What’s up, man?
你没事吧
You okay?
没事 我很好
Yeah. Yeah, great.
亲爱的 少喝点 现在是白天
Go easy on the wine, hon. It’s daytime.
好的 你也少管点 行吗
Okay. Same goes for the micromanaging. Okay?
保罗 你一直都知道…
So, Paul, did you always know that…

Yes.
自己想从事餐饮业吗
that you wanted to be in the food services industry?
我很喜欢食物
I always liked food.
是吗
Oh, yeah.
我这么问是因为我记得
No, I was asking because I remember
我看过你的档案
when I was reading your file,
就是我们当初找…
back when we were looking for,
精♥子♥捐赠者的时候
you know, sperm…
-宝贝可以给我土豆色拉吗 -当然
– Can I have the potato salad, babe? – Sure.
你说你当时
Anyway, you said that
在学国际关系学
you were studying international relations.
是啊 那是很久之前的事了
Oh, yeah. Wow, that was a… That was a long time ago.
当时是考虑学的 但后来我辍学了
Yeah, I was considering it, but then I dropped out of school.
你大学没读完吗
You dropped out of college?
是啊 可能我不太适合吧
Yeah, it just wasn’t my thing.
-为什么不适合呢 -不知道
– No? Why’s that? – I don’t know.
我读了一段时间后
It just seemed like a
发觉读大学太浪费钱了
massive waste of money after a while, you know?
我就坐在那听别人讲一堆
I was just sitting on my ass listening to people spout ideas
我随便看看书就能学会的东西
I could just as easily have learned in a book.
好的
Okay.
我不是那个意思 你知道的
I’m not saying that, you know,
我不是说高等教育都不好
I think that higher learning uniformly blows.
我认为大学对有些人来说是很棒的
You know, I think college is great for some people.
杰妮 你一定会喜欢上大学
Joni, I’m sure you’re gonna love it.
但我习惯身体力行 实践出真知嘛
But just… I’m a doer. That’s how I learn.
我就是这样 有点怪癖
It’s just me. I’m weird that way, I guess.
可能这就是为什么我从事餐饮业吧
Which is probably why I’m in the food services industry.
是啊
Right.
妈 你听出来没
Hey, Mom, you see what he did there, right?
你说餐饮业
You said “Food services industry,”
所以他也说餐饮业
so then he said “Food services industry.”
莱泽 我听出来了 谢谢你
Yeah. I got that, Laser. Thanks.
那么 保罗 你的…
So, Paul, what about your…
你的社交生活怎样
What about your social life?
我的社交生活吗
My social life?
对啊 你是结婚了
Yeah, you know, are you married,
离婚了 还是拍拖中?
divorced, seeing anyone?
-妈妈 -怎么了
– Mom. – What?
-我们在了解保罗嘛 -没什么
– We’re getting to know Paul. – It’s okay.
没事 没关系 我既没结婚也没离婚
No, no, it’s okay. I… No, I’ve never been married nor divorced.
偶尔约会
I date sometimes,
但我现在只想专心经营我的餐馆
but I’m really just kind of focused on my restaurant right now.
-这…-嗯 有道理
– Well, that’s… – Yeah. Makes sense.
那么 干杯
So, cheers.
干杯
Yeah. Cheers.
顺便说 红酒很醇
Excellent wine, by the way.
谢谢
Thank you.
你多大了来着
How old are you again?
这家里肯定你说了算
You must be the griller of the family.
没错
Yeah.
没事 没关系
No, that’s okay.
我很乐观
I like to be positive.
没错
Yeah.
你俩怎么认识的
So how’d you two meet?
我们在加州大学洛杉矶分校认识的
We met at UCLA.
我在那里做住院实习
I was a resident,
朱尔斯得了急症
and Jules had an emergency.
我的舌头麻木了
My tongue was numb.
-真的吗 你的舌头吗 -莱泽
– Really? Your tongue? – Laser.
