You are live in two minutes, Your Royal Highness.
殿下 离您出场还有两分钟
Sir?
殿下
At the microphone, Do your work Sir.
在话筒前讲话就可以了 阁下
I am sure you will be splendid. Just take your time.
我相信您会做得很出色 只要别急
Time to go.
去吧
Good afternoon.
下午好
This is the BBC National Programme and Empire Services
现在是由BBC国家电台及大英帝国电台
taking you to Wembley Stadium
为您直播在温布利体育场举♥行♥的
for the Closing Ceremony of the Empire Exhibition.
帝国博览会闭幕式
where His Royal Highness the
约克公爵殿下将在此宣读
Duke of York will read a message from his Father;
来自他父王
His Majesty, King George V.
乔治五世的祝词
58 British Colonies and Dominions have taken part,
五十八个英属殖民地和领地的参加
making this the largest Exhibition staged anywhere in the world.
使之成为全世界最盛大的博览会
Remember Sir, Three flashes;
记住 殿下 指示灯会闪三下
then steady ‘red’ means you are Live.
然后亮红灯 说明广播开始
Using the new invention of radio,
收音机问世
The Opening Ceremony was the first time…
使国王陛下首次通过无线电
his Majesty the King addressed his subjects on the wireless.
在开幕式上发表了演说
At the close of the first Season,
第一♥期♥结束时
The heir to the throne His Royal Highness…
王储威尔士亲王殿下
the Prince of Wales, made his first broadcast.
也发表了首次广播演说
And today, his younger brother His Royal Highness,
今天 他的弟弟
the Duke of York will give his
约克公爵殿下也将首次通过广播
inaugural broadcast to the Nation and the World.
向大英帝国以及全世界致闭幕词
I have received…
我收到了
from his Majesty the…
国王 国
The King…
国王陛下的
Inhale deep into your lungs… Your Royal Highness.
深深吸进肺里 殿下
Relaxes your larynx, does it not?
这能放松您的喉咙 是吧
Cigarette smoking calms the nerves and gives you confidence.
吸烟让您精神放松并给您自信
Now, if Your Highness will be so kind as to open your hand.
殿下 请您张开手
It’s Sterilized.
这是消过毒的
One, two, three,
一 二 三
four, five, six, seven.
四 五 六 七
Now, if I may take the liberty,
恕我冒昧
insert them into your mouth.
请把它们含在嘴里
Excuse me, Doctor. What is the purpose of this?
抱歉 医生 请问这样做是为了什么
It is the classic approach, it cured Demosthenes.
这是传统疗法 它治好了德摩斯梯尼(古希腊雄辩家)
That was in Ancient Greece.
那是在古希腊
Has it worked since?
现在还管用吗
Now, if you would be so kind as to read.
现在 请您读一下
“A wealth of words.”
这几段话
Fight against those marbles, Your Royal Highness.
克服那些弹珠的阻碍 殿下
Enunciate!
读出来
A little more concentration your Royal Higness.
再专心一点 殿下
I nearly swallowed the bloody things!
我差点吞了这些该死的玩意儿
Thank you so much, Doctor,
谢谢您 医生
it’s been most, hmm… interesting.
这非常 有意思
Your highness.
殿下
Insert… marbles!
含 弹珠
He can insert his own bloody marbles.
他自己怎么不含
Tick, tock. Tick, tock.
滴答 滴答
You know, you can’t keep doing this, Bertie.
你不能总这样 博迪
I know.
我知道
Promise me. Promise me, no more.
答应我 答应我 治疗到此为止
Hello. Is anyone there?
你好 有人在吗
I’m just in the loo.
我在厕所里
Ah, Mrs.Johnson, there you are.
约翰逊夫人 您来了
I’m sorry, there’s no receptionist. I like to keep things simple.
抱歉 我这没前台 我喜欢简单
“Poor and content is rich and rich enough.”
“乐而安贫就是富”
I’m Sorry? Shakespeare. How are you?
什么 莎士比亚说的 您好
How do you do?
您好
Oh, chuffing along.
我近来咳嗽不断
Um, now, this is slightly awkward, but I’m afraid you’re late.
这有点棘手 但是 恐怕您迟到了
Yes, I’m afraid I am.
