你不喜欢吗
You do not like it?
不是
No.
我喜欢
I like it.
非常喜欢
I like it very much.
-威尔基觉得结尾得改一下 -不要改
– Wilkie thinks I should change the ending. – No, you must not.
艾斯黛拉和皮普最后人在一起
To bring Estella and Pip
心却不在一起
together at the end but not to unite them.
-她改变了 这就够了吗 -对
– She is changed. That is enough? – Yes.
结尾虽然是悲剧 可艾斯黛拉找到了自我
It is a sad ending, but Estella finds her heart.
-她终于理解了自己 -没错
– She finds an understanding at last. – Exactly.
而且有时候
And at times…
皮普并不是英雄
Pip is not heroic.
他也爱慕虚荣
He is filled with the vanities,
也有野心 有常人的缺点
the ambitions, the flaws in all of us.
是的
Yes.
我知道我做了什么
I know what I have done,
可我不能继续下去 我的心…
but to stay as it was, I cannot when my heart…
内莉
Nelly.
前面几章里 皮普说
In an earlier chapter, Pip said,
“你已经成了我的一部分”
“You are part of my existence, part of myself.”
我记得
I remember.
“你就在我读的每一句诗里
“You have been in every line I have ever read.
“你在我能看到的所有事物里
“You have been in every prospect I have ever seen,
“在河上 船帆上
“on the river, on the sails of the ships,
“沼泽里 云彩中 光线中
“on the marshes, in the clouds, in the light,
“黑暗里 在风中
“in the darkness, in the wind,
丛林里 大海中 街道上
in the woods, in the sea, in the streets.
“我脑海中美妙的幻想
“You have been the embodiment of every graceful fancy
“都有你的身影存在
“that my mind has ever become acquainted with.
“艾斯黛拉
“Estella.
“哪怕我行将就木
“To the last hour of my life,
“你都是我的一部分
“you cannot choose but remain part of my character.
“我的好中有你
“Part of the little good in me.
“坏里也有你”
“Part of the evil.”
我们远走高飞吧
Let us go away.
“凑过来 贴近我的脸
“Now, touch my face with yours
“只怕你回来时我已无力探头
“in case I should not hold out till you come back.
“我爱你 莫提默
“I love you, Mortimer.
“是她发现的
“The discovery was hers.
“尤金 我离开后
“Observe, my dear Eugene,
“请用心观察
“while I am away,
你会发现我的信誉已然透♥支♥”
you will know that I have discharged my trust…”
“亲爱的约翰 等你发现了
“…so much, John dear, and since you do,
“很抱歉 这些鞋子都太大了
“I am sorry that these shoes are a full size too large.
“但我真的不想坐马车
“But I don’t want a carriage, believe me.”.
接下来我要去50个读书会
I have agreed to 50 more readings.
在曼彻斯特 格拉斯哥和都柏林
In Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin.
还有人邀请我去巴黎读
And I’ve been asked to give a reading in Paris.
-我跟你一起吗 -这个嘛
– Shall I come with you? – Well…
有人说闲话了 内莉
There are whisperings, Nelly.
-在哪 -在巴黎
– Where? – In Paris.
既然巴黎有了 伦敦也快了
And if they’re in Paris, then they will soon be in London.
那样我就毁了
I’ve been out of circulation.
那你去吧
Then you must go.
嗯 这就是我的生活
Yes. It is what I am.
不 还是不去了
No, I shall not go.
-还是去吧 -不不不
– No, you shall. – No, no, no.
-我决定了 不去了 -去吧
– My mind is made up. I shall not go. – No, you will.
抱歉 夫人 没看到您
Sorry, ma’am. I didn’t see you there.
没事的 玛丽
It is quite all right, Mary.
我来吧
I will do it.
还有别的事吗 夫人
Is there anything else, ma’am?
客人们马上到
The guests will be arriving shortly.
没了 谢谢你 玛丽
That is everything. Thank you, Mary.
