Ever since that night in the park…
我就开始有了这个习惯
I’ve been getting the habit.
所有的贵妇人都喜欢玩这种游戏吗?
Do all rich women play games like this?
叫我罗莎莉
Call me Rosalie.
– 我没想到你会这样做 – 我也是
– I didn’t think you would do that. – I didn’t either.
你害怕了 是吗?
You’re scared, aren’t you?
你害怕了
You’re scared.
我也害怕
I’m scared, too.
我觉得你需要我的帮助
You think you needed me to help you?
当然 如果你需要什么 就自己来
You’re not that kind. If you need anything, you help yourself.
我并不是你想象的那样
I’m not what you think I am.
我只是试试装扮成那样的
I just try to be like that.
继续试吧 也许你会成功
Keep on trying. You might make it.
噢 麦克
Oh, Michael
我们害怕什么呢?
What are we scared of?
再见 孩子们
So long, kiddies!
现在他知道我们的事情了
Now he knows about us.
我倒希望我确实做什么了
I wish I did.
拜拜
Bye-bye.
– 麦克 – 是 先生
– Michael. – Yes, sir.
麦克 格瑞斯比先生刚才告诉我一些事情
Michael, Mr. Grisby has told me something
我很不愿听到的事情
I’m very sorry to hear.
♪ 若你吻我 ♪
♪ But if you kiss me ♪
亲爱的 这些事情主要是关于你
Lover, this really concerns you more than anyone else.
♪ 别把你的手…放开… ♪
♪ Don’t take your arms away ♪
按照乔治的说法 麦克 不想干了
According to George here, Michael is anxious to quit.
♪ 天气要变了 ♪
♪ Comes the change in weather ♪
– 你知道这些吗 亲爱的? – 不 我不知道
– Did you know about that, Lover? – No, I didn’t.
闭嘴 乔治
Shut up, George.
– 为什么?因为时间太长了? – 不是的 先生
– What’s the matter, hours too long? – No, sir.
是因为钱?
How about the money?
– 我不在乎那个 – 你对钱不感兴趣?
– I don’t care about that. – Money doesn’t interest you? Michael
– 这么说你很有钱了? – 我很独♥立♥
– Are you independently wealthy? – I’m independent.
也很有钱?
Of money?
在你写小说之前 你最好学着点
Before you write that novel, you’d better learn something.
你到处周游世界 什么也不感觉新奇
You’ve been travelling the world too much to find out about it.
很好 亚瑟
That’s good, Arthur.
是的 先生
Well, sir…
我经常发现自己一文不名
I’ve always found it very sanitary to be broke.
– 那也很好 亚瑟 – 闭嘴 乔治
– That’s good, too, Arthur. – Shut up, George.
金钱不能给你带来健康 快乐 诸如此类的东西
Money cannot bring you health and happiness, etcetera.
对吗?
Is that it?
没有钱
Without money,
我会躺在医院里
I’d be flat on my back in the ward of a county hospital.
看这游艇 它以前是朱尔斯·巴克拉克的
Look at this yacht. It once belonged to Jules Bachrach.
一个因为我母亲是曼彻斯特希腊人
The great Bachrach, who kept me out of his club…
就不准我进入他俱乐部的家伙
because my mother was a Manchester Greek.
我发现他做伪证
I got him on perjury.
他破产死了 而我还在这里
He died bankrupt. And here I am.
乔治
George
每个人对幸福
Each man has his own…
– 都有自己的见解…- 帮我点上
– own idea of happiness, of course. – light me please.
我没火柴
I don’t got a match.
但是钱是每个人都想要的
But money is what all of us have in common.
拿贝茜来说
Take Bessie here.
她过去为巴克拉克工作
She used to work for Bachrach.
我现在付给她更高的薪水 不是吗 贝茜?
I pay her more, don’t I, Bessie?
是的 班尼斯特先生
Yes, Mr. Bannister.
她的薪水就是她的幸福 她靠它养家
Her salary means happiness. It means a home…
两个家庭住在三间房♥里
three rooms for two families.
她是祖母 又是一个寡妇 只有一个孩子在工作
Bessie’s a grandmother, a widow. Only one of the boys works.
– 是吗 贝茜? – 是的
– Is that Right, Bessie? – Yes, sir.
是的 当然是了
Yes, of course it is.
因此贝茜每个星期天都去教堂…
So Bessie goes to church every Sunday she gets off…
祈求上帝别让她变老
and prays to God she’ll never be too old
因为那样 就拿不到我的薪水了
to earn the salary I pay her.
你说你想不受约束
You call yourself independent.
从现在起 五年后再来见我
Come around and see me five years from now.
