喂
Hello.
我的朋友 你好吗
Hiya, my friend. How are you?
我找来了我跟你说过的那个年轻人
Listen, I got that kid I was talking to you about here.
我让他接电♥话♥ 你跟他说 好吗
I’m gonna put him on the phone, let you talk to him, okay?
好的
All right.
你好
Hello.
-是弗兰克吧 -是我
– Is that Frank? – Yes.
弗兰克你好 我是吉米·霍法
Hiya, Frank. This is Jimmy Hoffa.
你好 很高兴认识你
Yeah, yeah. Glad to meet you.
我也很高兴认识你 虽然是在电♥话♥上
Well, glad to meet you, too, even if it’s over the phone.
听说你刷房♥子
I heard you paint houses.
是的 先生 是的
Yes. Yes, sir, I… I do. I do.
我还
And I, uh…
自己做木工
I also do my own carpentry.
很高兴你这么说
I’m glad to hear that.
听说你是工会的兄弟
I understand you’re a brother of mine.
是的 先生 从1947年就在107号♥地方工会了
Yes, sir. Local 107. Since 1947.
是吧
Yeah! You know, uh,
我们的朋友对你评价非常高
our friend speaks very highly of you.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
-他这个人要求可不低 -我尽力而为
– He’s not an easy man to please. – Well, I do my best.
有这么个情况
Well, you know, there’s a situation…
如今 年轻人不知道吉米·霍法是谁
Nowadays, young people, they don’t know who Jimmy Hoffa was.
他们完全没概念
They don’t have a clue.
他们可能知道他消失了什么的
I mean, maybe they know that he disappeared or something,
但仅此而已
but that’s about it.
可在当时 全国上下
But back then, there wasn’t nobody in this country
吉米·霍法
没人不知道吉米·霍法是谁
who didn’t know who Jimmy Hoffa was.
上帝保佑 吉米
God bless, Jimmy.
你做的一切 你是个真正的绅士
Everything you’ve done, you’re a real gentleman.
很好
That’s good.
50年代的时候 他和猫王一样受欢迎
In the ’50s, he was as big as Elvis.
60年代的时候 他和披头士一样受欢迎
In the ’60s, he was like the Beatles.
除了总统以外
Next to the president,
他是国内最有权力的人 无人可及
he was like the most powerful man in the country. Bar none.
你如果买♥♥东西
If you got it,
卡车会把东西送过去
a truck brought it to you.
卡车司机工会
如果你买♥♥食物 衣服
If you got your food, your clothing,
药物 家用燃料
your medicine, if you got fuel for your homes,
工业用燃料
fuel for your industries,
卡车会把东西送去给他们
a truck brought it to them!
我们卡车停下的那天
The day our trucks stop,
就是美国停下的那天
America stops!
现在出了点状况 弗兰克
Well, there’s a situation going on now, Frank,
需要处理
that needs to be attended to.
他们想分♥裂♥工会
You know, they’re trying to tear the union apart.
大公♥司♥和政♥府♥联手
Big business and the government working together,
想要拉我们下马
trying to pull us down.
大公♥司♥在进攻
Big business is on the attack!
他们来了 来势汹汹
They’re coming! They’re coming hard
长驱直入
and they’re coming fast!
大公♥司♥和政♥府♥
Big business and the government
想要在我们的阶层里埋下异议的种子
are trying to sow the seeds of dissent among our ranks,
而此时我们正需要联合
at a time when we need unity!
我们需要团结
We need solidarity!
我想把这话写在空中
I want to write it in the sky.
团结
Solidarity!
团结
Solidarity!
团结
Solidarity!
你想加入这场战斗吗
You wanna be a part of this fight?
是的 先生
Yes, I do, sir.
你想成为这历史的一部分吗
Would you like to be a part of this history?
是的 我想
Yes, I would.
无论你需要我做什么 我都随叫随到
Whatever you need me to do, I’m available.
你明天能来芝加哥吗
Can you come to Chicago tomorrow?
可以 先生
Yes, I can, sir.
那好 到时见
All right, then. See you then.
