在那之前六个月 奥利和我
It was about six months before that that Ole and I,
就没再见彼此了
well, uh, stopped seeing each other.
是啊 – 为什么?
Just about. – Why was that?
不是想打探私事
I don’t mean to be out of line,
我们进展困难
but your husband will tell you, we have so little to work on.
任何事情都可能有用
Anything may help.
我也不怕告诉你
Oh, I don’t mind telling you,
只是没那么讨人喜欢
though it’s not very flattering.
奥利和我约好去看电影
Ole and I had a date to go to the movies.
至少我以为我们要去看电影…
At least, I thought that’s where we were going…
然后走进这家宾馆
until we went into this hotel.
谁在办派对?
Who’s giving this party?
杰克邀请了我们 – 杰克是谁?
Some guy lives here. Jake gave us the invite. – Jake who?
杰克 那天晚上在餐馆我介绍过
Jake, the fella I introduced you to in the restaurant the other night.
我不喜欢他 – 为什么?
Oh. I don’t like him. – Why?
他那眼睛贼贼的
He’s got mean eyes.
我跟他可能有点事要谈
Him and me may be going into business.
亲爱的 你去吧 我头疼
Look, honey, you go on ahead. I got a headache.
怎么就头疼了呢? 走吧 你会过得很开心的
Since when? Aw, come on. You’ll have a good time.
你好 请进
Hello. Come in, folks. Come in.
瑞典人 见到你真好 – 你好吗 杰克?
Swede, good to see you. – How’s it, Jake?
好好好
Fine, fine.
幸会呀 这位小女士
And it’s good to see the little lady too.
你叫什么来着 亲爱的? – 哈蒙小姐
What was your name again, honey? – Miss Harmon.
哈蒙小姐
Miss Harmon. Swell.
布林奇 你认识瑞典人 – 哦
Blinky, you know the Swede. – Oh.
哈蒙小姐 这是布林奇·富兰克林 – 你好
Miss Harmon, Blinky Franklin. – How do you do?
钢琴旁边的卢·廷戈尔 我们的女主人柯林斯小姐
At the piano, Lou Tingle, and our hostess, Miss Collins.
凯蒂 安德森先生和哈蒙小姐
Kitty, Mr. Anderson and Miss Harmon.
你好
Hello.
你喝点什么 哈蒙小姐?
What are you drinking, Miss Harmon?
姜汁汽水 什么都不加
Ginger ale, please. Plain.
瑞典人? – 黑麦和水
Swede? – Rye and water.
布林奇 – 嗯?
Ah, Blinky. – Yeah?
黑麦和水 姜汁汽水什么都不加
Rye and water and ginger ale plain.
请随意
Make yourself at home, folks.
杰克跟我说你是一位拳击手 – 你喜欢拳击吗?
Jake tells me you’re a fighter. – Do you like the fights?
我从没看过
I’m afraid I’ve never seen one.
开玩笑吧 – 我讨厌残忍♥ 安德森先生
No kiddin’! – I hate brutality, Mr. Anderson.
两个男人打来打去让我看着不舒服
The idea of two men beating each other to a pulp makes me ill.
瑞典人所有的拳击我都看了
I saw all Swede’s fights.
那你真厉害
How wonderful of you.
我可看不了我在乎的人受伤
I could never bear to see a man I really care for being hurt.
凯蒂
Kitty.
失陪一下
Oh, excuse me.
她真漂亮 – 是啊
She’s beautiful. – Yes.
你要的姜汁汽水 小姐
Plain ginger ale for you, lady.
我改变主意了 加点糖吧
I’ve changed my mind. You can sweeten it now.
没问题
No trouble whatsoever.
这房♥子真漂亮
It’s a nice apartment.
一定花了不少钱去保持吧
Must cost a fortune to keep it up.
他们至少需要两个仆人来打理
I’ll bet they need two servants at least to take care of it.
♪ 知道爱越多 ♪
♪ The more I know of love ♪
♪ 就越不明白 ♪
♪ The less I know it ♪
你的饮料 小姐
Here’s your drink, lady.
♪ 为爱奉献的越多 ♪ – 你的饮料 小姐
♪ The more I give to love ♪ – I said, here’s your drink, lady.
♪ 我拥有的越多 ♪ – 多谢
♪ The more I owe it ♪ – Oh, thank you very much.
坐下吧 – 我吗?
Sit down. – Me?
房♥子真漂亮 – 大吉姆喜欢优越的生活
Nice apartment. – Big Jim likes to live well.
大吉姆? – 是啊 科尔法克斯
Big Jim? – Yeah. Colfax.
他今晚不在吗? – 今晚? 不在 小姐
He’s not here tonight? – Tonight? No, ma’am.
昨晚和明晚都不在 好几个晚上都不在了
Nor last night nor tomorrow night. Not for a lot of nights.
大吉姆的档期都满了
Big Jim has his time all booked up.