是的 恐怕是的
Where’s Mr Johnson?
约翰逊先生呢
Ah… He doesn’t know I’m here.
他不知道我来
That’s not a promising start.
这个开头可不好
No. No, look,
是 是不好 情形是
my husband has seen everyone to no avail.
我丈夫求医无数 皆无好转
Awefully ‘fraid he’s given up hope.
恐怕他已经放弃了
He hasn’t seen me.
他还没见过我
You’re awfully sure of yourself.
你很自信
Well, I’m sure of anyone who wants to be cured.
我对每个期望治好的人都满怀信心
Of course, he wishes to be cured.
当然他想要治好
My husband is um… Well, he’s required to speak publicly.
我丈夫 需要在公开场合讲话
Perhaps he should change jobs?
或许他该换个工作
He can’t.
没法换
Indentured servitude?
卖♥♥身契
Something of that nature. Yes.
差不多
Well we need to have your hubby pop by.
那么 你老公得过来
Uh..Tuesday would be good…
周二可以
He can give me his personal details
他可以跟我说下个人情况
and I’ll make a frank appraisal and then, We can take it from there.
我来做个准确评估 然后开始治疗
Doctor, forgive me.
抱歉 医生
I do not have a hubby. We don’t pop.
我不称他为老公 我们也不过来
And nor do we ever talk about our private lives.
更不对外人讲我们的私生活
You… must come to us.
您 必须来我家
I’m Sorry, Mrs Johnson, my game, my turf, my rules.
抱歉 约翰逊夫人 我的地盘听我的
You’ll have to talk over this with your husband
你得说服你丈夫
and then you can speak to me on the telephone.
然后给我打电♥话♥
Thank you very much for dropping by… Good afternoon.
感谢你来访 再见
And what if my husband were the Duke of York?
如果我丈夫是约克公爵呢
The Duke of York?
约克公爵
Yes… the Duke of York.
是的 约克公爵
I thought the appointment was for Johnson? Forgive me, your …?
我以为预约的是约翰逊 抱歉 殿…
Royal Highness.
殿下
Johnson was used during the Great War;
大战时他用这个姓
when the Navy didn’t want the enemy to know he was aboard.
皇家海军不想让敌人知道他在船上
Am I…considered the enemy?
我被当成敌人吗
You will be, if you remain unobliging.
是的 如果您不合作
And you have to have abosolute descretion.
而且你得严格保密
Of course. How did you find me, Your Royal Highness?
当然 殿下 您是怎么找到我的
The President of society of the Speech Therapists.
通过语言矫治协会的会长
Eileen McCleod? She’s a sport.
艾琳·麦克卢尔 她是我的朋友
Dr McCleod warned me your
麦克卢尔医生提醒我说
antipodean methods were unorthodox and controversial.
您的澳洲式疗法是异端而且颇有争议
I warned her… those were not my favorite words.
我告诉她 我不爱听那些词
I can cure your husband.
我可以为您丈夫治疗
But for my method to work I need trust and total equality;
但用我的办法需要信任和彻底的平等
Here, in the safety of my consultation room.
并在我的诊室里进行
No exceptions.
概不例外
Well then, in that case…
那么 既然这样
When can you start?
您什么时候可以开始
Still sounds a bit rough, mate.
听起来还是有点刺耳 小伙子
You make me drive too slowly, Dad!
是你让我开得太慢了 老爸
Did you pick mum up from bridge?
你去桥那边接你妈了吗
Yes, I’ve hardly been out of the car all day.
是的 一整天我都开着车到处跑
I had a special visitor this afternoon.
今天下午 来了位特别的客人
May I please leave this table. How special, special?
我可以离桌了吧 怎么个特别法
No, You must stay, bored stupid,
不行 小蠢蛋
listening to your parents’inane conversation.
你得留下来听你♥爸♥妈无聊的谈话
Thanks Dad.. and Mum.
谢谢爸爸 还有你妈
And mom.
谢谢妈妈
Me too. You meeting Jean?
我也走了 去见简吗
No, someone else.
不是 别人
Doctor? Doctor? Can’t you help your brother with the washing…
博士 博士 你能帮兄弟们洗碗吗
I’m fine.
我正忙着呢
Who’s it Lionel?
是谁 莱昂内尔