They don’t decide who you are. You do.
这是你自己的选择
You are who you choose to be.
你听到了吗?
Did you hear that?
不,等等
No, wait. Stop!
– 淡定! – 我的天啊!
– It’s okay! – My God!
– 他不会… – 快跑啊,孩子!
– He isn’t gonna… – Run, kid! Run!
不要紧的,他不会…
It’s okay. He isn’t…
不要紧的,他不会伤害我的
It’s okay. He isn’t gonna hurt me.
嘿…
Oh, hey…
不要打扁他,不要
Don’t squash him! No! Don’t…
不要。。
Do not…
打扁他
Squash him.
他叫做狄恩
His name is Dean.
我们喜欢狄恩
We like Dean.
狄恩
Dean.
那么
So…
他是从哪里来的?
Where’d, uh, where’d he come from?
他不记得了
He doesn’t remember.
他就跟小孩子一样
He’s like a little kid.
小…
Little. Yeah.
你能跟他讲话?
Wait a minute. You can talk to him?
他会讲的字不多,但我们沟通良好
Kinda. He can’t say a lot of words yet but he understands things pretty good.
我懂了
Oh, yeah. I see.
他需要食物和躲风避雨的地方
He needs food and shelter.
“37分钟后”
你这里很大,这个地方再理想不过
You got plenty of room here. This place is perfect.
走开
Go away.
我可以叫他把门推倒,你知道的
I can have him push the door down. You know I can.
我不能把它藏在这里
Hogarth. I can’t hide it here.
– 不是它,是他 – 随便啦
– “Him,” not “it.” – Whatever.
你甚至不知道他是从哪里来的
You don’t even know where “he” came from
也不知道他是什么玩意儿
or, or what the hell “he” is!
他是我的朋友
He’s my friend.
那我呢?我也是你的朋友?
Yeah, what am I? Am I your friend?
你带了个太空来的机器人
Bring some Franken-bot with out-of-state plates over here,
就让我改变自己的风格?
make me change my tune.
我不喜欢这件事,天啊,我好累
I don’t like that jazz. God, I’m tired.
他可以留下来罗?
So, he can stay?
今晚可以,明天我就不知道了
Tonight. Tomorrow, I don’t know. I don’t know about tomorrow.
睡个好觉。
Sleep tight.
我明天再来看你
I’ll see you tomorrow.
– 你已经醒了? – 我在铺床
– You’re up already? – Just making the bed.
很好,下来吧,我要给你一个惊喜
That’s nice. Come downstairs. I have a surprise for you.
早安,小子,昨晚睡得好吗?
Morning, sport. Sleep well?
妈…
Mom?
是不是很棒,霍加?我们终于把房♥间租出去了
Isn’t it wonderful, Hogarth? We finally rented our room.
我现在不是很饿
Ugh. I’m not very hungry.
哦,好吧
Oh, yeah.
我是霍加修斯,请问你是哪一位?
Hello, this is Hogarth Hughes speaking. Who’s calling, please?
我说昨晚他可以留在这里
I said he could stay the night, kid.
但现在是早上了
It’s morning now.
我早就想过来了
Look, I’ll try to come over, okay?
但有个怪人在监视我
But there’s this weird guy here who’s watching me.
那是什么意思?
What’s that supposed to mean?
我窗外有一个大铁怪…
I got this big, giant… Giant thing out here.
– 我现在不方便说话,知道吗?再见 – 霍加
– I can’t talk right now, okay? Bye. – Hogarth!
是谁打来的,你朋友吗?
Who was that, sport? Friend of yours?
没错,他是新搬来的
Yeah. He’s, uh, a new kid.
住手…
What… I… Hey, hey! Stop! Stop that! Stop it!
我可以问你几个问题吗,小牛仔?
Hey, mind if I ask you a few questions there, buckaroo?
你为什么跟你妈说,你看到一个大铁人?
Now, why would you tell your mom about a giant robot, slugger?
你在变电所看到了什么?
Say, what’d you see at the power station? Huh, tiger?
你有没有告诉别人?这玩意儿有多大?
You tell anyone else about this, buddy? How big is this thing, ranger?
你最近有没有到过森林里?你要去哪里?
Been in the forest lately? Hey. Where you going?
冠军?王牌?牛仔?你要去哪里?
Champ? Slugger? Hey, cowboy? Where you goin’?
– 你要去哪里? – 我要出去
– Where you goin’? – I’m going out!
你带曼利先生一块儿出去,四处看看吧
Why don’t you take Mr. Mansley with you? Show him the sights.
四处看看?
Oh, Mom, the sights?
我很乐意,这样我们就可以彼此了解一下了
Hey, I’d love that. Give us a chance to get acquainted,
通过交换一些故事
swap some stories, huh, chief?
