从你的墓穴中出来吧
Come from your grave.
因为月亮已经升起
For the moon is arisen.
欢迎 我的主人
Welcome, my lord.
看那儿
Look at that!
-什么 小姐 -我很害怕他们
-What, miss? -I was afraid for them.
但是假如他知道了呢 假如迈尔斯知道了呢
But what if he knows? What if Miles knows?
知道什么 亲爱的吉登斯小姐
Knows what, Miss Giddens, dear?
你认为我是在想像
You think I’m imagining it.
可是 现在你自己也看见 听见迈尔斯…
And yet, just now, you yourself saw and heard Miles…
做游戏
playing a game.
你告诉我 昆特和迈尔斯总是在一起
You told me Quint and Miles were always together.
但是这并不能责怪迈尔斯
But Miles wasn’t to blame.
-你不能阻止吗 -我不管事
-Couldn’t you have stopped it? -I wasn’t in charge.
我不能质疑老爷的安排
It wasn’t for me to question the master’s arrangements.
老爷让昆特负责
The master put Quint in charge here.
另外 没有人可以反对昆特
Besides, no-one could go against Quint.
你怕他吗
You were afraid of him?
但是 杰茜尔小姐怎么样
But what of Miss Jessel?
她什么事都不能做吗 或是…她也害怕他
Couldn’t she have done something or… was she afraid of him, too?
最初不是这样的 至少…
Not at first. At least…
她刚来的时候 她总是开心的满面笑容
In the beginning, when she first came here, she was always happy and smiling.
她很喜欢音乐
Very fond of music, she was,
跳舞
and dancing.
她和弗洛拉小姐曾一起跳舞 跳上一个小时
She and Miss Flora used to dance together, dance by the hour.
但是她变了
But she changed.
是的 她变了
Oh, yes, she changed.
很难相信 她是个有教养的姑娘
It was hard to believe, her being an educated young lady
而昆特是…
and Quint being…
他曾是
well, what he was.
停下 迈尔斯 停下来
Stop it, Miles! Stop it!
我想他们过于激动了
I knew they’d be overexcited.
-早过了睡觉时间了 -是的
-It’s long past their bedtime. -Yes,
你说昆特和杰茜尔小姐怎么了
but what did you mean about Quint and Miss Jessel?
瞧 小姐 他们死了 去了
Look, miss, they’re dead, gone.
讲过去的故事没意义
There’s no point in telling tales of what’s over and done with.
过去的故事…
Over and done with…
是的 不是吗
Yes, but is it?
放手 弗洛拉 你会栽进来的
Let go, Flora, you’ll fall in.
可我想划船
But I want to row the boat.
傻瓜 你知道你不能的
Silly, you know you can’t.
吉登斯小姐 让迈尔斯给我划船
Miss Giddens, tell Miles to let me row.
我会的 等你再长大一点
I will, when you’re a little older.
但是现在不行
But it’s too heavy for you now.
我不理 我自己有船
I don’t care. I’ve got a boat of my own anyway.
温暖的阳光
Heavenly, warm sun.
几乎有点热了
It’s almost hot.
我喜欢天气热
I like it when it’s hot.
你知道迈尔斯曾对我说什么
Do you know what Miles told me once?
不知道 亲爱的 说什么
No, dear. What?
他说 在湖上的时候 他看见湖底有只手在挥动
He said, when he was on the lake, he saw a hand waving on the bottom.
但是格罗斯太太说 “胡说八道 胡说八道”
But Mrs Grose said, “Stuff and nonsense! Stuff and nonsense!”
吉登斯小姐 乌龟会游泳吗
Miss Giddens, can tortoises swim?
不行 亲爱的
No, dear.
我想或许他们不能
I thought perhaps they couldn’t.
弗洛拉 你在哪儿学的这首歌♥
Flora, where did you learn that song?
我不记得了
I don’t think I remember.
这歌♥是那个音乐盒里的吧
It’s the song from the music box, isn’t it?
是不是
Isn’t it?
弗洛拉
Flora!
那是谁
Who is it?
那里
Over there!
我的天 小姐 你坐在黑暗里 吓了我一跳
Oh, goodness, miss, you gave me quite a turn, sitting there in the dark.
-孩子们在哪里 -在楼上 和安娜在一起
-And where are the children? -Upstairs with Anna.
我想一个人呆一会儿 想事情
I wanted to be by myself for a while. To think.
那么 小姐 我想一点灯光能让你的思想愉快点
Well, miss, I’m sure a little light will make your thoughts more cheerful.