-他喜欢说话 对吗 -是的
– He likes to talk, don’t he? – Yeah.
还以为我是在跟巴顿将军说话
Thought I was talking to General Patton.
弗兰克 你过来的唯一原因是
You know, Frank, the only reason why you’re here,
海员工会 他们想和我们一样
the Seafarers Union, they’re signing up
俄♥罗♥斯♥人和土耳其人浴室
签约非工会的
the same non-union cab drivers
出租车司机
as we want to do.
没人知道你是谁
Nobody knows who you are
没人知道你在这做什么 好吗
and nobody knows what the fuck you’re doing here. Okay?
-嗯 -只有你我知道你为何来此
– Yeah. – You and I know why you’re here.
我们得签约这些司机
We gotta be able to sign these drivers up
这样保罗·霍尔的工会就签约不了他们
so Paul Hall doesn’t get ’em for his fucking union.
不知为何 女同性恋
For some reason, lesbians.
这些司机大多都是该死的女同性恋
Most of these drivers are fucking lesbians.
我不知道为什么
I have no reason why.
保罗·霍尔四处宣传
Paul Hall’s running around
说他可以比我们的哥们吉米
saying that he’s gonna get a better contract
提供一份更好的合同
than our boy fucking Jimmy.
他就是个狗♥杂♥种♥
He’s a cocksucker. Yeah.
吉米收买♥♥了戴利市长
Jimmy has Mayor fucking Daley in his pocket.
我们做什么警♥察♥都不会管
The cops are okay with whatever the fuck we do.
他们不会帮我们把车推下水
They’re not gonna help us push these cars in,
但他们也绝对不会让任何人阻止我们
but they certainly are not gonna let anybody fucking stop us.
懂吗
Okay?
用力 大伙儿用力
Come on! All of you guys. Come on!
把车子推下去 小心点
Let’s get this fucking thing in there. Watch yourself!
太费劲了
This is a lot of work.
你有想过用糖果吗
Yeah, you ever think of using candy?
-什么 -糖果
– What? – Candy.
糖果是什么鬼
What the fuck is candy?
炸♥药♥ 轻拿轻放
卢 把门打开
Hey, Lou, open the fucking gate.
知道 知道
I got it. I got it.
来 你把汽油拿着
Here, you take the gas.
弗兰克 吉米有个特点
Frank, there’s one thing about Jimmy.
他不喜欢等人
Don’t ever make him wait.
如果你和他约好见面 你一定要准时到场
If you make a meeting with him, you get there on time.
最好是提前到
Better yet, get there early.
我必须强调这一点
I can’t stress this enough.
他觉得时间很可贵
His problem is that time is of essence.
这是最重要的
And that’s the important thing.
我还要跟你说件事 吉米不喝酒
I gotta tell you one more thing. Jimmy doesn’t drink.
是的 世界上最大的货运工会的老大
Yeah. The head of the largest trucking union in the world,
他不喝酒
he don’t drink.
这事最糟的地方在于
The worst part about it is,
他不允许别人在他身边喝酒
he doesn’t allow anybody to drink around him.
还有件事
Another thing about him,
吉米讨厌西瓜
Jimmy hates fucking watermelon.
但我们喜欢西瓜
But we’re gonna like watermelon.
吉米 你当时真该去看看
Jimmy, you shoulda seen it,
慢慢沉下水
sinking in the water.
一辆接一辆 我敢打赌 等他们隔天醒来
One by one. I bet you, when they woke up the next morning,
那些该死的出租车司机
those fucking cab drivers,
他们去找自己的出租车
they went to look for their cabs,
他们根本不知道发生了什么
they didn’t know what the fuck hit ’em.
真是个好主意 乔伊
That’s a great idea, Joey.
好主意
Great idea.
不是我想出来的
Well, it wasn’t my idea.
我哥们弗兰克 是他的主意
My man Frank. It was his idea.
我跟你说
Let me tell you something.
弗兰克去了码头 他接管了码头
Frank hit that pier, he took over the pier.
不管他叫他们做什么 不管他说什么
Whatever he told them to do, whatever he said,
他们都照做
they did it, you know.