It was the only part of my life, to this day…
相信自己的时刻
where I trusted myself completely.
– 真不错 – 谢谢
– Very good. – Thank you.
– 真棒 – 谢谢 – 你做的好极了
– Good work. – Thank you. – You did good.
– 我有安全感 – 我们运气好
– I was safe there. . – We’ve been very lucky.
– 我仍旧清晰地记得 – 谢谢
– I still cry remembering that. – Thank you.
– 你没看《生活》杂♥志♥ – 没
– You not see Life magazine? – No.
我教导我女儿 “用你的棋子去击溃敌人”
I told my daughter, “Use your horses to run over the enemy.”
她用这招很快获胜了
She won very quickly this way.
– 很好 – 拜拜
– Oh, good. – Bye-bye.
– 拜拜 – 说拜拜
– Bye-bye. – Say bye-bye.
BGM: One Fine Day – The Chiffons
– 拜 – 拜
– Bye. – Bye.
BGM: One Fine Day – The Chiffons
BGM: One Fine Day – The Chiffons

Hi.
BGM: One Fine Day – The Chiffons

Hi.
邱太太 你好
Ah, Mrs. Chew!
你认识我女儿吗 象棋冠军
Oh, you know my daughter, Waverly Jong, chess champion?
聪明的小姑娘 再见
Smart girl! Bye.
谢谢 拜拜
Thank you. Bye-bye.
我希望你不要这样做 告诉大家我是你女儿
I wish you wouldn’t do that, telling everyone I’m your daughter.
你什么意思
What you mean?
和你母亲在一起你感到羞耻吗
You so ashamed to be with your mother?
不是这样
It’s not that.
就是 很…
It’s just that it’s so…
难为情 仅此而已
embarrassing, that’s all.
什么 做我女儿你感到难为情
What? Embarrassed you be my daughter?
我不是这么说的
That’s not what I said.
那你说了什么 看着我
Then what you say? Look at me!
看着我
Look at me!
你为什么要拿我来炫耀
Why do you have to use me to show off?
如果你想炫耀
If you want to show off…
为什么你不去学下象棋
then why don’t you learn to play chess?
薇芙丽 你给我回来
Waverly! Waverly! You come back!
回来得正好 天 你麻烦大了
About time. Boy, are you in trouble.
坐下 吃饭
Sit down. Eat.
这个女孩不关心我们
This girl not have concerning for us.
我们也不关心她
We not concerning this girl.
我再也不下象棋了
I’m never gonna play chess again!
你不能逼我
You can’t make me!
你可以随意折磨我
You can torture me all you want…
我还是不会屈服
I still won’t.
你听见我说的话了吗
Did you hear what I said?
日复一日 我期望妈求我再次下象棋
For months I kept expecting Ma to beg me to play chess again…
但是她再没提过 好像我从来没下过象棋
but she never mentioned it, as if I had never played at all.
猜怎么着 我决定继续下象棋了
Guess what? I’ve decided to play chess again.
你以为就这么简单
You think it is so easy.
有一天放弃了 再一天又捡起了
One day quit, next day play.
你什么事都是这样
Everything for you is this way.
如此聪明 如此简单 如此迅速
So smart, so easy, so fast.
不会再这么简单了
Not so easy anymore.
她说的话就如同咒语
What she said, it was like a curse.
我有的这股力量 我对自己的信念
This power I had, this belief in myself…
我事实上感觉到它们逐渐枯竭
I could actually feel it draining away.
我可以感到自己变得如此普通
I could feel myself becoming so ordinary.
我曾经洞察到的所有秘密
All the secrets I once saw…
我再也无法洞察到了
I couldn’t see them anymore.
我看到的只有
All I could see was–
我的错误和弱点
were my mistakes, my weaknesses.
我最好的一部分就这样…
The best part of me just…
– 将军 – 消失了
– Check. – disappeared.
但我不能怪我母亲
But I can’t put it all on my mother.
一切都是自作自受
I did it to myself.
我再也没下过象棋
I never played chess again.
特雷弗 她需要剪发和烫发
She needs a cut and a perm, Trevor.
她头发的颜色
And this color of hers,
是来自她在家里用的廉价黑色染发剂
it’s from that cheap black dye she’s been using at home.
上帝禁止她花钱在任何专业的打理
God forbid she’d pay to have anything professionally done.