好吧 先生
Aye, aye, sir.
再为我们唱一遍 亲爱的
Sing it for us again, Lover.
为什么你要忍♥受他?
Why do you stand for that, Bessie?
我辞职了 你为什么不?
I’m quitting. Why don’t you?
你听到了 我需要钱
You heard him, Mr. Poet. I need the money.
谈钱和谋杀
Talk of money and murder.
我快疯了…要么就是这些家伙疯了
I must be insane. Or else all these people are lunatics.
这就是我不离开的原因
That’s why I can’t leave.
他娶的这个可怜的孩子…
That poor little child he married.
必须得有人照顾她
Somebody’s got to take care of her.
♪ 请别抱着我 ♪
♪ Don’t hold me ♪
♪ 但如果你抱着我 ♪
♪ But if you hold me ♪
♪ 请别把你的手 放开 ♪
♪ Don’t take your arms away ♪
♪ 天气变了 ♪
♪ Comes a change of weather ♪
♪ 心也变了 ♪
♪ Comes a change of heart ♪
♪ 谁知道什么时候 ♪
♪ Who knows when ♪
♪ 雨会开始下 ♪
♪ the rain will start? ♪
♪ 所以我求你 ♪
♪ So I beg you ♪
♪ 请别爱我 ♪
♪ Please don’t love me ♪
♪ 如果你爱我 ♪
♪ But, if you love me ♪
♪ 别松开你的唇 ♪
♪ Then don’t take your lips ♪
♪ 或是你的手 或是你的爱 ♪
♪ Or your arms, or your love ♪
♪ 别离开 ♪
♪ away ♪
♪ 用 ♪
♪ rub ♪
♪ 用闪亮牌洗您的头发 ♪
♪ Rub Glosso Lusto in your hair ♪
♪ 让您的头发乌黑发亮 ♪
♪ Keep it Glosso Lusto bright ♪
♪ G-L-O-两个S一个O L-U-S-T-O ♪
♪ G-L-O double-S-O L-U-S-T-O ♪
♪ 就是 闪亮牌 ♪
♪ Is right Glosso Lusto ♪
记住 女士们 用闪亮牌
So remember, ladies, use Glosso Lusto.
呵护你的头发 取悦你的爱人
It pleases your hair, pleases the man you love.
可以帮帮我吗?
Will you help me?
爱情
Love.
您相信爱情吗 班尼斯特夫人?
Do you believe in love at all, Mrs. Bannister?
让我来掌舵
Give me the wheel.
在中国时我学会了怎么去看待爱
I was taught to think about love in Chinese.
就像在法国人们怎么看待笑?
The way a Frenchman thinks about “laughter” in French?
中国人认为…爱情是很难永恒不变的…
The Chinese say, “It is difficult for love to last long.”
因此 一个狂热的去爱的人…
“Therefore, one who loves passionately
最后还是会厌倦爱情
is cured of love in the end.”
字里行间的意思更深
Now that’s a hard way of thinking.
还有一句谚语 江山易改
There’s more to the proverb. “Human nature is eternal.
本性难移…
“Therefore, one who follows his nature keeps his original nature…
人始终改不了自己的本性
“in the end.”
– 亲爱的 – 怎么了?
– Lover? – Yes?
你很高兴我说服麦克 一同前来 是吗 亲爱的?
Aren’t you glad I talked Michael into coming along, Lover?
他一定要对我改变心意
He must have changed his mind about me.
是的 班尼斯特先生 我已经告诉您的妻子…
Faith, Mr. Bannister, I’ve already told your wife.
我从没决定任何事…
I never make up my mind about anything at all…
直到一切都结束为止
until it’s over and done with.
我不得不承认班尼斯特先生…
I’d like to, but I can’t deny that Mr. Bannister…
会想尽办法满足他妻子的任何要求
did try to give his wife the things she wanted.
有一次她说她想去野餐
She’d said once that she liked picnics.
那时我们正沿着墨西哥海岸航行
We were on our way up the Mexican coast…
他就决定停下来举♥行♥一次野餐
when he decided to stop and give her one.
班尼斯特先生的野餐宴会
Well, Mr. Bannister’s picnic party was
真的非常符合他的作风
most typical of him.
耗费了大量的工夫和金钱
A lot of trouble and a great deal of money went into it, but…
但这已经不是野餐了…
it was no more a picnic than
班尼斯特只是想显示他的男人气概
Bannister was a man.
你听听我得到的消息
Listen, when you hear what I got for you,
你会觉得很值得
you’ll say you bought it cheap.
希德 我们一起办过很多案子
We’ve worked a lot of cases together.
我很不想这是我们最后一次合作

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!