a woman might call it good housekeeping.
我觉得
I’m not sure…
达特福德选民需要的
a home economics lesson is quite what…
并不是一堂家庭经济课
the Dartford constituents need.
他们看到了工业国有化
They see industry being nationalized…
工会高高在上 英镑下跌
the unions on the up, the pound on the slide…
谁能把这些事情理清楚 他就是我要选的人
whoever can sort that lot out, he’s my man.
女人可以吗
Or woman?
女士们 请吧
Ladies, shall we?
罗伯茨小姐 和女士们一起去吧
Miss Roberts, do join the ladies.
我们受到教了
That’s told us!
玛格丽特 如果
So, Margaret, how would you
你是首相的话会怎么处理这件事
have dealt with this if you’d been Prime Minister?
什么
Where?
炸♥弹♥袭击 妈妈
The bombings, mummy.
今天的
Today.
我们刚才一直在谈论这件事
We were just talking about them.
不 是的 我们一直跟邪恶共存
No, uhm, yes – we have always lived alongside evil.
但他们从来没有如此耐心
But it has never been so patient,
如此热衷屠♥杀♥
so avid for carnage, so
如此渴望让无辜的生命被漠视
eager to carry innocents with it into oblivion.
-没错 – 玛格丽特
– Yes. – So, Margaret…
西方文明必须根除这种邪恶 不管它躲在哪里
Western civilization must root out this evil, wherever it hides,
否则我们就要冒着
or she risks defeat at
在核武器时代被全球恐♥怖♥主♥义♥打败的风险
the hands of global terror in a nuclear age.
无法想象
Unimaginable!
我觉得首相的声明十分精彩
The Prime Minister gave a very good statement I thought.
对 他很聪明 非常圆滑
Yes. Clever man. Quite a smoothie.
撒切尔夫人 非常荣幸见到您
Madam Thatcher, it’s been such a pleasure to meet you.
-你好 我坐下您不介意吧 -不介意
– Yes. You don’t mind if I sit down… – No.
在1984年爱尔兰共和军炸毁布莱顿的格兰德酒店后
I heard you speak at conference in Brighton in 1984
我听过你在集♥会♥上的讲话
just after the IRA bombed the Grand Hotel.
非常精彩
You were remarkable.
我希望您知道
I hope you appreciate what an
您鼓舞了很多像我这样的女人
inspiration you have been for women like myself.
从前政♥治♥是关于如何做事
Well it used to be about trying to do something.
现在是关于如何出名
Now its about trying to be someone.
不论如何 我 感谢你
Well anyway, I…thank you.
-晚安 撒切尔夫人 -晚安
– Good night, Lady Thatcher. – Good night to you.
好 扶着我 另一只
OK. Hold on to me. Other side.
帮我解开 我够不到
Do the clasp, I can’t quite…
好的
OK
睫毛掉了一根
You’ve got an eyelash.
许个愿吧
Make a wish.
我今天跟迈克尔医生谈过了
I spoke to Doctor Michael today.
他医术非常好 收费也非常贵
He is very good and very expensive.
我知道再过一个月你才应该去见他
I know you’re not due to see him for another month.
但是我跟他谈过了 他能安排时间明天见你
but I’ve spoken to him and he can fit you in tomorrow.
只是一次检查
Just for a check up.
妈 求你了
Ma, please!
马克有什么意见
What does Mark think about it?
马克
Mark?
对 叫他来 我想跟他谈谈这件事
Yes. Tell him to come up. I want to talk to him about it.
马克和萨拉还有孩子们在一起
Mark’s with Sarah and the children.
在他给他们晚安吻之后
Well tell him to come up and see me after he’s…
让他来见我 可以吗 卡洛亲爱的
kissed them good night, would you Carol darling?
他不在这里 妈妈
He’s not here Mummy.
马克住在南非
Mark lives in South Africa…
你已经不再是首相了
and you are not Prime Minister anymore…
而且爸爸已经
and Dad is…
爸爸已经去世了
Dad is dead.
你看起来累坏了 亲爱的
You look exhausted, dear.
