Look, I like you, Bert.
我知道你是个好小伙
You’re a good lad. I know that.
我因为认识你还得到了一些好处
I’ve had the benefit of getting to know ya.
很多人没有
A lot of people haven’t and a lot of people
很多人也不想得到
wouldn’t want to, neither.
你不能和遗属争论
You can’t argue with the bereaved.
你了解玛格丽特 你做什么她都会陪着你
Knowing Margaret, she’ll carry that with you.
这是你想要的吗
Is that what you want for her?

No.
很好
Good lad.
孩子 我们回去吧
Let’s go, son, eh?
晚安
Goodnight.
你知道 你不必总是听我爸的话
You know you don’t always have to do as me dad says.
你在干嘛
What… what you doing?
我在训练
I’m training!
现在是周日的早上八点
It’s eight o’clock Sunday morning!
你婚礼我喝的酒还没醒呢
And I’ve still got an hangover from your wedding.
弗里亚尔 你能不能别吵了
Friar, would you stop making all that noise!
不是我
It’s him!
快回去睡觉吧
Get back to bed!
我要告诉玛格丽特
I’m gonna tell Margaret
她嫁给了个该死的疯子
she’s married a bleeding lunatic.
1949年十月 曼彻斯特
孩子 我们出发吧
Alright, son? Let’s go.
一切都已经准备就绪
I’m ready for you.
快来吧
Come on.
各位 他来了
Gentlemen, here he is
曼城的新守门员
the new Manchester City goalkeeper
博特·特劳特曼
Bert Trautmann.
现在你们可以向他提问
Now, feel free to ask him questions.
举手提问 我们回答所有问题
Raise your hand to do so and we’ll get you all covered.
好了吗 博特
Y’alright, Bert?
您好
Yes?
你有没有想过作为一名德国战俘
Did you ever imagine as a German POW
你最终能成为曼城的守门员
that you would end up as Man City’s goalkeeper?
不 我现在也不敢相信
No, I still cannot believe it.
你想在这里实现什么
What do you want to achieve here?
我想要赢得比赛
I want to win the matches.
并且好好照顾我的家人
And to take good care of our family.
你在哪里学习踢球的呢
Where did you learn to play like that?
你什么时候踢足球呢 我想说 你很年轻
When did you find the time? I mean, you’re very young
况且你大部分时间在部队里
and you were a soldier for a long time.
在我小时候 没有什么比
In my childhood, there was nothing
听到我的朋友
I enjoyed more than to hear my friends
叫我一起踢足球更开心的事情了
calling for me to come and play football with them.
我的父亲是个非常严厉的人
My father was very strict
只有做完家务 我才能出去
and I couldn’t leave until my household chores were finished
所以我尽可能快得跑去与朋友碰面
but then I ran down as fast as I could to meet the others.
但是已经来不及了
But I was mostly too late
球队已经分配好了
and the teams had already been decided on, and…
然而没有人想当守门员 所以我加入了
and nobody really wanted to go in goal so I went in.
我们很幸运
Lucky for us.
曼彻斯特有一个很大的犹太人社区
Manchester has a big Jewish community.
你认为他们会对你的到来有什么反应
How do you think they’ll react to you being here?
让我们把问题限制于
Let’s keep the questions related to…
我们的读者想要知道你们德国佬
Our readers are going to want to know if your Jerry
-是否涉嫌战争罪 -战争已经结束了
– was involved in war crimes. – The war’s over.
你不能指望我们不去问这些问题
You can’t expect us not to ask these questions.
各位 请保持安静
Gentlemen, please.
现在 我们带博特·特劳特曼到这里
Now, we’re introducing Bert Trautmann here
是因为他会成为曼城卓越的一分子
as a great new talent for Manchester City.
我做的是所有士兵都不得不做的事
I did what all soldiers had to do.
那并不是选择题
There was no choice.
我没得选
I had no choice.
