但是 迈尔斯少爷想和昆特一起没什么不对
But there was nothing wrong in Master Miles wanting to be with Quint.
昆特教他骑马 带他去散步
Quint taught him to ride and took him walking.
-那个可怜的孩子需要有人…-带坏他
-The poor lad needed someone… -To corrupt him?
但迈尔斯少爷是个好孩子 小姐
But Master Miles is a good boy, miss.
-他可没坏心 -除非他骗我们
-There’s nothing wicked in him. -Unless he’s deceiving us.
除非他们都骗我们
Unless they’re both deceiving us.
-无辜的人 -他们是无辜的 小姐
-The innocents. -Innocents, they are, miss.
这不公平 你没有权利指责他们…
It’s not fair. You have no right to accuse them…
原谅我 格罗斯太太 我不是指责
Forgive me, Mrs Grose. I’m not accusing,
只想理出头绪 以便理解
I’m just trying to put it together, to understand.
告诉我 孩子们开心吗
Tell me, were the children happy?
他们看起来是的 就像现在一样
They seemed to be, the same as now.
但有时候 我也怀疑他们是否真的关心那两个人
But sometimes I used to wonder if they really cared for them, those two.
或者他们只是利用他们
Or if they weren’t just using them.
利用他们
Using them?
是的 他们当然是
Yes, of course they were,
现在还是
and still are.
最后 杰茜尔小姐怎么了
And in the end, what happened to her, Miss Jessel?
很可怜
Oh, that was pitiful.
找到昆特的时候 她痛不欲生
When Quint was found, she went into blackest mourning.
她本应该憎恨这个男人
Her that should have hated the man.
她很伤心 直到发疯了
She grieved till there was something crazy in her eyes.
不睡觉 也不吃东西
Never slept, never ate.
我听到她在整个房♥子里徘徊 啜泣
I used to hear her wandering about all over the house, sobbing.
不能再这样下去了
It couldn’t go on.
最终 她死了
Finally, she died.
这里 在布莱 但是 她怎么死的
Here? At Bly? But of what did she die?
我猜你会说她死于心碎
I suppose you might say a broken heart.
打扰一下 小姐 他们上♥床♥了
Excuse me, miss. They’re in bed.
擦干净等你听他们祷告
All scrubbed and waiting for you to hear their prayer.
谢谢你 安娜 我马上上楼
Thank you, Anna. I shall be up in a moment.
我走之前还有一件事
One thing more before I go.
-什么事 -我们当地的牧师为人如何
-Yes? -Our local vicar, what sort of man is he?
芬尼尔牧师 他是个很好的绅士 小姐
The Reverend Fennell? Oh, he’s a very fine sort of gentleman, miss.
但是 小姐 我不能那样做
Oh, but, miss, I wouldn’t do that.
如果你能把我们讨论的事
I mean, if you were thinking of discussing with the vicar
告诉牧师的话
what we’ve been discussing,
我不能那样做
I wouldn’t, miss.
-为什么不行 -因为
-Why not? -Well,
那会招致流言蜚语
it might cause talk, a scandal.
我们现在不有比流言蜚语更糟糕的吗
Haven’t we worse to fear than a scandal?
但是 告诉牧师我们的秘密有什么好处
But what good would it do, miss, telling the vicar our secrets?
他帮不了我们
He can’t help us.
他有可能是唯一能帮我们的人
He’s perhaps the only one who can.
但是 告诉牧师我们的秘密 有什么好处
But what good would it do, miss, telling the vicar our secrets?
他帮不了我们
He can’t help us.
只是记住 你拥有最高的权利
Only, remember, you are in supreme authority.
嘘 弗洛拉 这是个秘密
Sh, Flora! It’s a secret.
你必须记住 这是个秘密
You must remember, it’s a secret.
看着她
Watch her.
看着她
Watch her.
弗洛拉 这是个秘密 秘密…
Flora, it’s a secret…
是个秘密 秘密…
It’s a secret… A secret…
我下定决心了
I’ve made up my mind.
去过教堂后
Right after church,
我就搭下一趟火车去伦敦见他们叔叔
I shall take the next train to London and see their uncle.
-他肯定回来了 -但为什么 小姐 现在
-He must have returned. -But why, miss? Why now?
因为我…我们迫切需要帮助
Because I… We can go on no longer without help.
我知道你厌倦担惊受怕了 但是 除了有些时候
I know you’re almost sick with worry, but, except for odd times,
他们没什么不对劲
you can’t say the children haven’t been good.