你真的必须睡了
You really must try to get some sleep.
这个时候出租车很少
Taxis’ll be few and far between at this hour…
没错 晚安啦 妈 睡个好觉
Righty-ho. Night night Ma. Sleep well.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, dear.
二十四岁的玛格丽特·罗伯茨小姐
Twenty-four-year-old Miss Margaret Roberts
今天未能竞选成功获得议会席位
lost her bid to win a seat in Parliament today,
但她为达特富德的保守党
but she has put new life
注入了新的活力
into the Dartford Conservative Association.
获胜的候选人道兹先生最好当心
Winning candidate Mr Dodds had better watch out,
这位聪明的年轻女士将紧追不放
this bright young woman is on his tail.

Eat!
太不幸了
Disaster.
等等 等等
Hang on… Hang on…
等等
Hang on
你争取到了多数选民中的数千人 你干得棒极了
You shaved thousands off the majority. You did splendidly.
还不够好
Not splendidly enough.
我明白了
Ah I see.
顾影自怜
Self pity.
没人说你不需要一个安全席位
No one is saying you don’t need a safe seat.
你配得上
You deserve a safe seat.
但它不会自己送上门 除非你学会一点游戏技巧
But it does not come unless you learn to play the game a little.
什么游戏
What game?
你是杂货商的女儿
You are a grocer’s daughter.
-我非常自豪 -在他们眼里
– And proud of being. – in their eyes…
你只是一名杂货商的女儿
A single grocer’s daughter.
但是如果你即将成为
But if you were to become the
温和派成功商人的妻子
wife of a moderately successful businessman,
你肯定能进议会
you’d get to parliament,
而我将成为你获胜的选区里
and I’d get to be the happiest man in…
最快乐的人
in wherever they select you.
玛格丽特 你愿意嫁给我吗
Margaret, will you marry me?
怎么样
Well?
愿意 愿意
Yes. Yes!
怎么了
What?
我是如此地爱你 但是
I love you so much but…
丹尼斯 我永远也不会成为那种
I will never be one of those women, Denis,
挽着丈夫臂弯平和美丽的女人
who stays silent and pretty on the arm of her husband,
或者远离世事独自在厨房♥里
or remote and alone in the kitchen,
做着擦洗家务
doing the washing up for that matter.
-我们可以请人做家务 -不
– We’ll get a help for that. – No…
人的一生必须有意义 丹尼斯
One’s life must matter, Denis.
除了做饭 洗衣服 生孩子
Beyond the cooking and the cleaning and the children,
人的一生必须更有意义
one’s life must mean more than that!
我不想洗一辈子的茶杯
I cannot die washing up a tea cup.
这是我的真心话 丹尼斯
I mean it Denis,
说你明白
say you understand.
这正是我想娶你的原因 亲爱的
That’s why I want to marry you, my dear.
开吃吧
Now eat.
摄于康沃尔 1959年 全家福
我的小心肝们来啦
There they are, my little twins.
马克
Oh, Mark.
康沃尔 是吧 多美
Cornwall, wasn’t it? Bloody hell…
瞧瞧他们 小淘气
Look at them, little imps.
你从没学会打高尔夫 是吧
You never really got golf, did you?
你看起来很高兴
You look happy.
是啊 为什么不呢 你喝太多了
Yes, I do, don’t I? You’re drinking too much.
你在干什么
Whatcha doing?
我可不像你 总留恋过去
Not like you. Looking back.
别什么都想弄清楚 M
Don’t want to dig around too deep, M.
你不知道会发现什么
Don’t know what you might find.
你能倒带 但不能改变过去
You can rewind it, but you can’t change it.
他们这么快就长大了
They grow up so fast.
马克
Mark.
埃里克·迪肯斯先生
Mr.Eric Deakins,
工党 13437票
Labour… 13,437…
伊万·思彭斯先生
Mr.Ivan Spence
自♥由♥党 12260票
Liberal… 12,260
-你当选了 -你当选了
– You won! – You won!
玛格丽特·撒切尔夫人
Mrs.Margret Thatcher

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!