…underestimated the brutality of the Khmer Rouge…
应为之后在柬埔寨发生的事负责 的这样的说法
…and so share responsibility for what happened in Cambodia afterwards?
我们失误了.
We made a mistake.
我们可能是低估了70亿美元的炸♥弹♥ 所能制♥造♥的那种疯狂
Maybe we underestimated the kind of insanity that $ 7 billion worth of bombing could produce.
现在在读者分类上
That is provocative…
有许多关于 柬埔寨难民的报道
There have been a lot of refugee stories in Reader’s Digest…
你相信吗
…about Cambodia. Do you believe them?
你们不相信吗
Don’t you believe them?
或许就在 这一刻 读者分类正确了一回.
Maybe in this instance the Reader’s Digest happens to be correct.
你们也怀疑伊朗和
Do you apply the same disbelief to stories…
巴勒斯坦的报道吗
…that come out of Iran or Palestine or Chile?
难民是不是你下次写作的领域
Are refugees your next area of interest?
乘船外逃的那些难民 会写吗
Will you be covering the boat people?
不会
No, I will not.
– 要喝茶吗
Do you want a cup of tea?
– 我不明白你这问题的目的 你是在寻找一种好卖♥♥的苦难吗
Are you looking around for some kind of more salable suffering?
我差不多寄了有500封信了
I must have sent 500 letters.
我寄给国际红十字会 世界卫生组织
I wrote the International Red Cross, the World Health Organization.
我知道 西德 你告诉过我
I know you did, Syd. You told me.
我不知道还有谁我没寄的
I don’t know who I didn’t write to.
我真的没给他选择的机会
I never really gave him any choice.
有一次我们尝试讨论离开
One time we tried to discuss leaving.
我跟他是谈过 不过我们从来没有讨论过
I talked to him about it, but we never really discussed it.
我和斯温谈过 和洛可夫谈过
I discussed it with Swain and Rockoff.
可我从来没跟他谈过
But I never discussed it with him.
他留下来 因为我想他留下来
He stayed because I wanted him to stay.
我自己留下来则是因为…
And I stayed because…
我被困住了 悉尼.
I’m trapped, Sydney.
我知道他 怀疑我 但目前来说他对我不错
I know he suspects me, and yet he treats me well.
这里有许多不同的队伍 悉尼
There are many different groups over here, Sydney.
我必须非常小心
I must take much care.
安卡说:我们有新敌人了.
Now Angka says we have new enemies.
我们必须为夺回被越南侵占
They say we must regain our old lands from the Vietnamese.
的土地而战斗.
And now they say we must fight them.
我想你 想我妻子 我的孩子
I miss you, my wife, my children.
我的心里期待着任何你们的消息
And my heart hungers for news of you.
新中国电台报道
New China Radio reports…
越南和民♥主♥ 柬埔寨之间的战争
…that fighting between Vietnam and Democratic Kampuchea…
在几个边界处开始了.
…has broken out on a number of fronts.
越南声称这是对侵略的报复
This is in retaliation, according to the Vietnamese…
在边境村庄发生的袭击事件中..
…for a number of attacks on border villages…
的士司机啊 是吧 去那边 在金边
Taxi driver, huh?
我想你应该会说英语吧
I think you speak English.
请坐
Sit down.
你知道我爱这个国家
You know, I love this country.
为了它我牺牲了我的全部
I sacrificed everything for it.
我妻子也因为革命而死
My wife died for the revolution.
但是安卡的领导人不再相信群众
But the leaders of Angka no longer trust the people.
因此 我也不能再信任他们
Therefore, I can no longer trust them.
他们也不信任我
And they don’t trust me.
我担心
I fear…
非常担心将来
…really fear for the future.
我想你爱我的孩子
I think you love my son.
看在他的份上
For his sake…
帮我照顾他
…look after him.
战争越来越近了 悉尼
The fighting is close by, Sydney.
如果越南军来了
If the Vietnamese get here…
“安卡” 会毁灭一切
…Angka will destroy everything…
只留下尘埃
…and the Vietnamese, they will find only ashes.
我必须去阻止他们再杀人了. 祝你好运
I must try to stop the killing. Good luck.
别杀人了! 是的 我马上过去 布莱恩
Yeah, I’ll be right there, Brian.
安 请帮我拨415-555-6♥4♥21
Ann, get me 415-555-6♥4♥21.
亚伯 我有个大好消息! 爱依夫
Abe, I’ve got some great news!
20分钟前 我接到巴黎来的电♥话♥
Twenty minutes ago, I get a phone call from Paris.
我和阿德里亚通话
I get Andreas Freund. He talked to Henry.
他和亨利联♥系♥过 亨利告诉他怎么和我联♥系♥上
He told him how to get in touch with me.
阿德里亚说 悉尼 我有个好消息要告诉你
Freund says, “I have got some great news for you.”
是关于普朗的
– San Francisco’s on the line. – “It’s about Pran!”
你妈妈在吗
Is your mother there?
什么时候回来
When?
好吧 我想你把我接下来说的 记下来
All right, I want you to get this down.
写下来 好好写
No, write it down. Write it down.
我有你♥爸♥爸的消息了
I’ve got a message from your dad!
过得怎么样
How you been?
你原谅我吗
Do you forgive me?
没什么需要原谅的 没什么
Nothing to forgive, Sydney. Nothing.