I prefer Lionel.
我更愿被称为莱昂内尔
What will I call you? Your Royal Highness.
我该怎么称呼您 殿下
Then… it’s “sir” after that.
之后可以称阁下
A little bit formal for here. I prefer names.
在这个场合太正式了 您的名字是
Prince Albert Frederick Arthur George.
阿尔伯特·弗雷德里克·亚瑟·乔治王子
How about Bertie?
叫博迪怎样
Only my family uses that. Perfect.
只有我的家人那么叫 很好
In here, it’s better if we’re equals.
在这里 我们平等相处比较好
If… if we were equals, I wouldn’t be here.
如果我们真平等 我就不用来了
I’d be… at home with my wife
在家陪妻子
and no one would give a damn.
谁管我结不结巴
Please, Don’t do that.
请不要抽烟
I’m sorry?
不要什么
I believe, sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.
我认为抽烟对您的健康不利
My physicians say it relaxes the… the throat.
我的医生说这能放松喉… 喉咙
They’re idiots. They’ve all been knighted.
一群白♥痴♥ 他们都是御医
Makes it official then.
那就是官方认证的白♥痴♥
My castle, my rules.
我的地盘我做主
Thank you.
谢谢
What was your earliest memory?
请问你最早的记忆是
What on earth do you mean?
什 什么意思
Your first recollection.
你记得的第一件事
I’m not…
我不
here to discuss my personal matters.
不是来谈私事的
Why’re you here then?
那您来干什么
Because I am bloody well stammer!
因为我他妈的结巴
You have a bit of a temper?
您还有点脾气
One of my many faults.
诸多缺点中的一个
When did the defect start?
结巴是从何时开始的
I’ve always been this way!
一直都这样
I doubt that.
我觉得不是
Don’t tell me! It’s my stammer!
你知道什么 结巴的是我
It’s my field. I can assure you,
可我是专家 我向您保证
no infant starts to speak with a stammer.
口吃绝非天生
When did yours start?
您是几岁开始的
Four or five.
四五岁
That’s typical.
一般都是这个年纪
So I’ve been told.
都这么说
I can’t remember not doing it.
我记事起就结巴了
I can believe that.
我知道
Do you hesitate when you think?
您思考的时候也会停顿吗
Don’t be ridiculous.
胡说
How about when you talk to yourself?
自言自语时呢
Everyone natters to themselves occasionally, Bertie.
博迪 所有人都会偶尔自言自语
Stop… stop calling me that.
别那么叫我
I’m not going to call you anything else.
我就这么叫
Then we shan’t speak!
那就没什么好说了
Are you charging for this, Doctor?
医生 你收钱吗
A fortune.
收一大笔呢
I’ll just let that brew.
泡一会再喝
So… when you talk to yourself, do you stammer?
那么 自言自语时 你结巴吗
No… of course not!
不结巴 当然不会
Well, that proves your impediment isn’t a permanent part of you.
那证明您的口吃不是天生的
What do you think was the cause?
你觉得病因是什么
I don’t… don’t know.
我不 不知道
I… I don’t… I don’t care!
我… 我也不… 不在乎
I… I stammer!
我就是结巴
And no one can fix it.
没人能治好
I bet you, you can read flawlessly, right here, right now.
我打赌 您此时此刻就能流利地朗诵
And if I win the bet, I get to ask you more questions.
要是我赢 我就要问您更多问题
And if I win? You don’t have to answer.
如果我赢呢 您不必回答
One usually… wagers money.
一般人都 都赌钱
A bob each to keep it sweet?
每人一先令作为开始
Let’s see your shilling. I don’t… carry money.
你出一先令 我不 不带钱
I had a funny feeling you mightn’t.
就知道您没有
I’ll stake you. And you can pay me back next time.
我借您 下回还我
Who says there is a next time?
谁说有下回
I haven’t agreed to take you on, yet.
那倒是 我还没决定给您治疗
Please stand. And take a look at that.
请起立 看看这个
I can’t… I can’t read this.
我读 读不了
Well, then you owe me a shilling, for not trying.
您都没试就输给我一先令
To be… or not to be, that…
活着 还是死去 这…
I can’t read!
我读不了
I haven’t finished yet.
还没完呢
I’m going to record your voice
我用这机器给您录音
and then play it back to you on the same machine.
再放出来给您听
This is brilliant.
这机器棒极了
It’s the latest thing from America. It’s a Silvertone.
美国的最新产品 银音牌
Pop this on?
戴上这个
There’s a bob in this, mate. You can go home rich!
伙计 这能赚一先令 您可以满载而归
You’re playing music. I know.
这在放音乐 我知道
So how can I hear what I’m saying?
那我怎么听见自己说什么
Surely a Prince’s brain knows what its mouth is doing.
王子的脑子肯定知道嘴在说什么
You’re not well acquainted with Royal Princes, are you?
你一定不了解王子
Hopeless. Hopeless!
完全没用
You were sublime.
您读得非常好
Would I lie to a prince of the realm to win twelve pence?
我怎么会为了一先令欺骗王子殿下
I’ve no idea… what an Australian might do
我怎么知道一个澳洲人
for that sort of money.
为了那点钱会做出什么
Let me play it back to you.
我放出来给您听听
No.
不用
All right then, I get to ask you the question.
那好吧 我就要提问了
Thank you, Doctor,
谢谢你 医生
I don’t feel… this is for me.
我觉得这治不好我
Thank You for your time, Bye.
麻烦你了 再见
Sir?
阁下
The recording is free.
录音是免费的
Please keep it as a souvenir.
请收下做纪念
No.
没用
For the present,
当前形势下
the work to which we are all equally bound,
我们共同担当的重任
is to arrive at a reasoned tranquillity
便是在全国之内
within our borders,
营造和平平静的环境
to regain prosperity at this time of depression,
在此萧条期间
without self-seeking…
摒弃私心
and to carry with us those whom the burden of past years…
与我们这些为之前的重负倍感灰心与挫折的人
has disheartened or overborne.
再图繁荣
To all, to each, I wish a Happy Christmas.
祝每位国民圣诞快乐
God bless you.
上帝保佑你们
And off air.
直播结束
Easy when you know how.
熟能生巧
Sir.
阁下
Have a go yourself.
你来试试
Congratulations, Sir. Mr. Wood.
演讲很成功 陛下 伍德先生
Splendid fellow.
他很厉害
Chap taught me everything I know.
教会我最重要的一条
Let the microphone do the work.
麦克风自然会播音
Sir. Thank you.
阁下 谢谢
Gentlemen.
各位这边走
Sit up, straight back,
挺胸坐直
face boldly up to the bloody thing and stare it square in the eye,
抬头面对话筒 直视它
as you would any decent Englishman.
当它是个平民
Show who’s in command.
拿出皇家气派
Papa, I don’t think I can read this.
爸爸 我觉得我读不了
This devilish device will change everything if you don’t.
如果读不了 这该死的东西能毁了一切
In the past all a King had to do was
过去一个国王要做的事情
look respectable in uniform and not fall off his horse.
就是穿上正装摆摆样子 别掉下马
Now, we must invade people’s homes…
现在我们必须进入平常百姓家
and ingratiate ourselves with them.
去讨好他们
This family’s been reduced
所谓皇室家族

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!