Do not let her go away.
我赐予她的一切都是她的荣幸
I let her do nothing that is not my pleasure.
留在这里是你的荣幸
It is my pleasure that you stay here!
留在皇宫里
In palace! In palace!
不行 国王陛下
No, Your Majesty.
这些孩子都那么喜欢你…
Why do you wish to leave these children,
你怎么舍得离开他们
all of whom are loving you so extraordinarily?
我不想离开他们 我也非常喜欢他们
I do not wish to leave them. I love them too, quite extraordinarily.
我不能呆在言而无信的地方
I cannot stay where a promise has no meaning.
我不想再听这些了
I will hear no more!
在暹罗这样希望能够在文明世界…
A land where there is a wish for Siam
占有一席之地的国家…
to take her place in the modern world,
一切却都还听命于国王的意愿
but where everything still remains according to the wishes of the king!
你不准再说了
You will say no more! No more!
我不会再说了 没什么好说的了
I will say no more, because there is no more to say!
过来 路易斯
Come, Louis.
都出去
Out, out, out!
谁啊
who is
进来吧 诗奥皇后
Oh, well, come in, Lady Thiang.
安娜夫人 你马上去见国王
Mrs. Anna, you must go to king at once.
真的吗 为什么我必须去
Indeed? And why must I?
我打算下次出航就回去
I plan to leave on the next sailing.
求你了 安娜夫人
Please, Mrs. Anna.
他派你来求我的
Did he send you here to ask me?
不 是我自己来的
No. It is I who ask you.
国王非常困扰 不知道该怎么办
King is in terrible distress, not knowing where to turn.
困扰
Distress?
新加坡密探发现了 给英国政♥府♥信件的副本…
Agents in Singapore have found copies of letters to British government
里面把国王描述成野蛮人…
which describe king as barbarian
还建议把暹罗变成英国的保护国
and suggest necessity of making Siam a protectorate.
真是太可耻了
Oh, but that is outrageous!
我不怎么喜欢国王 但他不是个野蛮人
The king is many things I dislike, but he is not a barbarian.
那你能去见他吗
Then you will go to him now?
你是说 给他一些建议
You mean, to advise him?
但你得委婉地建议
It must not sound like advice.
国王不会接受建议的
King cannot take advice.
他不会提起这件事 但为了他你得给他建议
And he will not bring up subject. You must do it for him.
不行 诗奥皇后 那样有背我的一切原则
No, Lady Thiang, I can’t. It’s against all my principles.
他需要帮助 安娜夫人
He needs help, Mrs. Anna.
但他还有你
Oh, but he has you.
我不能满足他的需要
I am not equal to his special needs.
拜托了 诗奥皇后 我不能去 而且…
Please, Lady Thiang, I simply cannot go to him, especially without
他都没有要求我去
his having asked for me.
我还能说什么呢
What more can I say to you?
他是个用心思考的人
This is a man who thinks with his heart,
但他的心有时会被蒙蔽
His heart is not always wise.
他会被绊倒 摔跤
This is a man who stumbles and falls.
但他是个敢于尝试的人
But this is a man who tries.
他是个值得你在有生之年…
This is a man you’ll forgive and forgive,
原谅 帮助…
and help and protect,
并保护的人
as long as you live.
他说的话…
He will not always say
可能会不合你心意
What you would have him say,
但他会时不时地…
But now and then he’ll say
说出一些豪言壮语
something wonderful.
他会粗心大意地做一些…
The thoughtless things he’ll do
伤害你 让你担心的事
will hurt and worry you.
然后他能马上…
Then all at once he’ll do
做一些豪迈壮丽的事
something wonderful.
他有很多梦想…
He has a thousand dreams
都无法实现
that won’t come true,
你知道他坚信梦想
You know that he believes in them,
对你来说…
And that’s enough
那就够了
for you
你会一直在他身边…
You’ll always go along,
当他做错事时 为他辩护
Defend him when he’s wrong,
当他强壮时…
And tell him when he’s strong,
告诉他 他所向披靡
He is wonderful.
他无时无刻不需要你的爱
He’ll always need your love,
他也能得到你的爱
And so he’ll get your love.
