柬埔寨
Cambodia.
对西方人来说 那里看起来是天国
To many Westerners, it seemed a paradise.
另一个世界 一个神秘的国度
Another world, a secret world.
但是 越南的战火 却跨越国界…
But the war in neighboring Vietnam burst its borders…
蔓延到本是中立的柬埔寨来
…and the fighting soon spread to neutral Cambodia.
作为纽♥约♥时♥报♥特派记者
In 1973, I went to cover this sideshow struggle…
我在1973年前来报导这场附带的战争
…as foreign correspondent of The New York Times.
在一个我滋长出爱意和怜悯的国家里
It was there, amidst the fighting…
在政♥府♥军和红色高棉游击队的激战中
…between government troops and the Khmer Rouge guerrillas…
我遇见了我的向导兼翻译–迪斯.普朗
…that I met my guide and interpreter, Dith Pran…
这个男人曾改变了我的生命
…a man who was to change my life in a country that I grew to love and pity.
战 火 屠 城
现在是美国之声面向
So here we go with Voice of America…
东南亚的新闻
…news for Southeast Asia.
现在是6点45分 这里迎来了个局部多云的早上
It’s 6:45 and a partly cloudy morning here.
华盛顿也是多云天气
Clouds too in Washington.
尼克松总统宣布其将在数日后
President Nixon announced he’ll address the nation on Watergate…
柬埔寨 1973年8月7日
就水门事件发表声明
…within the next few days.
电台:这将是其自从五月以来的首次演讲
The speech will be Nixon’s first since May.
此丑闻不但导致其辞职 而且导致白宫运作瘫痪这
The scandal has caused resignations and paralyzed the White House staff.
也导致了内部冲突的产生
It has also led to intense confrontation and perhaps…
也导致参议院调查员
…a constitutional crisis with Senate investigators…
和水门特别检举人引发的新一轮宪♥政♥危机
…and a special Watergate prosecutor.
演讲将会于民♥意♥测验结束后进行
The speech was announced after the Gallup Poll disclosed…
尼克松的支持率跌落到20年来
…that Mr. Nixon’s popularity had fallen to the lowest point…
各任美国总统的最低点
…for an American President in 20 years.
最高法♥院♥法官 威廉-道格拉斯
A Supreme Court judge, William O. Douglas…
否决了行政部门
…has ruled against an appeal by the Administration…
关于延长执行
…for a stay of the injunction…
后期美国轰炸柬埔寨的命令的请求
…on further U.S. Bombing missions in Cambodia.
国会已裁决此类轰炸不合法
Congress has already ruled these bombings illegal…
军队应于八月十五前一星期内停火
…and they should cease in one week’s time on August the 15th.
走!沙仁 去医院!
Let’s go, Sarun! To the hospital!
请注意 请注意
Information. Information.
柬埔寨航♥空♥为从曼谷飞来的航♥班♥125 因为天气原因
Air Cambodia regret delays of arrival of flight number 125…
晚点到达表示道歉.
…from Bangkok because of bad weather.
叔叔 要坐的士吗
Mister, you want taxi?
要坐的士吗 很好的车
Mister, you want taxi? Good taxi.
把那该死的窗关上 好吗
Shut the fucking blinds, will you?
怎么乱七八糟的
What’s all this shit?
对不起
I’m sorry.
我还以为是服务生 我正在洗胶卷
I thought you were the houseboy. I was developing some film.
如果你要吼我 那我晚点回来 因为我不太舒服
If you’re gonna yell, I’ll come back. I’m not feeling good.
我才懒得吼 我还想心情好些
Don’t want to yell. I want to be in a good mood.
飞机晚点 又没有车来接 我还得打的士到这来
The plane was late, no car. I had to take a taxi here.
我只想好好工作 结果一进来就看到你
All I want to do is work. I got you.
你头上包的是个什么东西
What the fuck is that on your head?
是块卫生棉 我冰了一下
It’s a sanitary napkin. I had it soaked in ice.
这是西德-钱博格 普朗在吗
Syd Schanberg. Is Pran there?
不是 我刚从机场过来
No, I just came from the airport.
好吧 如果他回来 告诉他我在这
Well, if he comes in, would you tell him I’m here?
我会在咖啡中心 告诉他
I’ll be at the Caf?Central, tell him.
谢谢了
Thanks a lot.
你想吃些什么
What do you want to eat?
想吃鸡蛋
Want some eggs?
我可不吃那个 有人告诉我 当你煮它的时候它是吓晕过去了.
I can’t. Somebody told me they faint with fright when you cook them.
– 那你到底要吃什么 – 这里有什么
– What do you want to eat? – What are you having?
我要一份套餐
I’m having a caf?complet.
我也是 还给我一些阿司匹林
I’ll have that. And some aspirin.
我只吃死透了的动物
Anything I eat has got to be absolutely dead.
所以我永远不会吃牡蛎
That’s why I can never eat an oyster.
不记得从哪里读到的
I read somewhere that they put…
洒上柠檬汁是为了 使它晕过去
…that lemon juice on them just to stun them. You know?
