…because she knows her husband is dead.
你是个好人
You’re a good man.
如果你妈妈需要什么东西 记得叫她跟我联♥系♥
If your mother needs anything, make sure she gets in touch with me.
你该走了
You better go.
这5年
For the past 5 years…
就像地图所示的那样
…as indicated on this map that you see here…
北越南占领了柬埔寨国境
…North Vietnam has occupied military sanctuaries…
与南越南交界的军事避难所
…all along the Cambodian frontier with South Vietnam.
正如总统所说的那样
As the President spoke…
美军已经做好进入柬埔寨的准备
…American troops were preparing to move into Cambodia.
和爆♥炸♥袭击的决定一样
The decision to invade, like the earlier secret decision to bomb…
柬埔寨的国民均被蒙在鼓中
…was withheld from the Cambodian people.
我们要用最大的肺活量喊出来 我们就冲
We will yell at the top of our lungs. We will move.
是恐惧感导致一个人害怕 知道吗 恐惧感
It’s the fear that makes a man so scared, you know?
柬埔寨既没有美军军事顾问
There are no American combat advisors in Cambodia.
将来也不会有军队或军事顾问
There will be no American combat troops or advisors in Cambodia.
我们会帮助柬埔寨
We will aid Cambodia.
柬埔寨将会成为尼克松主义的完美范例
Cambodia is the Nixon doctrine in its purest form.
悉尼
Sydney…
我常想起你 也常想起我家人
…I think of you often and often my family.
他们告诉我们说神已经死了
They tell us that God is dead.
现在这个叫安卡的党派
And now the party they call the Angka…
会为我们提供所有的需要
…will provide everything for us.
他宣称安卡发现
He says Angka has identified…
并宣布了一种
…and proclaims the existence…
新的病毒的存在
…of a bad new disease…
一种记忆病种 被诊断为是过于
…a memory sickness diagnosed as thinking too much about life…
怀念革命前的柬埔寨生活
…in prerevolutionary Cambodia.
他说 我们周围都是敌人
He says we are surrounded by enemies.
敌人已经打入我们内部
The enemy is inside us.
谁都不能信
No one can be trusted.
我们必须像公牛一样
We must be like the ox…
除了对党 不许对其他东西进行思考
…and have no thought except for the Party.
除了安卡 不许对他物有爱
No love but for the Angka.
人们都在挨饿
People starve…
但是我们不许种植食物
…but we must not grow food.
我们必须尊敬同志的子女
We must honor the comrade children…
他们的心智被认为是没被过去污染的
…whose minds are not corrupted by the past.
我们中间
Is anybody of us…
有没有医生
…a doctor…
教授
…professor…
或者学生
…and student?
安卡需要你们
Angka needs you.
安卡将会原谅你们的过去
Angka has forgiven all the past.
悉尼
Sydney…
安卡说那些在战争时代
…Angka says that those who were guilty of soft living…
舒适生活的 并不关心农民的苦难的人
…in the years of the great struggle…
安卡说必须坦白从宽
…and did not care for the sufferings of the peasant must confess…
因为现在是零年
…because now is the year zero…
所有的东西都得从新开始
…and everything is to start anew.
我真的很害怕 悉尼
I’m full of fear, Sydney.
我必须假装
I must show no understanding.
我不懂法语和英语.
Not of French or English.
我不能有过去 悉尼
I must have no past, Sydney.
现在是零年
This is the year zero…
以前什么事情都没发生过
…and nothing has gone before.
风仿佛都在诉说着害怕和憎恨
The wind whispers of fear and hate.
战争将爱都杀死了 悉尼
The war has killed love, Sydney.
那些向安卡坦白的人都消失了
And those who confess to the Angka vanish.
没人敢问他们去哪了
And no one dare ask where they go.
在这里 只有沉默的人才能活下来
Here, only the silent survive.
才能活下去
Mercedes, number one!
熟悉我的工作的人都知道 这奖的一半应该属于迪斯-普朗.
Anyone who knows my work will know that half of this belongs to Dith Pran.
如果没有普朗 我不可能完成 甚至是一半我所发的报导
Without Pran, I wouldn’t have been able to file half the stories I did.
在这种场合恭喜我们自己 是挺好的事.
It’s nice to congratulate ourselves on occasions like this.
但是站在这里
But I can’t stand here tonight…
我就不能不想起 那些无辜的人♥民♥
…without thinking of those innocent people…
因为普朗的奉献 对我的帮助 美国人♥民♥才能注意到这些事
…Pran dedicated himself to helping me bring to the notice of the public.
