How do we fix this?
我们如何解决这个问题?
He was, in my humble opinion, one of the true extraordinary revolutionaries
依我个人而见,他是这个国家所产生的真正的非凡的革命者
that this country has produced.
真正的非凡的革命者
I don’t know whether Aaron was defeated or victorious,
我并不知道Aaron是被打败的还是胜利的
but we are certainly shaped by the hand of the things that he wrestled with.
但我们已经被他为之拼搏的东西所塑造
When we turn armed agents of the law on citizens trying to increase access to knowledge,
当我们变成法律的代理人,以公民的角度试着去获取知识
we’ve broken the rule of law–we’ve desecrated the temple of justice.
我们已经违反了法律——并且我们已经亵渎了神殿上的正义
Aaron Swartz was not a criminal.
亚伦·斯沃茨不是犯罪者
[applause]
Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability,
改变并不是历史的必然
it comes through continuous struggle.
它要通过连续的斗争
Aaron really could do magic,
Aaron真的能够施展魔法
and I’m dedicated to making sure that his magic doesn’t end with his death.
并且我致力于去保证他的魔法不会随着他的死亡而结束
He believed that he could change the world, and he was right.
他认为他可以改变世界,他的确是对的
Out of the last week, and out of today, phoenixes are already rising.
上个礼拜过去了,今天过去了,凤♥凰♥已经涅磐!
[applause]
Since Swartz’s death, Representative Zoe Lofgren and Senator Ron Wyden
斯沃茨去世后,Zoe Lofgren Sen. Ron Wyden
have introduced legislation that would reform the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act–
已经提出了将要改变的反滥用计算机欺诈法案
the outdated law that formed the majority of the charges against Swartz.
过时的法律形成对斯沃茨大部分的指控
It’s called “Aaron’s Law”.
它被称作,“Aaron的法律”
Aaron believed that you literally ought to be asking yourself all of the time:
亚伦认为,你应该一遍又一遍问你自己
What is the most important thing I could be working on in the world right now?
在这个世界上,我能立马做的最重要的事是什么?
And if you’re not working on that, why aren’t you?
你为什么不去做这件事?
[Protesters] This is what democracy looks like!
【抗♥议♥者】这就是所谓的民♥主♥!
[crowd chants] We are the people too!
【人们的呼声】我们也是公民
Internet freedom’s under attack, what do we do?
互联网自♥由♥被侵犯,我们该做什么?
Stand up, fight back!
站起来,斗争!
Internet freedom’s under attack, what do we do?
互联网自♥由♥被侵犯,我们该做什么?
Hey, hey! Ho, ho! NROC has got to go!
嗨,嗨,NROC必须得走!
I wish we could change the past, but we cannot.
我希望我们能改变过去,但是我们不能
But we can change the future and we must.
但是我们可以改变未来,我们必须这么做
We must do so for Aaron, we must do so for ourselves.
为了亚伦,为了我们自己
We must do so to make our world a better place, a more humane place,
必须让世界变得更好,更人性化
a place where justice works, and access to knowledge becomes a human right. [applause]
变成一个正义公正、人们有权获取知识的世界
So there was a kid, back in February, from Baltimore, fourteen years old,
在2月份,就有一个巴尔摩的的14岁孩子
who had access to JSTOR, and he’d been spelunking through JSTOR after reading something,
他能使用JSTOR,
and he figured out a way to do early tests for pancreatic cancer,
他找到一种检测胰腺癌早期的方法
and pancreatic cancer kills the shit out of you because we detect it way too late
因为发现得太晚,胰腺癌很容易致命
by the time we detect it, it’s already too late to do anything about it,
等我们发现它,做什么都迟了
and he sent emails off to the entire oncology department at Johns Hopkins,
他发邮件给霍普金斯大学医院的整个肿瘤系
you know hundreds of them, and every–
– [Interviewer] Did you say fourteen years old?
你知道的,他们几百号♥人,每个人都……——你是说一个14岁的孩子?
– Fourteen-year-old kid, yeah, and most of them ignored it but one of them sent him an email back,
是的,14岁大的孩子,大部分人无视了他的邮件,但有一个人给他回信了
and said this is not an entirely stupid idea, why don’t you come on over?
信中说:”这不完全是个无理的想法,你为什么不来我这呢?”
This kid worked evenings and weekends with this researcher, and in February I heard him on the news
这个孩子晚上和周末都去和那个研究者工作,在二月份我就从新闻上听到
just a couple of weeks after Aaron died, when Aaron was in the news a lot..
就在亚伦死后两周,当亚伦在新闻中……
Sorry…
不好意思……
and he said the reason he was on the news was ’cause they’d done it. They were shipping
那个孩子说他自己能出现在新闻里是因为他们所做的那些
an early test for pancreatic cancer that was going to save lives,
他们正在研究检测早期胰腺癌的方法,而这能就人命
and he said, “This is why what Aaron did was so important.”
他说;”这就是问什么亚伦所做的如此重要。”
Because you never know, right? This truth of the universe is not only something
你从来就不知道,对吧?宇宙的真理不是政策制定者
that policymakers use to figure out, you know, what the speed limit should be.
运用出来的东西,你知道极限应该是什么的。
It’s where the thing that’s gonna keep your kid from dying of pancreatic cancer comes from,
这能让你的孩子免死于胰腺癌
and without access, the person who might come up with the thing that’s got your number on it,
不能开放获取的话,提出这个东西的人
may never find that answer.
可能永远都找不到答案。
He sleeped so well, he didn’t fall out of [baby talk], not even when he dreamed he was back on the spacecraft.
他睡得多好,甚至当他梦到自己回到他的宇宙飞船中也不会梦呓
[Aaron’s dad] Very good, Aaron. Very good. Yay, Aaron!
很好,亚伦,非常不错!亚伦!
Okay, now it’s song time.
现在是音乐播放时间
♪ ♪ ♪
AARON SWARTZ, 1986-2013
[credits]
[the end]

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!