齐心协力 我们才能摆脱社♥会♥主♥义♥的枷锁
That together we can shake off the shackles of socialism
让我们深爱的祖国重返荣耀
and restore to greatness this country that we love.
而实现这些唯一的方法就是让保守党胜出
And the only way is for the Conservative Party to win!
她会当选吗 选票在不断攀升
Is she going to get there? Watch those bars rise.
今天是5月4号♥星期五 英国历史性的一刻
It’s Friday the 4th of May, a historic day for Britain,
由撒切尔夫人领导的保守党
a Conservative government led by Mrs. Thatcher
将要领导英国
is set to lead the country.
虽然斯里兰卡有班达拉奈克夫人
Bandaranaike in Sri Lanka,
班达拉奈克夫人 史上首位女总理 甘地夫人 印度首位女总理
印度有甘地夫人 但是
Mrs, Ghandi in India, but never
此前在西方 还从未产生过女性首相
in the West has there been a woman Prime Minister.
她成为英国历史上
The place that she has secured in British history,
首位获权组建内阁的女性
as the first woman ever to be invited to form a government.
同时得以入住世界上最著名的住所之一
The bonus of one of the most famous addresses in the world,
唐宁街10号♥
Number 10 Downing Street.
干得漂亮 继续保持 老伴
This is it, steady the buffs old girl.
下午好 首相大人 祝贺您 首相大人
Good afternoon, Prime Minister. Congratulations, Prime Minister.
我想说的就是
I should just like to say
对于英国民众今日给予我的信任
that I take very seriously the trust
我会倍加珍惜
placed in me by the British people today
而且我将鞠躬尽瘁 绝不辜负大家的期望
and I will work hard every day to live up to that responsibility.
此刻 我想跟大家分享
And now, I should like to share with you a prayer
圣方济格的一段祷告词
of St Francis of Assisi:
在有矛盾的地方 让我们播种和谐
”Where there is discord may we bring harmony
在有谬误的时候 让我们播种真理
Where there is error may we bring truth
在有猜疑的地方 让我们播种信任
Where there is doubt may we bring faith
在有绝望的地方 让我们播种希望
And where there is despair may we bring hope”
挺胸 收腹
Shoulders back, tummies in!
谢谢 迈克尔
Oh. Thank you, Michael.
3 2 1
Three, two, one.
我健康极了 没必要弄这些
I’m perfectly healthy. There’s no need for any of this.
就让他们瞧个仔细 MT
Just let them look under the bonnet, MT.
彻底检查一下很好
Check everything is hunky dory.
真得是越来越烦人了
Really this is becoming quite tiresome.
-哪方面 -你
– What is? – You.
遇见你以前 我自己好端端地活了24年
I was on my own for twenty four years before I met you
现在没有了你 我一样可以好好地活
and I can manage perfectly well without you now.
所以请你走开吧 别再来烦我了
So will you please go away and stop bothering me.
来 看我这里 好的
Just look straight at me, straight ahead, that’s it.
-你夜里盗汗吗 -不
– Are you noticing night sweats? – No.
有幻觉吗
Hallucinations?
没有
No.
能入睡
Sleep?
是 能睡 一晚上睡四五个小时
Yes, I sleep. Four, five hours a night.
这么说你醒得挺早的
So you wake early?
我睡得还很晚 习惯了
And I stay up late. I always have.
我们只是按程序问问
We just want to keep abreast of it that’s all.
是的 当然可以
Yes. Of course.
悲伤是种自然状态
Grief is a very natural state.
我丈夫死于癌症 过世多年了
My husband has been gone for years. Cancer.
卡洛说你决定把他的物品
Carol says you’ve decided
捐赠出去 这也许是件好事
to let his things go. Probably a good thing.
是的 是我的主意 捐给乐施会
Yes. It was my idea. To Oxfam.
Oxfam:Oxford Committee for Famine Relief 牛津饥荒救济委员会(也译乐施会)
都是极好的东西 有人能用得上
Perfectly good stuff. People can use these things.
但还是有些混乱
Still it must be a bit disorientating.
你被迫感知一些东西
You are bound to be feeling.
什么
What?
我被迫感知什么了
What am I bound to be feeling?
人们现在都不思考了
People don’t think any more.
他们全凭感觉 总问你感觉怎么样
They feel. How are you feeling?
一下子说 我觉得不妥
oh I don’t feel comfortable with that
一下子又说 抱歉 我们的组织觉得如何如何
oh, I’m so sorry but we, the group were feeling…?