苍天啊
Oh, my God.
这样可不好
It’s not nice.
你们才有问题呢
No, that’s not nice. I mean,
这故事我们听了几百遍了
we’ve heard that story 100, 000 times.
-你舌头怎么了 -我不知道
– What happened to your tongue? – I don’t know.
我的脸和舌头都彻底麻木了
I mean, I lost all the feeling in my face and my tongue.
然后 我就特别紧张
And then, you know, I got really
怕自己会喘不上气
nervous ’cause I thought that I was gonna gag
然后 说不定就…
and, you know, maybe like…
窒息而死?
Choke? Die?
没错
Yeah, exactly.
你怎么帮得她
What’d you do to help her?
我给她一片安定
I gave her a Valium,
让她放松 让她说话
and I told her to relax and tried to get her to talk,
让她的舌头活动活动
you know, move her tongue around.
事实上 她开始戏弄我 确实起效了
Actually, she started teasing me, and that really helped.
我是为了分散你的注意力
I was trying to distract you.
我知道 很管用 你那时真的很搞笑
I know. It worked. You were really funny.
你那时超漂亮
You were really pretty.
然后 我的舌头就恢复了
And then, you know, my tongue started working again.
-当然 -天啊 妈妈 拜托了
– Sure. – God, Mom, please.
从此我们就如胶似漆地粘在一起了
Wow, we’ve been glued at the hip ever since.
那是当然
Yeah. No doubt.
太棒了 故事太精彩了
Yeah. Great. Great story.
是啊 我们很喜欢
Yeah, we like it.
妮可 你是医生 这我知道
So, Nic, you, you’re a doctor, I know that.
朱尔斯你呢
But what are you into, Jules?
你做什么工作
What do you do?
我上大学时学的建筑
Well, you know, I mean, I studied architecture in college.

Right.
但我不算是个建筑师
But I’m not really an architect.
我本打算做这行
I mean, I was on my way to becoming one,
但在孩子们出生前我放弃了
but I quit before the kids were born.
这事儿常有
That happens.
孩子们大点儿后
And then when they got a little bit older,
我开始做巴厘岛家具进口生意
I started a Balinese furniture import business.
不错嘛
Right on.
但是不太顺利
But that didn’t really work out.
生意不好做
Yeah, businesses aren’t easy.
是啊
Yeah.
目前我在尝试新生意
But I’m in the process of starting a new business.
很好啊 什么生意
Great, good for you. What’s that?
景观设计 不是园艺
Landscape design. I mean, you know, not gardening.
当然 这里面有园艺的成分
I mean, you know, there’s a gardening component,
但是 核心工作是创造
but, really, the real work is in creating unique,
独一无二且环保的空间
eco-friendly spaces that, you know, the surrounding,
与周围的环境协调一致
that blend, you know, with the surrounding environment.
你明白我的意思吗
You know what I mean?
明白
Definitely.
相当明白
Most definitely.
杰妮 你跟保罗讲过你的毕业演讲吗
Hey, Joni, did you tell Paul about your graduation speech?
没有 她没告诉我
No, she didn’t tell me.
字里行间都透露着智慧和希望
It was so full of wisdom and hope.
去拿来
Hey, go get it.
我打赌保罗想听听
You know, I bet Paul would like to hear it.
不 妈妈 他绝对不想听
No, Mom, I’m sure he wouldn’t.
不 不 不 他肯定想
No, no, no, sure he would.
快 去拿来
Go on, go get it.
不 我不想
No, I don’t want to.
亲爱的 别不好意思
Sweetie, don’t be embarrassed.
妈妈 我没不好意思
Mom, I’m not embarrassed.
老天 别烦我了行不行
Jesus, give it a rest. Just let it go.
我去拿点冰激凌
I’m gonna get some ice cream.
-我来帮忙 -好吧
– I’ll help. – Okay.
亲爱的 这是第四杯了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!