The time has come for others to consider…
让其他人去思考如何应对因忠诚产生的不幸冲突
their own response to the tragic conflict of loyalties…
而我个人已与之搏斗甚久
with which I have myself wrestled for perhaps too long.
杰弗里在下议院的发言是灾难性的
Geoffrey’s speech in the House of Commons was devastating.
他几乎是号♥召其他同僚
He was almost inviting someone
挑战她的党内领导权
to challenge her for leadership of the party.
她太不象话了
She behaved appallingly.
我从来不会和我的要员这样说话
I wouldn’t have spoken to my gamekeeper like that.
我不相信她还能化险为夷
I don’t think she can survive this.
在此我要宣布一个决定
I’m here to announce my decision
我的名字前加上一个头衔保守党领袖
to put my name forward as leader of the Conservative party.
对于我们的首相 玛格丽特·撒切尔
I have nothing but admiration
我唯有赞美
for our Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher,
但我深信
but I believe…
我们的政党和国家需要一位新的领导人
our party and our country need a new leader.
太非同寻常了
It’s extraordinary.
-我才是首相 -保守党的党♥章♥
– I am the Prime Minister. – The rules of the Conservative Party…
使得保守党议员
make it possible for Conservative
有权弹劾现任首相
MP’s to depose a sitting Prime Minister.
亲爱的 给你
Sweetie?
而且已经得到公开支持
And it already has opened support
保守党议员齐聚威斯敏斯特
As Conservative MP’s gather in Westminster to decide…
决定谁会来参加党首竞选
who they will back in the leadership contest,
首相声称
the Prime Minister said…
她不会从危急的国际事务中分身处理内乱
she would not be diverted from critical international affairs.
今晚在巴黎 包括撒切尔夫人在内的
Tonight in Paris Mrs Thatcher is among thirty four world leaders
三十四国首脑欢聚一堂
who came together to
共同庆祝冷战的结束
celebrate the end of the Cold War and herald…
预示着东西联合的新时代的开始
the start of a peaceful new age of East/West cooperation.
大家普遍认为
There’s a general feeling that
撒切尔夫人将在首轮选举中获胜
Mrs Thatcher is going to win on the first ballot.
我们将在明晚对此进行报道
We’re going to put it to bed tomorrow night,
届时竞选团队成员将向我们讲述
is how one of her campaign staff puts it.
M 我真心觉得
M, I really think you
你应该回家保卫自己了 老伴
should come home and defend yourself old girl.
赫塞尔廷的竞选声势很大
Heseltine is campaigning ferociously.
我觉得最好的时光是看到冷战结束
I do think my time is best spent seeing an end to the Cold War…
此后他们知道我的立场是什么
don’t you? After all this time they know what I stand for.
明天过后 她还在台上吗
Will she, or will she not, be in the job tomorrow?
玛格丽特 他们动不了你
Margaret, they can’t touch you.
撒切尔夫人没能
Mrs Thatcher has failed
赢得足够的选票
to win enough votes to secure an outright…
来保证竞选的绝对优势 现在要决定
win in the leadership contest and must now decide…
第二轮竞选仍以她为主
whether to put her name forward for the second round.
撒切尔夫人离开巴黎去伦敦
As Mrs Thatcher leaves Paris
为获取对自己领导的支持
for London to make a last ditch attempt…
做最后的努力
to pull together support for her leadership,
为时已晚
the ship may have sailed.
叛徒
Treachery!
让那个女人领导 没法赢得另一轮选举
We will never win another election led by that woman.
我们需要一个懂得倾听的领导者
We need a leader who listens.
这不是关系到她 而是关系到政党
This isn’t about her, it’s about the party.
识时务者为俊杰
One must know when to go.
问题是我们怎么告诉她
The question is, how does anyone put it to her?
如果你能获胜
If you were to stand, I
我当然会选你 首相
of course would vote for you Prime Minister-
首相 我当然会选你
Prime Minister, of course I would vote for you
但是我认为你不会赢
but I don’t think you can win.
我那些同僚的忠诚度可不能指望
The loyalty of my colleagues cannot be counted upon.
是人♥民♥把我选出来的
It was the people who put me here.
我那些同僚的忠诚度可不能指望
The loyalty of my colleagues cannot be counted upon.
