我可以告诉你他们长什么样
I can tell you what they look like.
我不想知道他们的样子 谢谢你过来
I don’t want to know what they’re like. Thanks for coming.
要不要我去找警♥察♥? – 不用
Don’t you want me to go and see the police? – No.
那也没什么用 – 我就不能做点什么吗?
That wouldn’t do any good. – Isn’t there something I could do?
没有什么可做的 – 难道你不能离开镇子?
There ain’t anything to do. – Couldn’t you get out of town?
不 我已经跑遍了
No. I’m through with all that runnin’ around.
他们为什么要杀你?
Why do they want to kill you?
我曾做过一件错事
I did something wrong once.
谢谢你过来
Thanks for coming.
不用谢
Yeah. That’s all right.
布伦特伍德警♥察♥局
Brentwood Police Station.
局长现在忙 他会回你电♥话♥
The chief is busy now. He’ll call you back.
以我来看 此案与布伦特伍德毫无瓜葛
The way I look at it, this killing doesn’t rightly concern Brentwood at all.
我们的担心之处在于
What concerns us is,
如何保护市民的生命和财产
protecting the lives and property of our citizens.
隆德住在这里
This man Lunn lived here, that’s all.
杀手来自城外
The killers came from out of town,
他们来这里找隆德
and they were here looking for Lunn.
他们不会杀死其他人
They ain’t gunning for anyone else in town.
他们已经逃走
They made their getaway and,
现在这案子交给州警♥察♥局了
what happens to ’em from here on in is up to the state police.
我们管不着了 – 这正是我寻找的东西
It’s out of our hands. – This is what I’m looking for.
“受益人: 玛丽·艾伦·多尔蒂
“Beneficiary: Mary Ellen Daugherty.
棕搁酒店 大西洋城” 亲戚吗?
Palms Hotel, Atlantic City.” Relative?
还没查过
Haven’t checked yet.
这是纪念品吧
Souvenir, I guess.
有可能
Yeah. Could be.
你对隆德了解多少? – 不多
What do you know about Lunn? – Not much.
一年前来的
Came here about a year ago.
住在云杉街赫希夫人公♥寓♥
Lived at a boardinghouse out on Spruce Street. Mrs. Hirsch’s.
从不交友
Never made any friends, as far as I can make out.
非常神秘
Kept pretty much to himself.
赫希夫人说她不记得他收过任何邮件
Ma Hirsch says she can’t ever remember him getting any mail even.
嗯?
Well?
这种人很少见 – 是啊
They weren’t any of these guys. – That’s for certain.
他们俩见到凶手了
These two boys saw the killers.
他们到亨利餐馆找过隆德
They came into Henry’s Diner looking for Lunn.
说等他一进来就干掉他
Said right out they were gonna kill him when he came in.
那天晚上尼克·亚当正好在
Just happened Nick Adams was in the place that night.
他和隆德都在加油站工作
He and Lunn worked together at the filling station.
我要回去工作了
I ought to be getting back on the job.
如果没什么事的话 我先走了 – 你走吧
If you’re done with me for now, I’d better go. – You can go.
亚当
Say, Adams.
那个瑞典人是什么样一个人?
What kind of a fellow was the Swede?
没事的 尼克 里尔登先生是保险公♥司♥的
It’s okay, Nick. Mr. Riordan’s from the insurance company.
不算令人讨厌吧
Ah, he wasn’t a bad sort of fellow.
你跟他相处还好吧?
You got along with him all right on the job?
还好 相处还可以 – 嗯哼
Sure. Easy enough to get along with. – Uh-huh.
我要看一下尸体 – 好的
Think I’ll have a look at the body. – Right.
尼克 你带里尔登先生去找普卢斯纳
Nick, you take Mr. Riordan down to Pluthner and introduce him.
普卢斯纳先生负责太平间
Mr. Pluthner’s in charge of our county morgue.
谢谢 我还想跟尼克聊聊呢
Thanks. I’d like to have a chat with Nick anyway.
有什么事找我
Anything else I can do, let me know.
隆德指纹的报告
I’d like a copy of the report on Lunn’s fingerprints,
你一拿到尽快给我一份
soon as you get it from Washington.
我会马上寄给你 – 好的 这个我可以拿走吗?
I’ll send it right on to you. – Fine. Mind if I keep this?
当然可以 – 再次感谢
Keep it. Sure. – Thanks again.
告诉我 尼克 最后一次你和瑞典人在一起时…
Tell me, Nick, the last time you and the Swede were together…
尼克 什么事啊?
Hello, Nick. What’s on your mind?
普卢斯纳先生 这位是里尔登先生
Mr. Pluthner, this is Mr. Riordan.
局长让我带他过来
The chief asked me to bring him down.
我是大西洋保险公♥司♥的
I’m with the Atlantic Casualty Company.
三州石油在我们这儿为其员工上了保险
Tri-States Oil carries a group policy with us on its employees.
隆德是他们的员工 – 保险现在需要支付
Lunn worked for them. – Well, the policy is now payable.
身上中了八颗子弹 几乎把他给分开了
Got eight slugs in him. Near tore him in half.
我曾做过一件错事
“Once I did something wrong.” – Huh?
这是他对尼克最后说的话
Those were his last words to Nick here.
这是什么意思”我曾做过一件错事”
I wonder what he meant.”Once I did something wrong.”
我不知道 应该是很久前的事了
I don’t know, but it was something a long time ago.
你怎么知道? – 他说话那种语气
How do you know that? – Just the way he said it.
就好像是很久前发生过的事
Like it was something happened a long time back.
瑞典人每天晚上都在那儿吃饭? – 是啊
Did the Swede eat his supper at the diner every night? – Yeah.
为什么杀手出现那晚他没去
I wonder why he didn’t show the night the killers were there.
他都闷在家里好几天了 身体不太舒服
He’d been staying home for a few days. He didn’t feel so good.
他怎么了? – 我不知道
What was the matter with him? – I don’t know.
胃疼吧
Stomach or something.
星期四开始的 一个星期前
It started Thursday, a week ago.
我当时在加油
I was at the filling station.
再一个小时就关门了
About an hour before closing,
有个男的开一辆黑色大轿车过来
a guy drives in in a big black car.
应该是凯迪拉克
Caddy, I think it was.
加满 – 好的 先生
Fill ‘er up. Ethyl. – Yes, sir.