这有什么区别
What’s the difference?
晕过去的牡蛎跟一个活着 张开的牡蛎一样恐怖
An unconscious oyster’s just as horrible as the fucker wide awake…
– 天啊 看这些 – 你看到了吗
– My God! Look at this. – Did you see that?
什么炸了 火箭炮吗
What was it? A rocket?
我不知道 我看到一个男的骑个摩托
I don’t know. I saw a guy on a motorbike.
你跑哪去了 我找你找了半天
I’ve been looking for you.
我给你留了口信 没收到吗
I left a message for you.
没收到 我打的士去了
I didn’t get it. I took a cab.
– 现在出大事了 -什么
– There is a big accident right now. – What?
我认为美军在朝小城市投大炸♥弹♥
I think U.S. Drop many big bombs on little city.
-美军 你确定吗 -很多人死了
– U.S. Bombs? You’re sure? – I think many dead.
– 还有其他人知道这事吗 – 没有
– Does anybody else know about it? – Nothing at all.
走!
We’re going.
现在似乎不是时候啊 悉尼 太危险了
Not possible right now, Sydney. Too dangerous.
你们去哪里 钱博格
Where you going, Schanberg?
尼库隆
Neak Luong.
尼库隆已经封锁了
Neak Luong’s closed.
别告诉我这个 长官 你没资格说这个
Don’t give me that, Reeves. You got nothing to say about this.
在这个可悲的小国家 我有权力去任何地方
I got a right to go wherever I like in this sad little country.
这是法律 你阻止我 你就违反了库伯-丘奇修正案
That’s the law. You impede me, you’re breaking the Cooper/Church Amendment!
那去你♥妈♥的♥库伯-丘奇修正案吧!
Well, up the Cooper/Church Amendment’s ass!
我们走!
Let’s go!
我还能怎么帮你 钱博格先生
So how can I help you, Mr. Schanberg?
我想问一下为什么今早 我乘坐的航♥班♥会晚点
I’m looking for information on why my airplane was delayed this morning.
-迟到了 -是的
– Your plane was delayed? – That’s right.
可能是因为天气不好吧 你坐的是商务机 这不是我管理范围
I don’t know. Maybe it’s bad weather. Your flight’s…
不知道吗
You don’t know anything about it?
是的
No, I don’t.
是吗
All right.
那么听我说一下我听说的事
Then I’d like you to listen to something…
然后我希望你评论下
…and then I’d like a comment.
今早 因为有不可控的原因发生
This morning, for reasons beyond anybody’s control…
我在曼谷机场盯着飞机上的 安全带标志盯了近两个小时
…I spend two hours in Bangkok staring at a seat belt sign.
在这个时候 我的线人告诉我
Meanwhile, my sources tell me…
有两架军用直升机到了这里 正好经过机场
…two Army helicopters are landing here, just across the airfield.
金边一半的急救车都在机场 等着与飞机接头
Half the ambulances in Phnom Penh are waiting there to meet them.
而且 还有关于美军 朝尼库隆投弹
And now there’s a rumor that the U.S. Air Force dropped a bomb…
甚至是大批量投弹的传言
…or several bombs, on Neak Luong.
得了吧钱博格 那只是传言 我没办法评论传言
That’s a rumor, and I’m not gonna comment on a rumor.
我不明白你的意思 我只是想知道为什么我的飞机会迟到
I just want to know if that’s the reason why my airplane was delayed!
无可奉告
No comment.
死了多少人
How many killed?
有多少人受伤了
How many wounded?
多谢你的合作 里夫斯少校
Thank you for your cooperation, Major Reeves.
当我了解完整个事情真♥相♥后
When I scrape this story out,
我绝不会忘了在我的新闻里全文引用你的说辞!
I will no doubt be quoting you in full!
对不起 悉尼
I’m sorry.
别说对不起 说对不起就完事了吗
This is just not good enough.
那是个大事件!
This is a big story…
一个非常重要的事件 你明白吗 我一定要去现场去!
…a major story, you understand that? We’ve got to get down there!
– 我知道.. – 别知道知道的
– I know, but… – I don’t want to hear “no”!
我只想知道到下游去的方法
I want to get down that river!
我们现在就应该在那里了
We should be down there now!
我会一直在这里
I’ll be here.
晚安 悉尼
Good night, Sydney.
有口信吗
– Messages? – No, sir.
没有 先生
No, sir.
鲍勃
– Bob? – See you.
鲍勃
Bob?
你好 悉尼 晚安 悉尼
Hello, Sydney. Good night, Sydney.
-你听着 我不能和你说话 -你可以告诉我
– Listen, I can’t talk with you. – You can talk to me.
大使♥馆♥高度紧张 去找新闻发布官了解消息
The embassy is jittery. Get information from a press officer.
让我们不要互相敷衍对方
Let’s not start insulting each other.
晚安 悉尼
Good night, Sydney.
好吧 晚安
All right, good night.
好吧 你听到说是机师的失误
You’ve heard of pilot error?
还是仪器的故障
Computer malfunction?