也应该由他们来决定我何时离开
It’s up to them to tell me when to go.
玛格丽特 你不能让他们如此对你
Margaret, you can’t let them do this to you.
求你了
Please, boss.
他们会毁了你的 现在就认输吧
They’ll destroy you. Throw in the towel now, love.
不要让那些狗♥杂♥种♥看你笑话
Don’t let those bastards see you humiliated.
你不会赢了 亲爱的 这次不会了
You just won’t win, darling. Not this time.
丹尼斯
Oh Denis.
我是首相
I am the Prime Minister.
秩序 秩序
Order! Order!
阁下害怕了
The Right Honourable gentleman is afraid!
这是显而易见的 关掉一些煤矿
This is a naked strategy of closing some coal mines…
-再卖♥♥掉变现 -他们信奉罢♥工♥
– and then selling off. – They believe in striking…
-我信奉工作 -就是这个女人
– I believe in working! – This is the woman who’s watched…
眼睁睁地看着十个人在绝食抗♥议♥中饿死
ten men on hunger strike
却毫无畏惧退缩
starve themselves to death and never flinched!
卑鄙
Despicable.
越来越多的私房♥房♥主 股东 存款
More homeowners, more shareholders, more savings…
执政11年半之后
I offer my resignation…
我递交辞呈
after eleven and a half extraordinary years
我很骄傲 当我卸任时
proud to have left Britain in a much better state…
英国比我刚上台时要好
than when we took office.
这是什么
What’s this then?
收音机
A radio…
真有用
How useful.
镇定 MT
Steady, MT.
暨丘吉尔以来最伟大的首相
The greatest Prime Minister since Churchill…
被一群没骨气的侏儒逼下台
deposed by a bunch of spineless pygmies!
这些年做了许多艰难的决定
All those years of taking the tough decisions…
现在看来有意义吗
does any of it matter now?
脑子都进水了
It’s all been turned to mush!
-什么 -这群白♥痴♥
– What? – By these fools!
温室里的左倾分子
These lily-livered pinkos!
-奴颜婢膝 -说得好 优柔寡断
– These inept placators. – Very good! These vacillators.
-优柔寡断 追随民调 -随大流
– Vacillators! Poll takers. – Popularity seekers.
没空把握民众脉搏
It is so busy taking the pulse of the public!
-差劲 -差劲
– Weak. – Is weak.
-差劲 -他们全都差劲
– Weak… – All off them. Weak.
气死我了
Men!
他们不知道 如果你做出艰难的决定
Don’t they know if you take the tough decisions.
是的 人们会恨你一时
Yes, people will hate you
但是会感激你几辈子
today but they’ll thank you for generations.
或者是彻底忘了你 视若粪土
Or forget you entirely and chuck you out with the rubbish!
我只想让世界有一点改变
All I wanted was to make a difference in the world.
你做到了 亲爱的 你做到了
And you did, love, you did.
爸爸生日快乐 我们爱你 马克和卡洛
Happy birthday, daddy. We love you. Mark Carol.
我只想我的孩子健康成长 开开心心
All I wanted was for my children to grow up well and be happy…
比我过得开心
happier than I was certainly.
这些我都留着
I kept all this.
看这个
Oh, yes.
我也想你开心
And I wanted you to be happy of course.
你开心吗 丹尼斯
Were you happy, Denis?
说实话
Tell me the truth.
丹尼斯
Denis?
丹尼斯
Denis?
你的包 都整理收拾好了
Here’s your bag. You’re all packed, sorted.
丹尼斯等等 你的鞋子呢
Denis wait. Where are your shoes?
不 你不能光脚出去
No, you can’t go without shoes!
-别走 -镇定
– Not yet. – Steady.
好的 镇定
Yes. Steady.
-镇定 -镇定
– Steady the buffs. – Steady the buffs.
别走 丹尼斯
No. Not yet. Denis.
等等
Wait…
我还不想让你走
I don’t, I cant. I don’t want you to go yet.
丹尼斯 等等
Denis. Please.
你别走
No, no. You are not.
我不想一个人
I don’t want to be on my own.
你一个人没事 亲爱的 你一直很棒
You’re going to be fine on your own, love. You always have been.
丹尼斯
Denis!
不不不不不
No no no no no…
妈妈