吉姆出城了 哈蒙小姐
Jim’s out of town, Miss Harmon.
♪ 让人心碎 ♪
♪ A heartbreak or two ♪
♪ 知道爱越多 ♪
♪ The more I know of love ♪
♪ 还有你 ♪♪
♪ And you ♪♪
那时候我就知道他移情别恋了
Right then I knew the boat had sailed.
我拿上东西就回家了
I just got my things and went on home.
我想奥利想都不会想我
I don’t think Ole even missed me.
他从没恋爱过
He’d never been in love before.
当他恋爱时 那就必须是极好的
Poor Ole. When he did fall, it had to be for dynamite.
大吉姆是谁?
Who’s Big Jim?
科尔法克斯? 一个高雅的贼
Colfax? A thief with a touch of class.
当时在坐牢 出来之后就走了
Was in jail at the time. Went straight after he came out.
那是七八年前吧
That was seven, eight years ago.
瑞典人走上邪道了?
And the Swede went crooked?
我知道你在想什么 里尔登先生
I know what you’re thinking, Mr. Riordan.
我是不是看起来很卑鄙?
I seem like a good deal of a heel, don’t I?
先是娶了奥利的女友 然后把他抓起来判了三年
First, I marry Ole’s girl. Then I send him up for three years.
说什么胡话呢 萨姆
Oh, now don’t talk nonsense, Sam.
我不是奥利的女友 我可是嫁给了你
I wasn’t Ole’s girl, not when I married you.
而且你也没打算逮捕他
And you didn’t set out to arrest him.
不错
That’s right.
莉莉和我结婚大概一个月了
Lil and I had been married about a month then.
一天晚上 我去卢·廷戈尔咖啡馆
And one night, I went into Lou Tingle’s cafe.
我当时在调查一件珠宝的案子
I’d been given a tip on some hot jewelry.
你好 萨姆 – 你好 查理
Hello, Sam. – Hiya, Charlie.
布莱森小姐 这位是鲁宾斯基警探
Miss Bryson, Lieutenant Lubinsky.
案子进展如何 萨姆? – 有一段时间了
How’re tricks, Sam? – It’s been a long time.
那要责怪你啊 – 只有90天期限
You’re partly to blame for that. – Only 90 days’ worth.
请别见怪
No hard feelings.
杰克旁边坐的那位姑娘是谁?
Who’s the girl sittin’ next to Jake the Rake?
名字叫柯林斯
Name of Collins.
有其他名字吗? – 不知道
She got any other names? – None that I know of.
她不会是凯蒂·柯林斯吧?
She couldn’t be Kitty Collins, could she?
服务员
Waiter!
什么事?
Yes, sir?
再来杯咖啡 – 好
More coffee. – Yes, sir.
她是大吉姆·科尔法克斯的女友 是吧? 或者以前是
She’s Big Jim Colfax’s girl, isn’t she? Or used to be.
现在是奥利·安德森的女友了 或者是我听说的
Ole Andreson’s girl now, or so I hear.
晚安 金尼
Good night, Ginny.
你不知道玩火柴的小男孩会怎样吗?
Don’t you know what happens to little boys who play with matches?
等一下
Just a minute.
漂亮 是吧? – 我这辈子都没见过
Pretty, isn’t it? – I never saw it before in my life.
我什么都不知道
I don’t know anything about it.
我发誓 警探 – 把你衣服换了
I swear, Lieutenant. – Get your street clothes on.
这是你的吧?
This belong to you?
这个? 我? 不是
That? Me? No.
也许你知道主人是谁? – 我不知道
Maybe you know who the owner is. – I haven’t any idea.
你不知道吗 杰克?
Not you, Jake?
你们其他人呢?
How about the rest of you?
既然是凯蒂一直戴着
Well, since it was Kitty here had it on,
我想我只好把她带走了
I guess she’ll have to be the one I take in.
走吧 凯蒂 – 瑞典人
Let’s go, Kitty. – Hi, Swede.
你好 芭芭拉
Hello, Barbara.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
大家好 凯蒂 杰克 都准备好了?
Hello, everybody. Kitty, Jake. All set to go?
我终于弄到前排的座位了…
I finally got some front row…
萨姆 天哪 你好吗?
Sam! Well, I’ll be! How are you, boy?
还好 奥利 还好
Okay, Ole. Okay.
你看起来不错啊 潇洒快活呀
You seem to be doing all right. That numbers racket really pays off.
天哪 你都知道了 真是个聪明的警♥察♥
Boy, you know everything. This is one smart copper.
你们知道我们认识多久了吗?
You know how long him and me knows each other?
从小时候就认识了
Since we were little kids.
去喝一杯怎么样?
How about a fast drink?
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
凯蒂 怎么了?
Kitty, what is it?
我要带走她 瑞典人
I’m runnin’ her in, Swede.
你是说逮捕? – 不错
You mean a pinch? – That’s what I mean.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!