当我开始做傻事时…
When I start out to make a fool of myself…
没什么能阻止我
there’s very little can stop me.
如果我知道一件事情的结局
If I’d known where it would end,
我决不会让它发生
I’d have never let anything start…
至少在我头脑清醒时是这样
if I’d been in my right mind, that is.
但是自从见到她起
But once I’d seen her… once I’d seen her…
我迷失了好一阵子
I was not in my right mind, for quite some time.
“晚上好”我说 把自己想象成一个爽朗的人
“Good evening, ” says I, thinking myself a very gay dog, indeed.
但她的确是一个美丽的女孩
Here was a beautiful girl all by herself, and me…
而且我有足够的时间 让自己惹上些麻烦
with plenty of time. Nothing to do but get myself into trouble.
有的人可以嗅到危险的味道 但我没有这种本事
Some people can smell danger. Not me.
我问她要不要来支烟
I asked her if she’d have a cigarette.
这是我最后一根 所以请别让我失望好吗?
It’s my last, I’ve been looking forward to it. Don’t disappoint me.
但我不抽烟
But I don’t smoke.
这就是我如何认识她的 从那以后起
That’s how I found her. And from that moment on…
我的头脑就不管用了…除了想她
I did not use my head very much, except to be thinking of her.
但是 那时候 在公园里…
But in the park, in those days…
有些粗鲁的年轻人经常拦路抢劫
the rough young fellas used to be staging hold-ups and the like.
救命啊 救命
Help! Help!
这些家伙并不高明
However, these young fellas were not professionals.
这就是为什么我在这个故事里
And that’s maybe the reason why I start out in this story…
像个英雄一样出场的原因 其实我根本不是
a little bit like a hero, which I most certainly am not.
马车夫醒了 他没事
The cab driver was waking up. He was okay.
所以我借了他的马车把她送回家去
So I borrowed his carriage to drive the lady home.
过了一会 她从惊恐中恢复过来
In a short while, she recovered herself…
心情转好 尤其当我说了些令她放心的话
and brightened up, what with the things I told her…
让她不再害怕 并且让她知道
to get her mind off the scare she’d had and to set her thinking…
是一个勇敢的小伙子救了她
as well, of the brave fella that had rescued her.
罗莎莉 美丽的罗莎莉
Rosalie, fair Rosalie.
– 我以后就这么叫你 怎么样? – 罗莎莉?
– A name I’m after calling you. – Rosalie?
这真是个美丽而又浪漫的名字
Why not? It’s a gorgeous, romantical name entirely.
– 我叫麦克 – 你很特别
– I’m Michael. – You’re a character.
我只是一个可怜的水手…
I’m just a poor sailor man…
正在中♥央♥公园驾车护送一位公主
and him with the Princess of Central Park at his side.
罗莎莉公主 我想知道
Princess Rosalie. I wonder now:
这位公主是从哪来?
Where does the princess come from?
她不一定要告诉你 但是…
I don’t know why she should tell you, but…
嗯…她的父母是俄♥国♥人 地道的俄♥国♥人
Well, her parents were Russian, White Russian.
来自你从来没听说过的一个地方
You never heard of the place where she comes from.
她赌博吗?
Would Her Highness care to gamble?
是的 为了生活
Gamble? She’s done it for a living.
我打赌我去过你出生的地方
I’ll bet you a dollar I’ve been to the place of your were born.
– 基辅 – 它在中国的沿海
– Zhifu. – It’s on the China coast, Zhifu.
它是第二乱的城市
The second wickedest city in the world.
– 那第一呢? – 澳门
– The first? – Macau. Wouldn’t you say?
我在那工作
I would. I worked there.
你在澳门工作?
You worked in Macau?
输给你一美元 上海怎么样?
Here’s your dollar. How do you rate Shanghai?
– 我也在那工作 – 对一个赌徒来说?
– I worked there, too. – Yeah, as a gambler?
– 好吧…- 希望你比今晚幸运
– Well… – I hope you were luckier than tonight.
在上海你需要的不仅是幸运
You need more than luck in Shanghai.
– 你知道吗? – 什么?
– Do you know what? – What?
我打赌我和你一起坐在车里 也能驾车
I bet I could drive the car from down there inside with you.
另一条路上有警车
There’s a police car on the other road.
我们最好离开这公园
Let’s get out of the park.
不然警♥察♥很容易找到我们的
The horse and cart will make it easy for the cops to find us.
你不喜欢警♥察♥?
You don’t like them very much.
没有我们帮忙 警♥察♥只会一事无成
They can struggle without our doing their work for them.
你怎么看路的 快把马车赶开
Watch where you’re going, Mac! Get that nag out of here!
现在警♥察♥要找我们麻烦了
Now the cops are bound to pick us up.
我们最好下去走路
We’d best leave the cab here and walk.
– 你不喜欢警♥察♥? – 是的
– You certainly don’t like the police. – I do not.
还好 我的车在那边车♥库♥里
My car’s right there in the garage, anyway.
告诉我 麦克
Tell me, Michael…
是什么原因让警♥察♥不喜欢你?
is there a reason why the police don’t like you?