知道吗 当代最重大的问题之一
Do you know, one of the great problems of our age…
就是我们被这样一群人所统治
is that we are governed by people who care…
他们对于感受的关心胜过想法和观念
more about feelings than they do about thoughts and ideas.
想法和观念才真正让我感兴趣
Now thoughts and ideas. That interests me.
要问我有什么想法
Ask me what I am thinking-
你在想什么 玛格丽特
What are you thinking, Margaret?
积思成言
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
积言成行
Watch your words, for they become actions.
积行成习
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
积习成性
Watch your habits, for they become your character.
积性成命
And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
思想决定人生的高度
What we think, we become.
我父亲一直这样教导我
My father always said that.
而我想我的身体没问题
And I think I am fine.
但我很感谢你的关心
But I do so appreciate your kind concern.
请接电♥话♥吧
Oh, do please answer that.
可能是需要你的病人打来的
It might be someone who needs you.
我给卡洛打个电♥话♥ 告诉她
I’ll give Carol a quick ring, let her…
我们回来了 然后给你把电热毯插上
know we’re back, then I’ll put your electric blanket on.
稳住 稳住 稳住
Steady, steady, steady!
真是的 让开
Damn. Fore!
那个巫医如何
What about that medicine man?
残羹冷炙啊
Cold supper.
玛格丽特 你的生活标准下降了
Standards are slipping Margaret.
亲爱的 你跟那个庸医坦白了吗
Well you really gave it to that quack didn’t you, darling?
和以前一样 说你有幻觉
Just like the old days! Hallucinations my eye!
他好大胆子
How dare he?
但你肯定顾左右而言他 对吧
But then you give us all the run around, don’t you?
我知道你能听见我说的 宝贝
I know you can hear me, sweetheart,
装聋作哑毫无意义
so there’s no use pretending you can’t.
够了 丹尼斯 够了
Enough. Denis, enough!
即刻消失
Dismissed!
最后是她下的手 杀了他
She does it in the end. Kills him-
真搞不懂你干嘛这么乖僻
I don’t know why you’re being so scratchy.
除了我又没人跟你聊天
It’s not as if you’ve got anyone else to talk to.
当喜马拉雅山的农民为遇到公熊而骄傲
When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride –
本诗出自The Female of the Species
知道吗 见你还能大段引用
You know, it’s a marvel to me
吉朴林的作品真让我感到惊奇
that you can still quote huge chunks of Kipling…
试着回忆一下那个女人的名字
but try remembering the name of that woman who’s…
她做了一桌难吃的冷餐
just made you that godawful cold collation.
记不起来吗
No?
再想想 你能记起来
Come on. You can do it.
一年中的月份名称
Month of the year.
一个音节 和月亮押韵
One syllable. Rhymes with moon.
-是朱恩 -朱恩 答对了
– June. – June! Bingo.
就知道你总能想起来
Knew you’d get there in the end.
当喜马拉雅的农民为遇到公熊而骄傲
When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride…
他高声恐吓 通常都能吓退公熊
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside…
但却招来母熊 将他粉身碎骨
but the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
雌性动物比雄性动物凶猛得多
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male…?
如果我听不到你 那么就看不到你
If I can’t hear you then I can’t see you.
如果看不到你 那么你就不存在
And if I can’t see you then you are not here.
如果你不在这里 我不会发疯
And if you are not here, I am not going mad.
我不会发疯
I will not go mad.
我不会 不会发疯
I will not… I will not go mad.
撒切尔女爵今日例行
Baroness Thatcher made an
到诊所进行检查
apparently routine visit to her doctor today.
虽然她极少出现在公众视野当中
Although rarely seen in public,
但这位20世纪任期最长的首相
the longest serving Prime Minister of the twentieth century,
仍然是极具争议的人物
remains a controversial figure.
虽然被苏联人戏称为”铁娘子”
Almost lovingly dubbed by the Soviets The Iron Lady,
但她也被老朋友罗纳德·里根赞誉
she’s also credited, with her friend Ronald Reagan,
在结束冷战中起到了决定性的作用
with a decisive role in the ending of the Cold War.
支持者声称她转变了英国的经济形态
Her supporters claim she transformed the British…
使战后经济衰退现象得到好转
economy and reversed the country’s post-war decline.
而反对者则谴责她肆意削减政♥府♥开支
Her detractors blame her savage public spending…
全面推广私有制
cuts and sweeping privatization of –
我都认不出自己了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!