但他们不乖 仅是容易相处
But they haven’t been good, merely easy to live with.
因为他们没和我们一起生活
Because they are not living with us.
我们在他们真实生活里没位置
We have no part in their real life.
亲爱的格罗斯太太
Dear Mrs Grose,
我知道你是很难去认为孩子们有问题的
I know it’s hard for you to think wrong of those children.
但是 有一些事情 我还没有告诉你
But there are things that I haven’t told you,
我甚至没法告诉你
that I can’t bring myself to tell even you.
看他们
Look at them.
你想他们在说什么
What do you think they’re saying?
我不知道 小姐 只是孩子们的谈话
Well, I don’t know, miss, just children’s talk.
他们谈论他们了
They’re talking about them.
谈论恐怖的事
Talking horrors.
到目前为止 那些怪物还保持距离
So far, these monsters have kept their distance,
只是在高处观看
only been seen in high places,
通过窗户 湖
through windows, across the lake.
但是他们越来越近了 如果他们要…
But they intend coming closer. And if they do…
-你要告诉老爷什么 -我能告诉他什么呢
-What will you say to the master? -Well, what can I say?
难道告诉他 他的房♥子中毒了
That his house is being poisoned?
两个孩子是诡计多端的谎话精
That the children are a pair of calculating liars?
他们有两个能把他们吓死的朋友
That they have friends who would frighten them out of their lives
如果他们不紧紧跟着他们俩
if they weren’t deeply and forever bound to them?
是的 他会认为我疯了
Oh, yes, I know, he’ll think I’m insane
或者这是我愚蠢的把戏 只为吸引他的注意
or that it’s some stupid trick to get him to notice me.
我希望我能帮上忙
I wish there was something I could do to help.
你可以的 你把一切都告诉我了吗
There is. Have you told me everything?
如果我要说服他们的叔叔我必须知道真♥相♥
If I am to convince their uncle, I must have the truth,
所有的真♥相♥
all the truth.
杰茜尔小姐是怎么死的
How did Miss Jessel die?
求求你 小姐 我们要迟到了
Please, miss, we’ll be late.
她是怎么死的
How did she die?
邪恶的方式
In wickedness.
她是自杀的 在湖里发现的 淹死了
She put an end to herself. She was found in the lake, drowned.
对不起 小姐 我不该告诉你的
Oh, I’m sorry, miss, I should never have told you.
我很高兴你说了
I’m glad you did.
去吧 格罗斯太太 我随后来
Oh, go in, Mrs Grose. I’ll follow you in a moment.
弗洛拉
Flora!
我真的希望你别去 小姐
I do wish you wouldn’t go, miss.
有点不对劲 你走得这么急
It seems wrong somehow, you hurrying off like this.
我也不想的 谢谢你 格罗斯太太
I’m left with no choice. Thank you, Mrs Grose.
没办法了
There’s nothing else to be done,
除了告诉他们叔叔一切 逼他相信
except to tell their uncle everything, force him to understand.
-你给我叫马车了吗 -叫了 小姐
-Did you order the carriage for me? -I did. Miss.
我去看看到了没有 我叫人帮你把行李搬下楼
I’ll see if it’s come round. I’ll get someone to take your luggage down.
谢谢你 我会呆在学习室
Thank you. I shall be in the schoolroom.
吉登斯小姐
Miss Giddens?
吉登斯小姐
Miss Giddens?
准备好了吗 小姐
Are you ready, miss?
我不能走了
I’m not going.
一切改变了
Everything has changed.
你生病了吗
Are you ill?
-孩子们在哪儿 -安娜正在给他们喝奶
-Where are the children? -Anna’s giving them their milk.
马车准备好了 小姐
The carriage is ready, miss.
从现在开始 我们决不能让他们离开我们的视线
From now on, we must never let them out of our sight.
我们不能冒一丝险
We can’t take the slightest chance.
什么
Of what?
她就在这儿
She was here.
她在等我
She was waiting for me.
谁
Who?
她说话
She spoke.
-她说话 -已经到了这地步
-She spoke? -It came to that.
我很同情她
Oh, I could feel pity for her,
如果她自己不是那么无情…
if she herself were not so pitiless…
渴望 渴望得到他
and hungry, hungry for him.
得到他的拥抱
For his arms,
他的吻
for his lips.
但是 她只能靠近他…
But she can only reach him…
他们只有附孩子们的体
They can only reach each other by
来彼此触摸
entering the souls of the children and possessing them.
孩子们被附了身
The children are possessed.
他们知道
They live and know