你说你没得选
You say you didn’t have a choice
但是我们调查过你
but we’ve looked into you
我们发现你是自愿加入军队的
and we found out you volunteered for the army.
他那时还是个年轻的小伙子
He was a young lad.
-是的 我做过… -嘿 同志们
– Yes, I did… – Hey, come on, lads.
回到足球问题上来
Back to the football questions…
但是当初我并不清楚
But I didn’t know
我在做什么
what I was doing
或者它会是什么样子
or what it would be like.
当我明白时
And when I found myself fighting
我已经在前线了 已经来不及了
on the front line, it was too late.

I…
然后我就像其他士兵一样尽我的职责
I then just did my duty as any soldier would do.
所以你不想成为一个士兵吗
So, you didn’t want to be a soldier?
在那种情况下我没有太多的选择
I didn’t really have that much of a choice in the matter.
你曾经获得过不少勋章
You were awarded several medals
包括铁十字架勋章 是真的吗
including the Iron Cross. Is that true?
铁十字架勋章:纳粹德国颁发给有军功士兵的勋章
你是否获得了铁十字架勋章
Is it true you have an Iron Cross?
是的 我有
Yes, I have.
你是
And you’re a member of the…
好了 各位 我们要求
Right, gentlemen. We request…
不 我要求
No, I’m requesting…
你知道
Did you have any knowledge
犹太人被驱逐出境吗
of the deportation of the Jews?
这太离谱了
This is outrageous!
你有铁十字架勋章吗
You have an Iron Cross?
有成千上万的人拥有它
There are thousands who have it
它并不意味着什么
it doesn’t mean anything.
那关于自愿参军呢
And what about volunteering?
你说你没有选择 但是我听说
You said you didn’t have a choice and then I have to hear
你是自愿参军
that you volunteered?
我需要知道真♥相♥
I need to know the truth.
-什么真♥相♥ -关于你的真♥相♥
– The truth about what? – About you!
关于你这个德国佬的脑子里装的是啥
About what’s going on in that Kraut head of yours!
你不想知道
You don’t want to know.
我想
But I do!
我们的婚姻该怎么办
I mean, how is this marriage supposed to work?
它必须建立在真诚之上 你必须信任我
It has to be built on trust, you have to trust me.
我相信你
I do.
博特 别走
Bert! Don’t walk away from me.
我需要知道我嫁给了谁
I need to know who I married.
告诉我你曾经做过的最糟糕的事情
Tell me the worst thing you’ve ever done.
你最惭愧的事
The thing you’re most ashamed of.
你能告诉我吗
Can you tell me that?
曼城守门员荣获过铁十字架勋章
Man City goalie has an Iron Cross!
来看看吧
Read all about it!
号♥外 号♥外
Extra, extra!
守门员是个纳粹
Goalie was a Nazi!
我现在想立刻要回我的钱
I want my money back right now!
也许和他签约就是一个错误
Maybe it was a mistake to sign him.
他并没有告诉我们他的铁十字架勋章
He didn’t tell us about his Iron Cross
或是其他该死的勋章
or any of his bloody medals.
我们从来没问过
We never asked.
纳粹
Nazi!
我们必须去看看球队
We have to see the team.
你让我们陷入了麻烦 乔克
You got us into this mess, Jock
你得帮我们解决掉
and you’ll bloody well get us out of it.
我♥操♥你♥妈♥的♥
I mean, fucking hell!
阿尔特曼拉比
Uh… Rabbi Altmann.
下午好 谢谢你来看我
Good afternoon. Thank you for coming to see me.
请进
Uh, please, step into my office.
听见了吗
Listen to them, eh?
我们面对过它 也面对过阿森纳
We’re up against that and Arsenal.
现在听我的
Now, listen to me.
我会告诉你们怎么面对它
I’ll tell you how we are going to deal with this.
你们所有人都要支持
Every one of you will be supporting
球队里的每一个人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!