一个需要你爱的人…
A man who needs your love
是个…
can be
无与伦比的人
wonderful.
国王陛下
Your Majesty.
你是来道欢的
You have come to apologize.
-对不起 国王陛下… -很好 你道欢了
-I am sorry, Your Majesty, but… -Good! You apologize.
-我不是说… -我接受了
-I didn’t say… -I accept.
谢谢你 国王陛下
Thank you, Your Majesty.
那么
Well?
你没见我正烦着吗
Do you not see I am occupied?
我正思考着很重要的事
My mind on very important matters.
你想跟我讨论一下吗
Anything you wish to discuss with me?
我为什么要跟女人讨论重要的事
Why should I discuss important matter with woman?
好吧 国王陛下 既然这样 那晚安吧
Very well, Your Majesty. In that case I shall say good night.
晚安
Good night!
国王陛下…
Your Majesty…
-什么 什么 -我想…
-What, what, what? -I wonder…
-船只从新加坡回来… -新加坡
-When the boat came from Singapore… -Singapore!
-有没有带回什么国外新闻 -新闻
-Was there any news from abroad? -News!
是有新闻
There were news!
-他们叫我野蛮人 -谁说的
-They call me barbarian. -Who?
那些会利用这点侵占我国的人
Parties who would use this as excuse to steal my country.
假如你是维多利亚女皇…
Now suppose you are Queen Victoria,
有人告诉你暹罗国王是个野蛮人 你会相信吗
and someone say to you king of Siam is barbarian. Do you believe?
-国王陛下… -你会相信的
-Well, Your Majesty… -You will!
你会相信我是野蛮人 因为没有其他说法了
You will believe I am because there is no one to speak otherwise.
但这是谎言
Oh, but this is a lie!
这是个糟糕的谎言
It is a false lie!
那你打算怎么办
What have you decided to do about it?
你猜呢
You guess.
我会尽力把真♥相♥传给英国
I would do my best to send the truth to England.
你打算这样做吧 陛下
Is that what you have decided to do, Your Majesty?
是的 我是这样打算 但怎么做呢
Yes, that is what I have decided to do. But how?
你猜我会怎么做
Guess how I shall do this.
我猜你会通过跟英国…
Well, my guess would be that you would seek
相关人士的私人会面 来解决问题
some kind of personal contact with the British.
私人会面 等英国大使和他的随从到来时…
Personal contact! When British ambassador and party arrive in Siam…
大使会来
The ambassador, here?
来短暂造访东方 他们说是一次友好访问
On quick tour of Orient. Friendship tour, they say.
他随行的助手 爱德华·拉姆齐爵士给了我一封信
I receive letters from his aide, Sir Edward Ramsay, who accompanies him.
爱德华要来
Edward, coming here?
“爱德华”
“Edward”?
你这样叫他
You call him this?
我们是老朋友 我结婚前就在伦敦认识他了
We are old friends. I knew him in London before I was married.
他们来后 我会告诉他们 我对那些…
When they’re here, I’ll take opportunity of expressing my opinion
试图侵占我国土地的小偷的看法
of thieves who would try to steal my country.
我会让他们看看野蛮人是怎样的
I will show them who is barbarian!
你那是什么表情
Well, what is this face you put on?
我猜你不会跟那些尊贵的客人发生冲突
My guess is that you will not fight with your distinguished visitors.
-我不会 -你不会的 陛下
-I will not? -No, Your Majesty.
你会为他们举♥行♥一场宴会
You will give a banquet in their honor.
用庄重的仪式款待他们
You will entertain them in a particularly grand manner.
使他们都支持你
You will make them all witnesses in your favor.
他们回去就会报告女皇说…
They will return to England and report to the queen
你绝对不是野蛮人
that you are most certainly not a barbarian.
当然了
Naturally!
当然了 我就是要这样做
Naturally! This is what I shall have intended to do.
是啊 国王陛下 勇敢面对他们
That’s it, Your Majesty. Stand up to them.
把你最好的那只脚伸出来
Put your best foot forward.
这只是种表达方式 陛下
It’s an expression, Your Majesty.
意思是穿上你最好的衣服…