保守党 29697票
Conservative… 29,697
现在我宣布1959年芬奇里区议员是
Now I announce you Member of Parliament for Finchly 1959
玛格丽特·撒切尔女士
Mrs.Margret Thatcher.
等等 让我看看我的照片 求你了
Wait, just show me my picture, please.
别走 妈妈 别走
Don’t go. Mummy don’t go.
妈妈 等等 妈妈 回来吧
Mummy, wait. Mummy, come back, please.
求求你回来
Please come back.
撒切尔夫人
Mrs.Thatcher!
请让让
Excuse me.
撒切尔夫人 我是艾雷·尼夫
Mrs.Thatcher! Airey Neave.
欢迎来到疯人院 请跟我来
Welcome to the madhouse. Follow me.
尊敬的芬奇里选区议员
The Honourable Lady, Member of Parliament for Finchly
秩序 秩序
Order! Order!
有请教育大臣
The Right Honourable Lady the Secretary of State for Education.
非常感谢 议长先生 工党知道
Thank you, Mr. Speaker. The right honourable gentleman knows
我们除了关闭学校别无选择
that we have no choice but to close the schools!
因为
Because…
因为他们工会的出纳员
Because his union paymasters have called
恶意发起罢♥工♥来削弱我们的经济
a strike deliberately to cripple our economy.
胡扯
Rubbishi!
在教室里没有供暖没有照明的情况下
Teachers cannot teach when there is no heating,
老师们是无法授课的
no lighting in their classrooms.
我请问工党 这是谁的过错
And I ask the right honourable gentleman, whose fault is that?
你们 你们
Yours! Yours!
你们
Yours!
我认为教育大臣的声音有点太尖锐了
Me thinks the Right Honourable lady doth screech to much.
如果她想要我们认真听她的话
If she wants us to take her seriously
她就得学会冷静
she must learn to calm down!
如果你
If the right honorable gentleman
能多注意我说话的内容
could perhaps attend more closely to
而不是我说话的腔调
what I am saying, rather than HOW I am saying it,
或许还能不知不觉学到点东西
he may receive a valuable education in spite of himself!
为何本届保守党政♥府♥如此失败
Why has this Conservative government failed?
为何政♥府♥迫使国有企业的人
Why has it forced so many in the public sector into
标题 工会要挟英国
掀起罢♥工♥来保卫自己的工作
taking strike action to save their own jobs?
首相大人
Minister…
基础公共服务的瘫痪
the breakdown in essential public services
像是交通 电力 环卫
in transport, in electricity, in sanitation
错不在工会
is not the fault of the trades unions,
而在本届保守党政♥府♥
but of this Conservative government
就是你们可耻地为之效劳的地方
in which you so shamefully serve!
也就是说停电会一直持续下去
So these power cuts will continue
直到我们双方达成协议
unless we can reach a compromise.
矿工要求加薪35%
The miners are asking for a 35% increase in wages.
毫无疑问我们做不到
Obviously we can’t go anywhere near that.
工会不是我们的敌人 从来都不是
The unions are not our enemies and never have been.
我们一直以来都希望能达成最广泛的共识
We want and we’ve always wanted the broadest consensus.
我确信大家一致同意
I’m sure we are all in agreement that
目前我们不能做任何
we must do nothing for the moment
使局势恶化的事
that will further inflame the current situation.
正是这样 首相大人
Hear hear, Prime Minister.
其实 现在十分关键的是
The fact of the matter is, it’s absolutely crucial that
要让公众视我们为调解人
we are seen by the public to be acting as conciliators
而非闹事者
and not aggressors.
是的
Yes.
教育大臣 请讲
Yes, Education Secretary.
谢谢 首相大人
Yes, Prime Minister.
今天煤矿工会的主席
With the Miners Union Leader today calling
号♥召军队叛变来支持罢♥工♥
for the army to mutiny in support of the strikes,
这似乎不是调解的时候吧
this seems the wrong time for conciliation.
别着急 电一会儿就来了
Be patient. They’ll come back on again in a moment.
谁有光源
Anybody get a shade in?
罢♥工♥嘛 是得有心里准备
Ah, boycott. Be prepared.
谢谢 玛格丽特
Thank you, Margaret.
你的观点值得考虑
Your thoughts are duly noted.
溢美之词
Compliments…
我们在这个岛上很强大
We on this island are strong.
