Hassan kept the house from falling apart.
法莎娜做饭
And Farzana cooked the meals.
那样很好
非常好
可同时 我的身体开始每况愈下
But when my health began to fail
阿富汗没有一间医院能治得了
well there isn’t a hospital in Afghanistan that can help me
所以我到了这里
so l came here.
我离开几周后 塔♥利♥班♥去了那所房♥子
A few weeks after l left the Taliban came to the house.
哈桑对他们说他是在为我照看♥房♥♥子 可…
Hassan told them that he was looking after the house for me but…
他们说他和其他哈扎拉人一样是骗子 是贼
They said that he was a liar and a thief like all the other Hazaras.
他们命令他带着家人在黄昏之前离开
And they ordered him to leave with his family by nightfall.
哈桑不走
然后他们就把他带到街上 命令他跪下
So they took him to the street and ordered him to kneel
从脑后给了他一枪
and shot him in the back of the head.
法莎娜尖叫着冲向他们…
Farzana came screaming and attacked them and…
他们也打死了她
They shot her too.
那个孩子呢?
And the boy?
索拉博?
Sohrab?
他在卡德查
He is in an orphanage
在一所孤儿院里
in Karteh Seh.
哈桑死前的一个星期寄了这个给我
Hassan sent this to me a week before he died.
是给你的
lt’s for you.
他自学了读书写字
He taught himself to read and write.
他想在学成之后再给你寄信
He didn’t want to send you a letter until he could do it properly.
阿米尔
Amir
你一定要回喀布尔
you need to go back to Kabul.
我安排了一个司机 他是个好人
l’ve arranged for a driver. He’s a good man.
我不能回喀布尔
l can’t go back to Kabul.
你能在这边找个人去吗?
Can’t you pay someone here to go?
如果是因为钱 我可以付
l’ll pay for it if it’s a matter of money.
不是钱的问题
lt’s not about money.
你是讲故事的人
You are a storyteller.
你其实也知道这个故事
Some part of you has always known this story.
阿里的第一个妻子是雅荷里来的
Ali’s first wife was from Jaghori.
和这有什么关系?
What does that have to do with anything?
五年后她离开了他 一儿半女都没有
After five years she left him childless
她嫁给了一个科斯特来的男人后
and married a man from Khost.
给那个人生了三个女儿
She bore that man three daughters.
你能明白我要告诉你的事情吗?
Do you understand what l’m trying to tell you?
阿里不能生育
Ali was sterile.
他生了哈桑啊
But he had Hassan.
他养育了哈桑 但孩子不是他生的
He raised Hassan. He didn’t father him.
你父亲同样爱你们 是因为你们都是他的孩子
Your father loved you both because you were both his sons
– 索拉博… – 不
-and Sohrab… -No.
他是你的侄子
我不相信
你相信的
那正是你害怕的
你是说…
我父亲…
这些年来…
一直在骗我
想想吧
当时男人最要紧的就是他的名声
如果人们说三道四…
– 他骗了我 – 他骗了你们两个
-He lied to me. -He lied to both of you.
现在 那里有再次成为好人的路
And now there is a way to be good again.
“以最仁慈的安♥拉♥之名”
“ln the name of God the merciful the compassionate
“阿米尔少爷 谨致以最深切的敬意”
“Amir agha with my deepest respects.
“我的妻子 儿子和我都在祈祷 这封信能完好无损地到达你的手中”
“My wife and son and l pray this letter finds you in fine health
“希望安♥拉♥保佑”
“and in the light of God’s good graces.
“有朝一日 我能亲手捧着你的来信”
“l’m hopeful that one day l will hold one of your letters in my hands
“了解你在美国的生活”
“and read of your life in America.
“我在试着学英语 真是一门难懂的语言”
“l am trying to learn English. lt’s such a tricky language.
“少爷 我想念你讲的故事”
“But one day agha. l miss your stories.
“我随信附了一张照片 是我和我的儿子 索拉博”
“l’ve included a picture of me and my son Sohrab.
“他是个好孩子”
“He’s a good boy.
“拉辛汗和我教他读书写字”
“Rahim Khan and l taught him how to read and write
“庆幸他不会像他父亲那样 两眼一摸黑地长大”
“so he doesn’t grow up stupid like his father.
“你送我的弹弓 他现在玩得很好了”
“And can he shoot with that slingshot you gave me!