崔汉姆先生 我很抱歉
即便胎儿发育良好 这种事也会发生
请签个名吧
一定要签
会安葬他吗
当然
死亡证明
冰缘
内莉 钥匙你留在桌上了吗
Nelly, have you left the keys on the table?
有家英国人要来过冬
I believe an English family wish to take the house for the winter.
内莉
Nelly?
说句话
Say something.
说句话啊
Say something!
要赶不上火车了
We shall miss our train.
来自法国的旅客 这趟列车去伦敦
All passengers arrived from France. This train for London.
咱们是最后一个隔间
I think we’re in the last compartment here.
-是狄更斯先生 -谢谢 我们就在这
– It’s Mr. Dickens. – Thank you. We’re in here, I think.
狄更斯先生
Mr. Dickens, sir.
我妻子说她应该嫁给洛克史密斯 然后结束
My wife says she should marry Rokesmith and be done.
-下一章我就这么写 -我会转告她的
– Perhaps the next chapter. – I’ll tell her.
给你的 非常感谢
That’s for you. Thank you very much.
谢谢
Thank you.
睡吧 内莉 醒了我们就到家了
Sleep, Nelly, and when you wake, we shall be home.
先生们 谁来把这车厢打开
Gentlemen, please. Someone open these carriages here.
你妻子呢 还有人在里面吗
And your wife? Is anyone else in this carriage?
不好意思
Excuse me.
-救命 -这边
– Help! – Over here!
-救救他们 都受伤了 -救命
– Please, they are hurt. – Help!
-别用这条腿承重 -先生
– Take the weight on your other leg. – Sir?
先生
Sir?
我们希望没有大碍的旅客
We’re asking everyone able-bodied
能去帮助受重伤的旅客
if they could help with the most injured.
每一份帮助都至关重要
We need all the hands we can get.
内莉
Nelly.
内莉
Nelly.
先生
Sir?
不好意思 先生 能来帮我吗
Excuse me, sir. Could you come and assist me?
-是狄更斯先生吗 -是的
– Is it Mr. Dickens, sir? – Yes.
-您一个人吗 -去吧
– Were you traveling alone, sir? – Go.
狄更斯先生
Mr. Dickens.
-您一个人吗 -去吧
– Were you traveling alone? – Go.
快去
Go. Go.
-先生 -是的 一个人
– Sir? – Yes, quite alone.
这位女士需要帮助
This woman is in need of assistance.
我们要先救助重伤员
We are dealing with the most injured first.
等我有时间就去 先救这位女士
Yes, I’ll do what I can, but you must attend to this young woman.
我找位女士来帮助她吧
Madam, I will get one of these ladies to attend to you.
好了女士们 先生 跟我走
Ladies, please. This way, sir.
-我们来照顾她 -务必照顾好
– Yes, we’re with her. – Please, will you attend to her?
-我们来照顾 -我这有白兰地
– We’re with her. – I have brandy here.
-先生 -别担心 待在这
– Sir? – Don’t worry. Stay here.
看还有谁在里面
Check who’s inside.
先生 用力按住 这样才能止血
Sir, press down as hard as you can to stop the blood flow.
先生 这有白兰地
Sir, this is brandy.
我们尽快找人来救你
We will find assistance for you as soon as possible.
乘务员 得把乘客都放出来
Porter, we need to release all passengers
好让他们救助伤员
from the train above so they may help with the injured.
已无大碍的先生们 请到这棵树下
All able-bodied gentlemen, bring their hats to this tree.
艾伦·特南
Ellen Ternan?
是的
Yes.
是我的名字
That was my name.
你一直知道吗
You have always known this?
只是怀疑
Suspected.
你说过的话
Things you said.
发表的评论
Comments.
你对狄更斯的记忆不是小时候的
Memories of Mr. Dickens that were not a child’s memories.
我见过他读书
I saw him read once.
非常神奇
It was magical.
让人以为他不只是作家和演员
One forgets that he was more than writer, more than actor.
我曾终日沉迷他的小说
I have lived my life in the pages of those novels.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!