因为在美国他们没法把我抓进监狱去
Well, they’ve never put me in jail in America.
知道吗?最好的监狱是在澳大利亚
You know, the nicest jails are in Australia.
最差的在西班牙
The worst are in Spain.
– 你在西班牙触犯了什么法律? – 我杀了个人
– What law did you break in Spain? – I killed a man.
刚才你还差点杀了个女孩
Just now, you almost killed a girl.
这也犯法吗?
Is there a law against that?
你试一下 监狱的滋味可不好受
Try it. You won’t like the jails here.
杀了人就会坐牢?我可不觉得
They put you in jail for murder here? I didn’t think so.
上周 在旧金山 一个男的杀掉了自己的妻子
A man killed his wife in Frisco last week.
她去冰箱里拿晚餐
She’d gone to the icebox for a bit of supper.
他说他以为她是强盗
He thought she was a burglar, he said.
向她头部开了五枪
He shot her five times in the head.
– 四十七号♥ – 他有个好律师
– Number 47! – He had a good lawyer.
的确 我见过他的照片
I saw his picture in the paper. Bainbridge or something.
– 班尼斯特 – 亚瑟·班尼斯特
– Bannister. – Arthur Bannister.
据说他是世界上最好的刑事律师
It said he was the greatest criminal lawyer, the greatest criminal.
– 有些人这么认为 – 女士 你的车来了
– Some people think he is. – Here’s your car, madam.
把这账单寄给我丈夫
Send the bill to my husband.
如果你是水手 这里有个工作
If you’re a sailor, Michael, there’s a job for you.
你愿意为我♥干♥活吗?
Would you like to work for me?
我希望你能
I-d like it.
但我明天就出海了
I’m shipping out tomorrow.
我们也是 从运河到西海岸去
So are we. To the West Coast, by way of the Canal.
我们船上少了个人手
We’re short a man on the crew.
我不会让你吃亏的
I’ll make it worth your while.
你在找这个吗?
Could it be this you’re looking for?
你很明智 一个人在公园的时候在包里带了支手♥枪♥
You were smart to carry a gun, travelling alone in the park, but…
既然你知道包里有支手♥枪♥
if you knew you had the gun in your bag…
为什么还把包扔掉呢?
why throw away the bag?
我扔在那希望让你发现
I meant for you to find it.
我不会开枪
I don’t know how to shoot.
这很简单 扣一下扳机就行了
It’s easy. You just pull the trigger.
贵妇人 是吗?
Some dame, aingt she?
是的 还有辆好车
Yeah, and some car.
晚上好 格瑞斯比先生
Evening, Mr. Grisby.
是班尼斯特先生大老远 从旧金山送过来的
Mr. Bannister sent it all the way from San Francisco…
所以她可以在这里开车
just so she could have it here.
– 班尼斯特? – 亚瑟·班尼斯特本人
– Bannister? – Arthur Bannister himself.
啊 有的人运气就是好
Some guys have all the luck.
就我而言 我并不喜欢有丈夫的女孩
Personally, I don’t like a girlfriend to have a husband.
如果她把自己的丈夫当傻子 她也会愚弄我的
If she’ll fool her husband, I figure she’ll fool me.
纽约并没有看上去的那么大…
Now, New York is not as big a city as it pretends to be…
所以第二天 我到了职业介绍所…
so I spent the next day in the hiring hall,
想在船上找份工作
waiting for a ship.
我真是个笨蛋 以为这样可以躲开她…
That way, big boob that I am, I thought I could escape her.
吸烟会影响你的发育 过来
Don’t eat that cigarette. It’ll stunt your growth. Come here.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
你能不能帮我找一下欧哈瑞先生?
I wonder if you could help me locate a Mr. O’Hara.
– 麦克·欧哈瑞? – 麦克·欧哈瑞?
– Michael O’Hara – Michael O’Hara.
你是说那个整天都在胡吹的 黑爱尔兰人?
You mean, Black Irish, the big harp that talks fancy?
– 我不认识他 但是…- 黑爱尔兰人?
– I don’t know him myself… – Black Irish?
是的 我认识他
Yeah, I know him.
乔 叫一下麦克 有人找他
Joe. Call Mike O’Hara. A guy here wants to see him.
麦克·欧哈瑞
Michael O’Hara!
请到公告牌处 有人找
Please step to the bulletin board. A man wants to see you.
– 你们是一个船上的? – 在西班牙我们共事过
– Shipmates? – We was in Spain together.
自从三九年他修理了工贼后
They called him Black Irish after what he did…
人们就叫他黑爱尔兰人了
to them finks back in ’39.
麦克很会谄媚
Mike’s got a lot of blarney in him…
但发起疯来也很危险
but he knows how to hurt a man when he gets mad.
是你找我?
You were asking for me?
– 欧哈瑞? – 是我
– O’Hara? – O’Hara.
你就是他们说的强壮的水手?
You’re what they call an able-bodied seaman?
他们是这么说的
Well, that’s what they call it.
– 你在游艇上工作过吗? – 没有
– You ever work on a yacht? – No.