这里一共有两种不同的金属
There are two kinds of metal in this yard.
废铁和艺术
Scrap and art.
如果你非吃不可的话就吃废铁
If you gotta eat one of them, eat the scrap.
现在在你嘴巴里的东西,是艺术品
What you currently have in your mouth is art!
艺术品?
Art?
算了…
Oh, forget it. Forget it!
毁了…
It’s gone. It’s…
还不错嘛
Hmm. That’s not bad.
先拿一块巧克力,什么巧克力都行
First, you take a chocolate bar. Any bar’ll do.
你是否介意我。。
– Oh. – Do you mind if I, uh…
请便吧,小子
No, knock yourself out, skipper.
把巧克力揉成碎片
You crumble up the chocolate into little pieces.
然后搅进冰激淋去
Then you kind of stir it into the ice cream. See?
我明白。然后你怎么命名这东西?
Yes, I see. What do you call this again?
这叫大地震,很新潮喔
Landslide. It’s new. Very new.
“巧克力口味泻药”
大地震,真好吃
Mmm. Landslide. Topnotch. Mmm.
霍加,这是一个奇怪又美妙的年代
You know, Hogarth, we live in a strange and wondrous time.
是原子时代
The Atomic Age.
但是进步自有其黑暗面,霍加
But there’s a dark side to progress, Hogarth.
你有没有听过苏联人造卫星?
Ever hear of Sputnik?
那是太空中第一枚人造卫星
Yeah, it’s the first satellite in space.
那是外国的人造卫星,而这意味着
Foreign satellite, Hogarth, and all that that implies.
即使现在,它也在上空轨道。
Even now, it orbits overhead.
Boop. Boop.
监视我们
Watching us.
我们看不到它,但它在那里
We can’t see it, but it’s there.
就像是森林里,那个庞然巨物一样
Much like that giant thing in the woods.
我们不知道它是什么,也不知道它有多大威力
We don’t know what it is or what it can do.
我觉得没有安全感,霍加?
I don’t feel safe, Hogarth.
– 你呢? – 你在说什么?
– Do you? – What are you talking about?
我在说什么?
What am I talking about? What am I talking about?
我说的是你已经陷入险境
I’m talking about your goldarned security, Hogarth!
当你穿着睡衣呼呼大睡时
While you’re snoozing in your little jammies,
我们在华盛顿,却担心得睡不着觉
back in Washington, we’re wide-awake and worried. Why?
为什么?因为每一个人都对我们的一切虎视眈眈!每一个人
Because everyone wants what we have, Hogarth! Everyone!
你觉得这个铁人很有趣,但有没有想过是谁做的?
You think this metal man is fun. But who built it?
俄♥国♥人?中国人?火星人?还是加拿大人?我不在乎
The Russians? The Chinese? Martians? Canadians? I don’t care!
我只知道这玩意儿,不是我们做的,光凭这点
All I know is, we didn’t build it, and that’s reason enough
就可以把它炸到九宵云外
to assume the worst and blow it to kingdom come!
你要把它的事情告诉我,要带我去找它
Now, you’re going to tell me about this thing. You’re gonna lead me to it.
然后咱们要先下手为强,把它毁掉
And we are going to destroy it before it destroys us!
你好好想想我说的话,别乱跑
Just hold that thought and stay right there.
Oh-oh.
再低一点…
Little lower. Little bit lower…
我想你遇到了点麻烦
Hey. I thought you were in trouble.
那样不行,高一点
That sucks. Let me just… Up a little.
我得想尽办法甩掉那个住在我们的怪人
I had to ditch this weird guy who’s staying at our house.
我花了好几个小时才摆脱他
It took me hours to shake him!
为了到这里来,我简直是拼了命了
I kill myself to get out here!
而你在让他…制♥作♥工艺品?
And you have him doing… Arts and crafts!
你对工艺品有意见吗,小痞子?
You got a problem with arts and crafts, little man?
他是个巨型机器人,狄恩,做这种事有损尊严
He’s a giant robot, Dean. It’s a little undignified.
是吗?要不然你想叫他做什么?
Yeah? Well, smart guy, what would you have him do?
主系统开启,主引擎
Main systems on. Main engines.
1,2,3
One, two and three.
所有的系统都已准备就绪 5,4,3,2,1
All systems go. Five, four, three two, one!
发射
Blast off!
我们要降落了
We’re landing. We’re landing!
我们要降落了
We’re landing!
你们能不能不这么疯狂
Say, can you guys cool yourselves a little?
我觉得咱们好像有点太过份了
I feel like we’re pressing our luck here.
宝贝,谁说我们不酷的