well, I think we have the same dog.
是吗 你的狗长怎样
Oh, yeah? What’s yours like?
兽医说我的狗八岁大 在我的年代
According to the vet, mine is eight years old in my time…
在你的年代是六岁
…six in yours.
他瘦瘦的 眼神很悲伤 会打呼 像人一样仰着睡
She’s skinny, has sad eyes, snores, and sleeps like a person.
不知为何 反正我叫他杰克
I don’t know why, but I call her Jack.
嗨 杰克
Hello, Jack.
这里不错
It’s nice out here.
我们不用出去吃晚饭 我们留下来吧
Let’s not go out for dinner. Let’s stay here.
-嗨 -但我们要吃点东西
– Hey. – We have to eat.
你在干嘛 该睡觉了
What are you doing? You’re supposed to be asleep.
我来煮
I’ll cook.
你不是不喜欢下厨
I thought you didn’t like to cook.
对 我不喜欢下厨
No, I don’t like to cook.
她会嫁给他吗
Is she gonna marry him?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!