当他们在白宫沉思自己的选择的时候
As they pondered their options in the White House…
那个作出决定轰炸然后侵略柬埔寨的人
…the men who decided to bomb and then to invade Cambodia…
把注意力放在了这些事上:
…concerned themselves with many things:
东西方国家力量对立、 多米诺骨牌效应
Great power conflicts and collapsing dominoes…
如何对北越南展示强悍与威胁、
…looking tough and dangerous to the North Vietnamese…
减少南越撤军的美军压力
…relieving pressure on the American troop withdrawal from the South.
他们也关注国内的问题
They had domestic concerns as well…
这也有利的证明了
…which helps explain why they kept the bombing of Cambodia a secret.
他们为什么
And they may be assumed not to have ignored self-interest…
要把轰炸柬埔寨的事件保密越久越好.
…in their own careers.
他们还会被假定不会忽视
What they specifically were not concerned with…
个人职位提升的利益问题
…were the Cambodians themselves.
但他们最没有关注的 就是柬埔寨的人♥民♥
Not the people…
社会也好
…not the society…
国家也好
…not the country.
除了在政策战略上被利用的时候
Except in the abstract as instruments of policy.
迪特-普朗和我
Dith Pran and I…
尝试录制并带回来这些决定 所给真人造成的
…tried to record and bring home…
对整个人类造成的不可磨灭的结果.
…the concrete consequences of these decisions to real people.
那些被行政部门
To human beings…
排除在外的人
…the people left out of the Administration’s plans…
同时付出了代价
…but who paid the price…
并为其背黑锅的人
…and took the beating for them.
我很高兴能代表迪特-普朗和我自己 来接受这个奖
I’m very pleased to accept this on behalf of Dith Pran and myself.
我很荣幸
I’m very honored…
我想普朗 应该也会很自豪的.
…and I know that Pran would be very proud.
你明年还打算继续那个栏目吗
Do you plan to continue with that theme in the future?
恭喜 厄尼 明年也继续努力吧
Congratulations, Ernie. Do it again next year!
不好意思
I’m sorry.
– 真不错 非常好 – 比上一年好吧
– That was great, really good. – Better than last year.
亚伯 见见我姐姐
Abe, meet my sister.
很高兴见到你
I’m very happy to meet you.
我爸爸在那边 你能帮我拿会吗
That’s my dad. Would you hold this for me?
等一下
One second.
我希望你能推荐一个好的新闻学校
I hoped you could recommend a good school for journalism.
我跟我女儿说我今天会见到你
I told my daughter I’d be seeing you today.
等等我 我马上回来
Just one minute, okay? I’ll be right back.
钱博格先生 我能请你给我签名吗 我非常崇拜你
Could I have your autograph? I’m a great admirer of yours.
恭喜这是你应得的奖
Congratulations on your award, it was well-deserved.
非常感人 我真希望 你能写首歌♥来传唱
Very impressive. I was hoping you’d burst into song.
你在这干什么 你知道最让我困扰的是什么吗
– What are you doing here? – You know what bothers me?
什么
What?
让我困扰的是你为了赢个奖 你就把普朗留在了柬埔寨
It bothers me that you let Pran stay in Cambodia…
因为你知道你离不开他
…because you wanted to win, and you knew you needed him…
– 我完全不是那样想.. – 鬼才信你
– I didn’t have any idea what… – The fuck you didn’t!
鬼他妈才信你
The fuck you didn’t.
我做了所有可能做的事 我事实上也竭尽全力了.
I did everything I could, and I’m doing everything I can.
无论怎样 很高兴见面 我要回佛罗里达了
Nice to see you. I’m on my way to Florida.
我告诉你我真的尽力了
I’m doing everything I can.
是吗 我肯定你有啊 但是我没意识到你有去找过他
I’m sure. I didn’t realize you’d been out there to see him.
艾尔 别跟我玩这套.
Don’t play games with me, Al. Don’t play stupid games.
没人可以 去那里 如果我可以去 我肯定去
Nobody gets to go in there. If I thought I could, I would.
我给每个救济团体寄去了好几百张照片
I’ve sent out hundreds of photographs.
泰国柬埔寨的边境都有他的照片
Every relief organization on the Thai-Kampuchean border…
就算有那么一丝的线索 我马上就会去 今天就走.
…has got his picture. If I saw one glimmer of hope, I’d go today.
人生又不是一部40年代的电影.
Life isn’t a ’40s movie.
不是说你上一架飞机就能 拯救整个世界的.
You can’t just get on a plane and make the whole world come out right!
我无法相信那些话是你说的
And I can’t believe I’m hearing this from you!
恭喜
Congrats.
你和迪特-普朗的家人有联♥系♥吗
Do you keep in touch with Dith Pran’s family?
有的 他们现在住在旧金山
Yes. They’re living in San Francisco.
你怎么回应控诉记者们低估了
How do you respond to accusations that journalists…
红色高棉的残暴性

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!