Hey, you!
看一下油 好吗?
Look at the oil, will ya?
没问题
It’s okay.
看一下后轮胎
Check the rear tires.
擦一下挡风玻璃
Wipe the windshield.
这镇有名字吗?
This town got a name?
有啊 – 叫什么?
Yeah. – What is it?
布伦特伍德 – 布伦特伍德?
Brentwood. – Brentwood?
总共3. 83 – 给 谢谢
3.83 with the tax. – Here, kid. Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
布伦特伍德?
Brentwood, huh?
尼克 你把门关了 我回去了
Nick, you close up. I’m going home.
怎么了 瑞典人? 你生病了?
What’s the matter, Swede? Are you sick?

Yeah.
感觉头晕
I feel kind of sick.
他摸着肚子走开了
And he walked off rubbing his stomach,
第二天也没来上班
and he didn’t come to work next day.
这是他唯一一次旷工
Only time I knew him to miss a day.
你没注意到车牌号♥是多少?
You didn’t notice the license plates on the car, did you?
是其他州的车
It was an out-of-state car, though.
伊利诺斯州或者宾夕法尼亚州
Illinois, I think, or maybe Pennsylvania.
车上那名男子什么样?
And the man in the car, what did he look like?
体格魁梧 留着小胡子
Well, he was kind of heavyset. Had a mustache.
先生 如果你不介意 我有点恶心
Look, mister, if you don’t mind, I’m feelin’ kind of sick myself.

Yeah.
请给我转纽瓦克市场部32600
I want to call Newark, honey. Market 3-2-600.
布伦特伍德277
Uh, Brentwood 2-7-7.
我是里尔登 请接我办公室
This is Riordan. Let me have my office, please.
你好 斯黛拉? 我还在布伦特伍德 对
Hello, Stella? I’m still up in Brentwood. Yeah.
我已经拿到隆德的验尸照片
I’ve had some postmortem photographs made of this fellow Lunn.
我马上发给你
I’m sending you in a print.
他指关节断了 曾经是一名战士
He’s got broken knuckles, a fighter’s hands.
让他们把照片拿去凯莉那里
Have one of the boys take the picture over to Kelly’s gym.
看有没有人认得出来
See if anyone there can identify him.
有任何与他相关的情况告诉我
Get me anything you can on the guy.
什么? 那个可以等明天我来了之后
What? Oh, that can wait till I come in tomorrow.
告诉他们我要去一趟大西洋城
Well, tell the boys I’ve taken a run down to Atlantic City.
我要见一下隆德的受益人
I want to interview Lunn’s beneficiary.
里尔登先生 这里的人都叫玛丽·艾伦”奎妮”
Around here, Mr. Riordan, they all call Mary Ellen”Queenie.”
她应该马上就到了
She should be here any minute.
通常这个时候从教堂都回来了
She’s usually home from church by now.
她来了
There she is.
奎妮 你过来一下好吗?
Queenie, will you come here a minute?
这位是里尔登先生
This is Mr. Riordan.
你好 奎妮
Hello, Queenie.
谢谢 格兰姆斯夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Grimes.
请坐 奎妮 – 谢谢你
Sit down, Queenie. – Thank you, sir.
我有个消息告诉你 也许是好消息 也许是坏消息
I have news for you. It may be good, it may be bad,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!