格罗斯太太…有两个人
Mrs Grose… there are two of them.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
有两个…鬼魂
Two of those… abominations.
今天 在湖边
Today, down by the lake,
在光天化日下
there in the broad sunlight,
我看到了另一个
I saw the other one.
-另一个 -一个穿黑衣服的女人
-The other one? -A woman dressed in black.
-杰茜尔小姐 -但是杰茜尔小姐死了
-Miss Jessel. -But Miss Jessel’s dead. She died, why,
死了快一年了
almost a year ago.
快一年了
Almost a year ago.
几乎一年了
Almost a year!
弗洛拉也看见她了
Flora saw her, too.
-她跟你说了吗 -没有 当然没有
-Did she tell you so? -No, of course not.
她对我撒谎 是的 等于是谎言
She lied to me. Well, it amounted to a lie.
小姐 我从不知道那些孩子会说谎
Oh, now, miss, I’ve never known either of the children to tell lies.
-他们为什么要这样 -为什么
-Why would they? -Why?
因为他们都在玩游戏
Because they are both playing,
或是被逼玩一种恐怖的游戏
or being made to play, some monstrous game.
我不能假装知道是怎么回事
I can’t pretend to understand what its purpose is.
我只知道这种事发生了
I only know that it is happening.
一些秘密的 悄悄的…
Something secretive and whispery…
不妥的事情
and indecent.
但相信我 孩子们现在很危险
I tell you, believe me, the children are in dreadful peril.
我们能做什么
What are we to do?
那么 你相信我了吗
Then you do believe me?
你不认为是我想像的吗
You don’t think I’m imagining it?
-我相信你 小姐 -感谢上帝
-I believe you, miss. -Oh, thank God,
感谢上帝
thank God.
我很害怕我觉得很孤独
I’ve been so frightened. I’ve felt so alone.
但是 你和我在一起 你能帮我…
But together, with you to help me…
是的 小姐 我会帮你的 只要告诉我怎么做
Oh, yes, miss, I’ll help you. Only, tell me how.
好的
Yes.
我们必须知道这些恐怖的东西想要什么
We must try to learn what it is these horrors want.
想一想 格罗斯太太 答案一定就在过去
Think, Mrs Grose. The answer must lie in the past.
昆特和杰茜尔小姐…
Were Quint and Miss Jessel…
是否相爱
in love?
他们相爱 是不是
They were in love, weren’t they?
爱 我猜想她是这么认为的
Love? Oh, I suppose that’s what she called it.
但是 那更像一种疾病
But it was more like a sickness,
高烧 使人的身体燃烧 干枯
a fever that leaves the body burned-out and dry.
她什么残忍♥的事都受了
There was no cruelty she wouldn’t suffer.
如果他打她…哦 是的 我看到他推倒了她
If he struck her… oh, yes, and I have seen him knock her to the floor.
她看着他 就好像想尝尝他巴掌的味道
She’d look at him as though she wanted the weight of his hand.
没有自尊 没有羞耻
No pride, no shame.
她会爬到他脚下
Crawl to him on her hands and knees, she would.
他嘲笑她 那么残忍♥的笑
And him laughing at her. Such a savage laugh, he had.
想起来 心里都难受
It hurts me to remember.
她过得很不好 但是…没有女人能受得了
Bad, she was, but… no woman could have suffered more.
应该对这一切保持缄默
A person ought to keep quiet about it.
你必须告诉我
You must tell me.
小姐 我看到一些事 我…我羞于出口
Miss, there’s things I’ve seen, I… I’m ashamed to say.
继续说
Go on!
那些房♥间…
Rooms…
大白天就在里面…
used by daylight…
好像他们在黑暗的森林里一样
as though they were dark woods.
他们不在乎你看见他们
They didn’t care that you saw them?
还有孩子们
And the children?
我不能说 小姐 我不知道孩子们看见了什么
I can’t say, miss. I don’t know what the children saw.
但是 他们过去常常跟着昆特和杰茜尔小姐
But they used to follow Quint and Miss Jessel,
跟在后面 手牵手 窃窃私语
trailing along behind, hand in hand, whispering.
这所房♥子太多窃窃私语 小姐
There was too much whispering in this house, miss.
哦 是的 我能想像
Oh, yes, I can imagine.
是的 我能想像他们在耳语什么
Yes, I can imagine what sort of things they whispered about.
昆特 迈尔斯
Quint, Miles.
我能听到他们一起
I can hear them together.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!