我为什么要掏钱 为了什么
Why I should pay? What for?
我为什么要花90美元打扮得和你一样 多重要的人物似的
Why I should pay 90 dollar? To act like you? So important.
去找一个穿着破破烂烂的牛仔裤的理发师
Go to fancy barber with torn-up jeans.
达琳 我这里需要洗发精
Darlene, we need a shampoo here.
我甚至为了讨好她 嫁给了一个中国人
I mean, I even married a Chinese guy to please her.
他很出色 给了她一个外孙女
He was gorgeous. He gave her a granddaughter.
但她满意吗
But was she satisfied?
当我们离婚时 她表现失落 好像都是我的错
When we got divorced, she got all upset like it was my fault.
我想给你看样东西 就在楼上
I just want to show you something. It’s upstairs.
小心肖莎娜的玩具
Watch out for Shoshana’s toys.
当我终于再次开始约会
And when I finally started dating again…
当我试着给她提示里奇
when I tried to hint to her about Rich…
和我在同居
that we were living together–
她怎么会没注意到
How could she not notice?
这次不会就这么算了 她沉默相待也不行
This was not going to go away, even with her silent treatment.
这就是我想给你看的
This is what I wanted to show you.
你知道里奇吗 我给你提过的
You know Rich, the guy I told you about?
我不知道他为什么要给我买♥♥这个
I don’t know why he got it for me.
天气还没冷到要穿这衣服的地步
It’s really never cold enough to wear.
你想试穿吗
You wanna try it?
这衣服不怎么样
This not so good.
尽是些边角料
Only leftover strips.
看见没 毛太短了
See? Fur too short.
没有长毛
No long hairs.
你怎么能批判一件礼物
How can you criticize a gift?
他好心好意送给我
He gave this to me with all his heart.
这就是我为什么要告诉你质量不怎么好
That’s why I told you. Not so good.
我这次不会让她得逞的
I wasn’t going to let her get away with it this time…
让我对我的挚爱感到抱歉
making me feel bad about Rich, the love of my life…
他待我如同我是完美无缺的
who treated me like I was perfect.
你不准备说点别的吗
Well, aren’t you going to say anything else?
我要说什么
What I should say?
关于公♥寓♥ 关于这些
About the apartment, about this!
还有这些
And this!
或是这些
Or this!
所有的一切
All of this!
我们到了 大家都在哪儿
We’re here! Where is everybody?
第二周我带里奇参加
The next week I brought Rich to
母亲的生日晚宴 算是某种惊喜
Mom’s birthday dinner, sort of a surprise present.
我谋划着她必须接受里奇 不管她喜不喜欢
I figured she was going to have to accept Rich, like it or not.
– 里奇 这是我父亲 – 你好吗
– Oh, Rich, this is my father. – How ya doin’?
– 生日快乐 妈 – 你好吗 – 我很好 多谢
– Happy birthday, Mom. – How are you? – I’m good, thank you.
妈 这是里奇
And, Ma, this is Rich.
很高兴见到您 天 什么东西闻起来这么香
Great to meet you. Boy, something smells wonderful.
我猜我们来对地方了 这是给您的
I guess we came to the right place, huh? Here you are.
薇芙丽一直告诉我您的厨艺精湛
You know, Waverly has been telling me that you are the best cook.
我想我们可能搞定她了
I think maybe we got her.
他脸上的斑真多
So many spots on his face.
当然 说这话还早
Of course, the night was still young.
谢天谢地我早已按照埃米莉·波斯特
Thank god I already prepped
书中的中国礼节教过里奇了
him on the Emily Post of Chinese manners.
叔叔 你好吗
Hi, Uncle. How are you?
我敬你一杯酒
事实上 有几点是我忘了提
Actually, there were a few things I forgot to mention.
让我来祝酒
Uh, let me make a toast.
– 他本不应该喝第二杯 – 这杯敬
– He shouldn’t have had that second glass… – Here’s to…
当其他人只喝了半杯
when everyone else had had only half an inch…
各位家庭成员
everyone in the family.
来品尝味道
just for taste.
虾 我的最爱
Shrimp. My favorite.
他本应该只取一小勺最好的菜肴
He should have taken only a small spoonful of the best dish…
直到大家都尝过之后再多舀
until everyone had had a helping.
他胃口很好啊
He has good appetite.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!