Does the King do what he wants,
一个国王该做他想做的
or does he do what his people expect him to do?
还是该做他的人♥民♥想让他做的
What’s the matter, love?
怎么了 亲爱的
I’m Just having trouble with a patient.
我只是为一个病人苦恼
That isn’t like you.. Why?
这可不像你 为什么苦恼
He’s scared…
他很害怕
H’s afraid of his own shadow.
害怕他自己的影子
Isn’t that why they come to you?
他们不就是为了这个来找你吗
This fellow could be really somebody great,
这个人真的可以很优秀
and he’s fighting me.
但他反对我的说法
Perhaps, he doesn’t want to be great.
可能他不想成为优秀的人
Perhaps that’s what you want.
也许是你一厢情愿
I might have overstepped the mark.
我可能有点过分了
Apologize,
去道歉
do you both good.
对你们俩都好
I’m very sorry, Mr Logue, the Duke is busy.
很抱歉 罗格先生 公爵大人很忙
I’m happy to wait. Or I could come back later.
我可以等 或者晚点再来
As I said, the Duke is terribly busy.
我说了 公爵大人非常忙
Thank you.
谢谢
The parliament will not support their marriage.
议会不会支持这桩婚姻的
But there were other reasons for concern.
但还有其他顾虑 阁下
He was careless with state papers.
他不关心国家政策
He lacked commitment and resolve.
他不承担义务 缺少决心
There were those that worried
还有人担心
where he would stand when war comes with Germany .
如果同德国开战 他是什么立场
We’re not coming to that?
我们不会走到那一步吧
Indeed we are, Sir.
绝对会 阁下
Prime Minister Baldwin may deny this,
鲍德温首相也许会否认这点
but Hitler’s intent is crystal clear.
但希♥特♥勒♥的野心昭然若揭
War with Germany will come,
与德国大战在即
and we will need a King behind whom we can all stand behind, united.
而我们需要一个带领我们团结一致的国王
I fear my… brother is not of…
我担心 此时我哥哥
sound mind, at this time.
还没有看清形势
Have you thought what you will call yourself?
你想过赋予自己什么头衔吗
Certainly not Albert, Sir. Too Germanic.
当然不能是阿尔伯特 阁下 太德国化了
What about George?
乔治怎么样
After your father?
用你父亲的头衔
George the sixth.
乔治六世
It has rather a nice continuity to it,
是个不错的传承
don’t you think?
你不觉得吗
David! Thank God.
大卫 谢天谢地
You look exhausted!
你看起来很累坏了
How are you bearing up?
你还撑得住吗
Bertie. The decision’s been made, I…
博迪 我已经决定了
I am going.
我要退位
I cannot accept that.
我无法接受
You are in no condition to make that decision.
你无论如何都不该做此决定
I’m afraid there’s no other way.
恐怕没有别的办法
I must marry her.
我要娶她
My mind’s made up. I’m… sorry.
我已经决定了 抱歉
That’s a terrible thing to hear.
真是个糟糕的消息
David, nobody wants that. I least of all.
大卫 没人想你这么做 特别是我
but until now,
但在此之前
it has not been constitutionally possible for me to speak.
根据宪法我不能发表任何讲话
A few hours ago I discharged my last duty…
几个小时之前 我卸下了
as King and Emperor.
作为一个国王和君主最后职责
And now that I have been succeeded by my brother, the Duke of York
现在 将由我的弟弟约克公爵继位
my first words must be to declare my allegiance to him.
首先我表明对他效忠
This I do with all my heart.
全心全意忠顺
You all know the reasons
相信你们都知道
which have impelled me to renounce the throne.
我宣布放弃王位的原因
But you must believe me, when I tell you
但是请你们相信我接下来的话
I have found it impossible to carry the
如果没有我心爱♥女♥人♥的支持
heavy burden of responsibility and to discharge my duties..
我无法承担如此重任
as King as I would wish to do…
也无法如我所愿的
without the help and support of the woman I love.
卸除作为国王的职责
And I want you to know.
同时 我希望你们知道
This decision has been made less difficult to me…
出于对我弟弟的了解
by the sure knowledge that my brother,
这个决定做的并不艰难
with his long training in the public affairs of this country…
我弟弟一直致力于国家事务管理
and with his fine qualities…
加上他的优秀品质
will be able to take my place forth with…
必然能够即刻继位
without interruption or injury…
不会让国家的前途和发展
to the life and progress of the empire.”
受到任何的阻碍或伤害
I meet you at today…
我 在今天
in circumstances which are…
在此情况下 和你们会面
I’m sure you will love it.
我保证你们会喜欢的
Thank you darling, saddles, Margret.
谢谢宝贝 马鞍给我 玛格丽特
Yes mom. Good boy.
好的 妈妈 乖孩子
Mama, here’s the Wilson saddle Thank you.
妈妈这是威尔逊马鞍 谢谢你
Don’t worry, we’ll get you food in a minute
别担心 我们一会就喂你吃东西
Mama, will we have space for our horses in our new home?
妈妈 新家里有地方放小马吗
Of course we will, darling, we’ll have a palace of rooms.
当然有 小宝贝 宫殿里有很多房♥间
Curtsey.
屈膝礼
Your Majesty.
陛下
How was it?
登基怎么样
I’m trying to familiarise myself with what a state paper looks like.
我在努力熟悉公文
A despatch from Mr Baldwin which I don’t understand a word of.
鲍德温先生来的信件 我一个字都没看懂
David’s finances.
大卫的财务状况
The Christmas… broadcast.
圣诞演说
I think that might be a mistake.
我觉得这是个错误
Don’t worry about that.
别担心了
Plans for the Coronation
还有加冕典礼计划
I think that’s an even bigger mistake.
这或许是个更大的错误
I’m not a King.
我不是国王
I’m a naval officer. That’s all I know.
我是海军军官 只知道怎么做海军军官
I’m not here. I’m not a King.
我不属于这里 我不是国王
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
Please, please.
别 别这样
Oh, dear. Dear, dear man.
亲爱的 亲爱的
You know…
你知道吗
I refused your first two marriage proposals,
我两次拒绝你的求婚
not because I didn’t love you,
不是因为我不爱你
but because I couldn’t bear the idea of a Royal life.
而是因为我不能忍♥受皇室的生活
Couldn’t bear the idea of a life of tours and public duties,
不能忍♥受四处出访和公共责任
a life that no longer was really to be my own.
生活不再属于我们自己
But then I thought…
不过后来我想
he stammers so beautifully…
他是结巴太好了
they’ll leave us alone.
大家会放过我们
Waiting for a king to apologize, one can wait rather a long wait.
等国王来道歉 那要等很久
I’m afraid we’re slightly late.
恐怕我们迟到了一会
This is home.
这就是我家
Myrtle’s at bridge.
莫特尔去打桥牌了
I’ve made sure the boys are out.
我让孩子们都出去
It’s lovely.
太好了
Absolutely lovely.
非常好
May I sit down?
我能坐这吗
Yes, of course.
当然可以
Would you like some tea, Ma’am?
喝点茶吧 夫人
Yes. I’ll help myself.
好的 我自己来就行
Off you go…
你们聊吧
Or must I knock your heads together?
还是需要我强迫你们
Here’s your shilling,
这是我欠你的一先令
I… I understand…
我 我明白
what you were trying to say, Logue.
你之前的意思了 罗格
I went about it the wrong way.
我做错了
I’m sorry.
抱歉
So, here I am.
所以 我来了
Is the nation ready for two…
全国准备好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!