我们自力更生
We’re self-reliant.
拿破仑称我们是小商人的国度
Napoleon called us a nation of shopkeepers.
他想讽刺我们 但我觉得这是溢美之词
He meant it as an insult but to me it’s a compliment.
所以他才输给我们
That’s why he couldn’t beat us,
所以希♥特♥勒♥才输给我们
and that’s why Hitler can’t beat us.
我们保守党人希望
We Conservatives believe in
给予民众 特别是年轻人
giving people the freedom and opportunity to
发挥自身潜能的空间和机会
fulfil their own potential, especially the young.
假装人人平等没什么好处
There’s no good in pretending we’re all equal…
我们并非人人平等
we’re not all the same,
从未平等 将来也不会平等
never have been, never will be.
我们应该鼓励我们的孩子
We should encourage our children
努力超越我们
to aspire to achieve more than we have…
因为我们的孩子会成为未来的领导者
for our children today will be the leaders of tomorrow.
现在是1974年 却感觉像二战
It’s 1974 and you’d think it was WWII.
灯火管制 没有汽油 一片混乱
Blackouts, no petrol. It’s a mess.
海斯应该引咎辞职
Heath should resign now and make
给不惧怕工会的人让位
way for someone who’s not afraid to tackle the unions.
我发誓 我大脑一片空白
I swear, it’s all gone completely out of my head.
我的驾驶教练认为我能通过
My driving instructor thinks I should pass
但是我觉得自己根本没怎么学
but I feel as if I’ve hardly had any lessons,
荒唐吧 也许这次是幸运
which is ridiculous isn’t it? Maybe third time lucky.
靠右
Right.
你要牢记一点
The only thing you should remember
别人要么太莽撞要么太笨
is that everyone else is either reckless or inept.
往往兼而有之
And usually both.
掌控方向盘的人必须勇敢
One must be brave if one is to take the wheel.
往右
Right-o.
往右打方向 往右边一点
Move over… Move to your right a little bit.
但如果太靠右
But if I move to the right
我不就逆行了吗
aren’t I on the wrong side of the road?
-前面有人 -往右 往右边开
– Well he’s in the way! – To the right. Move to the right!
-怎么开的 -对不起 十分抱歉
– Look out! – So sorry! Terribly sorry!
看我啊 会开车了
Hey, look at me, driving!
谢谢妈妈 太刺♥激♥了
Thanks Ma, that was terrific!
我真觉得自己会开车了
I really feel I’ve got a handle on it now.
爸爸 你都没看见
You should have seen us, Pa.
你打算自己做早饭吗 亲爱的
Are you trying to cook your own breakfast? Dearness!
煮个破鸡蛋我还是可以的
I can boil a bloody egg.
妈妈带我去试驾
Mummy took me for a test drive.
我们哪儿都去了 几乎全逛遍了
We went absolutely everywhere. All over the place.
我决定了 我要参加竞选
I’ve decided. I’m going to run.
竞选什么
What for?
我要竞选党内领导人
I’m going to run for Leader of the Party.
-我真笨 -祝你好运
– Silly me! – Good luck!
一直我都认为我在学开车
All the time I thought I was having a driving lesson,
原来妈妈只是在谈政♥治♥ 能不能不这样
it was all about my mother, just for a change!
她抱怨什么呢
What’s she on about?
-今早的驾驶考试 -嗯 对
– It’s her driving test this morning! – Oh, right. Of course.
你说你想当首相
Are you saying you want to be Prime Minister?
我只是说有人应该挺身而出
What I’m saying is that someone must force the point,
讲别人所不敢讲 这群男人都没勇气
say the unsayable. None of these men have the guts.
现任首相一直对你信任有加 MT
The Prime Minister has been very loyal to you, MT.
但是他过于软弱 他把整个党都削弱了
But he’s weak, and he’s weakened the party.
人应该有自知之明 你在发抖
One must know when to go. You’re shaking.
-让我 -我能行
– Let me… – I can do it!
老天哪
Goodness me!
今天早晨大家都怎么啦
What is the matter with everyone this morning?
我已经跟你说过问题所在
I’ve told you what the matter is.
现在生意很棘手
The business is a bit rocky at
而医生认为我需要休息
the moment and the Doctor thinks I need a rest.
那么你真需要休息吗
And do you need a rest?
我们都清楚

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!