“但我担心他 阿米尔少爷”
“But l fear for him Amir agha.
“我们年轻时的阿富汗已经一去不复返了”
“The Afghanistan of our youth is long dead.
“这片土地上的善良消失殆尽 杀戮无从避免”
“Kindness is gone from the land and you cannot escape the killings.
“从不间断的杀戮”
“Always the killings.
“我希望安♥拉♥能指引我们一条明路”
“l dream that God will guide us to a better day.
“我希望我的儿子能成为一个好人”
“l dream that my son will grow up to be a good person
“一个自♥由♥的人”
“a free person
“一个重要的人”
“an important person.
“希望花儿能再次在街头怒放”
“l dream that flowers will bloom in the streets of Kabul again
“希望音乐能再次在茶房♥中响起”
“and music will play in the samovar houses
“希望风筝能再次在空中翱翔”
“and kites will fly in the skies.
“希望有一天 你能回到喀布尔”
“And l dream that someday you will return to Kabul
“重游我们儿时到过的地方”
“to revisit the land of our childhood.
“如果你回来了 你会发现 有位忠实的老朋友在等你”
“lf you do you’ll find an old faithful friend waiting for you.
“愿安♥拉♥与你同在”
“May God be with you always.
“哈桑”
“Hassan.”
喂?
Hello?

Hi.
– 我是不是吵醒你了? – 没有
-Did l wake you up? -No.
你还好吗?
You all right?
我要告诉你一个故事
l have to tell you a story.
他叫什么名字?
What’s his name?
别碰它了
Stop playing with it.
我一定要打扮成这样吗?
如果让塔♥利♥班♥看见你没有胡子 你知道他们会怎么做吗?
You know what the Taliban will do to you if they see you are clean-shaven?
什么风把你吹回阿富汗了?
So what brings you back to Afghanistan?
回来卖♥♥掉旧土地 换点零用钱?
Come to sell off your father’s land pocket the money?
我不是来卖♥♥东西的
l’m not here to sell anything.
我要去喀布尔找一个男孩
l’m going to Kabul to find a boy.
一个男孩?
A boy?
这个孩子?
This boy?
这个哈扎拉孩子?
This Hazara boy?
没错
Yeah.
他跟你有什么关系?
What he means to you?
他父亲跟我有很大关系 就是照片里这个男人
His father meant a lot to me. He’s the man in the photo.
他已经死了
He’s dead now.
是你朋友?
lt was a friend of yours?
他是我弟弟
He was my brother.
在我自己的国家 我却感觉像个游客
你永远是游客 只是你不知道罢了
You’ve always been a tourist here. You just didn’t know it.
– 那些树呢? – 被俄♥国♥佬砍了
-What happened to the trees? -The Russians chopped them down.
你知道他们在做什么吗?
You know what they’re doing?
他在卖♥♥自己的腿?
He’s selling his leg?
能卖♥♥个好价钱呢
He can get good money for it.
够给孩子买♥♥几个星期的口粮
Feed your kids for a couple of weeks.
– 那是什么味道? – 柴油机
-What’s that smell? -Diesel.
总停电 所以大家都用发电机
The power’s always going off so people use generators.
你还记不记得以前这条街上的味道?
烤羊肉的味道
大胡子巡逻队
你是怎么回事啊?
怎么了?
你居然盯着他们看!
明白了吗?
决不能盯着他们看!
我们在找这个孩子
对不起 没见过
你连照片都没看呢 我的朋友
我认识这里所有的孩子…
这一个看起来很陌生
现在 如果你允许…
我们对他没有半点恶意
我跟你说了他不在这
– 现在 请离开吧 – 朋友
我们不是塔♥利♥班♥一伙的
这个人要带这个孩子到安全的地方去
我认识索拉博的父亲
他叫哈桑
这是那孩子的希望啊 先生
他的出路
我要带他跟我回美国
我是他叔叔
我要告诉你的可不是什么好事
我告诉你 是因为我相信你
你看起来很绝望
有个塔♥利♥班♥官员
每过一两个月都会来一次
带着钱
不是很多 但…总比没有强
通常他会带走一个女孩
但也有例外
你竟然允许?
我能有什么选择?
你是这里的负责人啊
– 你的工作是照顾这些孩子 – 我无能力为
你在卖♥♥孩子啊!
小声点
你应该保护他们的!
没错
我是应该保护他们

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!