你一直很慷慨
You have been generous.
也许对我家太过慷慨了
Some might say too generous to my family.
可没想到你要我做你的情妇
But I did not realize that I was to be your whore.
内莉
Nelly.
内莉
Nelly.
你误会了
Nelly, it was a mistake.
-是你叫凯瑟琳来的吗 -是
– Did you send Catherine to me? – Yes.
她是你孩子的母亲
She is the mother of your children.
你怎么能这么残忍♥
How could you be so cruel to her?
我的确感激她 可我不爱她
And for that, I shall always be grateful, but I do not love her.
她什么都不懂
She comprehends nothing.
什么都看不到
She sees nothing.
我以为她见了你
I thought if she saw you,
就会明白我根本不爱她
then she would understand that I have nothing with her.
-我让她见识一下 -见识什么
– I wanted her to see it. -“It” ?
要她见什么 查尔斯
What is “It,” Charles?
我们之间有什么
What is it that we are?
你妻子问我喜不喜欢你
When your wife asked me if I was fond of you,
我都不敢说实话
I could not honestly reply.
我想说不喜欢
I wanted to say no!
需要帮忙吗 先生
Can I be of assistance, sir?
这位女士找您麻烦了吗
Is this young lady troubling you, sir?
谢谢 没事的 都很好
Thank you. She is not troubling me at all. All is well.
很好 晚安 先生
Very good. Good night, sir.
内莉
Nelly?
内莉
Nelly.
我能进去吗
May I come in?
内莉
Nelly.
我曾经从奥德维奇走到海格特墓地
I used to walk from the Aldwych to Highgate,
再走回西敏寺 再去米尔班克
then back to Westminster, then on to Millbank.
你骨子里就是伦敦人
You’ve London in your blood.
是啊 我走得很快
I do. I walk at quite a pace.
-日安 -日安
– Good day. – Good day.
然后再走到普特尼
And I’d walk to Putney and…
-我走过了 -是啊
– I’ve done that walk. – Yes.
你不相信我吗
You don’t believe me?
父亲
Father.
查理
Charley.
你在这做什么
What are you doing here?
赶上早班车的时候我就从这走
I walk this way if I’ve taken an earlier train.
还记得艾伦小姐吧
You remember Miss Ellen?
当然
Of course.
查理 你真精神
Charley, you look well.
是的 谢谢你 特南小姐
I am quite well. Thank you, Miss Ternan.
查理在城里工作
Charley is working in the city.
-真厉害 -算不上
– How clever. – Not really.
是父亲的朋友
It’s a friend of Father’s.
我还留着你帮我捡的手套
I still have the glove which you rescued for me.
我可不舍得丢掉
I would have been most unhappy to have lost it.
那副手套我最喜欢了
They’re my favorite pair.
肯定会有更喜欢的
I am sure you would have found another.
-我要迟到了 -好的
– Well, I am already late… – Yes, yes.
父亲
Father.
您回家吗
Will we see you at home?

Yes.
日安 查理
Good day, Charley.
查理
Charley.
怎么了
What is it?
《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》登了封信
It’s a letter in The Times.
父亲写的
It’s from Father.
我看不清
I can’t read it.
你帮我读吧
Would you read it?
读给我听
Read it to me.
“我家里有些麻烦事
“There is some domestic trouble of mine,
“已经很久了
“longstanding,
“我不会再谈及此事
“on which I will make no further remark,
因为极其私密
it being of a sacredly private nature.
“然而
“However,
“最近的一件事又触及到了这个秘密
“it has lately been brought to an arrangement
“本来此事极为正常 我并无恶意
“which involves no anger or ill will of any kind.
“我的妻子 凯瑟琳和我决定分居
“My wife, Catherine, and I have decided to separate.
“此事的前因后果
“The whole origin, progress and surrounding circumstances
“我的儿女全部知晓
“have been throughout within the knowledge of my children.
“此事经过深思熟虑
“It is amicably composed,
“个中细节
“and its details have now
早已被我家人遗忘
but to be forgotten by those concerned in it.
“我在此郑重声明 近期
“I most solemnly declare that all the lately whispered rumors
“有关我与一位年轻女性
“touching upon my association
交往甚密的谣言纯属捏造
with a certain young lady are abominably false.
“我以荣誉起誓
“Upon my soul and honor,
“这位女士至真至纯
“there is no one on earth more
守身如玉 毫无污点
virtuous and spotless than this young creature.
“此后 若再有人
“And whoever says otherwise, after this denial,
“质疑此位女士的品行
“will lie as willfully and as foully as it is possible
“即是撒下弥天大谎 天理难容”
“for any false witness to lie before heaven and earth.”
谢谢
Thank you.
他是个有荣誉感的人
He’s an honorable man.
而你 内莉 是位貌美
And you, Nelly, are a beautiful…
-母亲 -聪明 优秀的年轻女士
– Mother. -…clever, wonderful young woman.
-可他不能娶我 -是
– But he cannot marry me. – No.
不能
He cannot.
可我也结过婚
But I have been married,
婚姻有时也会寂寞难耐
and it is at times the loneliest place.
我该怎么办
What do I do?
月底我和范妮动身去意大利
Fanny and I leave for Italy at the end of the month.
你不能一起去
You could come with us.
我可以安排你晚走 很容易
I can arrange a passage. It’s easily done.
他把所有信件都烧了 内莉 听我说
He’s burnt a lifetime’s correspondence, Nelly. Nelly, listen.
他甚至要求我烧掉我俩之间的书信
He’s even asked me to burn all our correspondence.
他已经有点疯狂了
There is an insanity to his behavior.
他没疯 他是心急如焚
No, he’s not insane. He’s distraught.
-我就不急吗 -你有得选
– And I am not? – You have a choice.
你可以与他保持距离
You can distance yourself from him.
你可以过上新生活 不同的生活
You could find a new life, a different life.
不同的生活
A different life?
哪来的不同
What different life?
我有什么日子可过
What life is there for me?
他是个好人
He is a good man…
尽力想做好人
Trying to be a good man.
但他是个伟大的人
But he is a great man.
你理解他 内莉
You see him, Nelly.
我见过你俩一起 你理解他 他理解你
I watch you together. You see him, he sees you.
有这种知己 夫复何求
What more does one want in life?
-威尔基 -来了
– Wilkie. – I’m coming.
我们要打破陈规
We have to break these conventions.
彻底粉碎
Smash them up.
我们是先驱
We’re the pioneers.
先驱
Pioneers?
你们男人只考虑自己的生活 让我们苦等
You men, you live your lives while it is we who have to wait.
你们有自♥由♥ 我却没有
You see a freedom which I do not see.
威尔基
Wilkie.
不给她讲故事 小管家睡不着
The Butler will not sleep if I don’t read to her.
我俩的谣言已经传开了
My name is whispered with yours.
可我什么都没有
Yet I have nothing.
内莉
Nelly.
-我并不后悔 -查尔斯
– I have no regrets. – Charles…
我打破了之前的枷锁
I have broken something which needed breaking.
-已经完事了 -是结束了
– I have finished it. – Yes, it is finished.
不不不 我是说书
No, no, no. The book.
书我已经写完了 给你
I have finished the book. Here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!