人的大脑可以快速进行大量运算
Well, human brains can compute large sums very quickly–
就连休也可以 但是我想要克里斯多夫更聪明一点
even Hugh can do that– but I want Christopher to be smarter.
做一些运算
To make a calculation and then, uh…
来决定下一步怎么做
to determine what to do next.
就像一个真正的人那样计算
Like a person does.
想想看
Think of it.
电子大脑
Electrical brain.
一个数字计算机
A digital computer.
数字计算机
Digital computer.
嗯
Hmm.
-怎么了
-What’s going on?
发生什么了
What’s happening?
不不不不不不 别碰我的东西
No. No, no. No, no, no! Don’t touch that!
-后退 -那是我的桌子
-Stay back. -That’s my desk.
谢天谢地
Thank goodness.
我真不想找了半天
I’d hate to think we were searching
-还找错人了 -你在干什么 出什么事了
-the wrong one. -What are you doing? What’s going on?
布莱奇丽庄园
There is a spy
有一个间谍
in Bletchley Park.
海军部觉得我们之中一个
The Navy thinks that one of us
是苏联双面间谍 艾伦
is a Soviet double agent, Alan.
呃 为什么
Uh… why?
我们的人中途拦截了这封去苏联的电报
Our boys intercepted this on its way to Moscow.
看着眼熟么
Look familiar?
这是比尔密♥码♥
It’s a Beale cipher.
隐藏在一个词语或者一本书或者一首诗里或者
Encrypted with a phrase from a book or a poem or…
你不是真觉的是我♥干♥的 是么
You don’t seriously think I did this, do you?
双面间谍都是这样的混♥蛋♥
Double agents are such bastards.
孤立的独行者
Isolated loners.
没有朋友和父母的牵挂
No attachments to friends or family.
自高自大
Arrogant.
认识这样的人么
Know anybody like that?
我
I…
嗯 我知道你不喜欢我
Hm, I know you don’t like me,
但并不代表我
but that does not make me
是苏联间谍啊
a Soviet spy.
没什么不寻常的东西 长官
Nothing out of the ordinary, sir.
真的
Really.
嗯 好的
Mm, all right.
内政部现在可能保护你
The Home Office may be protecting you now,
但是早晚有一天
but sooner or later
你会犯错误
you will make a mistake.
我一点儿不介意开了你
And I needn’t bother firing you.
他们会以叛国罪绞死你
They will hang you for treason.
嗨
Hello.
我听说了今天的事
I heard about what happened.
这是三区姑娘们唯一可以讨论的
It’s all the girls in Hut 3 can talk about.
我有个主意可以让你振奋起来
I have an idea of what might cheer you up.
因为字母被编码后
So because no letter
不会是字母本身 所以 已经有一些设定
can be encoded as itself, there’s already a handful
从一开始是可以排除的了
of settings that can be rejected at the outset.
那不是你的团队么
Is that your team?
-是 是的 -我们要打招呼么
-Y-Yes. -Shall we say hello?
-不好 -嗨
-No. -Hello.
我 我告诉过你不要打招呼
I-I told you not t-to do that.
-艾伦 -呃 休 你好
-Alan. -Uh, Hugh, h-hello.
-不知道你还喝酒啊 -他不喝酒 真的
-Didn’t know you drank. -He doesn’t, really.
他只吸了几口泡沫
He just sort of sips at the foam.
好吧 我告诉你个秘密 但 您叫
Well, I’ll let you into a little secret, Miss…?
叫我克拉克就行
Clarke.
-克拉克小姐 -请讲
-Miss Clarke. -Please.
我也最喜欢啤酒泡沫
Foam’s my favorite part, too.
真的么
Is it really?
跟我们一起喝一杯吧
Come and join us for a drink?
我们一会儿就过去
We’ll be there in a moment.
克拉克小姐
Miss Clarke.
呃 他喜欢你
Well, he likes you.
-是啊 -你
-Yes. -You…
故意让他喜欢你的
g-got him to like you.
是的
Yes.
为什么
Why?
因为作为一个干男人活儿的女人
Because I’m a woman in a man’s job,
我没有做混♥蛋♥的那种机会
and I don’t have the luxury of being an ass.
艾伦
Alan…
不管你有多聪明
it doesn’t matter how smart you are,
恩尼格玛总是比你还聪明
Enigma is always smarter.
如果你真的想
If you really
解开你的难题
want to solve your puzzle,
你必须得到能得到的一切帮助
then you’re going to need all the help
而且如果他们不喜欢你
you can get, and they are not going
是不会帮你的
to help you if they do not like you.
-这是什么 -苹果啊
-What are those? -Apples.
-不 -哦 他们的确是苹果
-No. -Oh, they really are.
嗯 我 呃 克拉克 琼女士 其实 呃
Um, I… well, Miss Clarke, Joan actually, um…
说 如果我能给你们
said that it would be…
多带些东西 比较好
nice if I was to, uh, bring you all something.
所以啦 我
So here we are. I…
谢谢
Thank you.
我喜欢苹果
I like apples.
替我谢谢克拉克
My best to Miss Clarke.
呃 树林子里有两个人
Uh, there are two people in a wood,
呃 他们遇见了一只熊
and, um, they run into a bear.
第一个人跪下来祈祷
The first person gets down on his knees to pray.
第二个人系紧了鞋带
The second person starts lacing up his boots.
第一个问第二个人
The first person asks the second person,
亲爱的朋友 你在干什么
“My dear friend, what are you doing?
你你你 不能比一只熊跑得快
You-you-you can’t outrun a bear.”
呃 第二个人回答说
Uh, to which the second person responds,
不用
“I don’t have to.
我只需要比你跑得快就行了
I only have to outrun you.”
如果谁需要我帮忙的话 我在克里斯多夫那儿
I’ll be w-with Christopher, if anyone needs me.
如果我们假定二的平方根
If we assume that the square root of two
是有理数 那么我们可以说
is a rational number, then we can say
二的平方根
that the square root of two
是A/B
is A over B…
其中A和B
where A and B
都是整数 而且B不等于零
are whole numbers and B is not zero.
图灵先生 传纸条呢 是么
Mr. Turing, passing notes, are we?
没有 先生
No, sir.
只有图灵传纸条会用密语
Only Turing would pass notes written in gibberish.
-好吧 先生们
-All right, gentlemen,
假期别忘了你们的代数
do not forget your algebra over the break.
假期愉快 假期回来
Have a pleasant holiday, and we’ll resume
继续我们的无理数
your irrationals when you return.
嗯
Mm.
但是用欧拉定理可以直接算出来
But Euler’s Theorem gives you that immediately.
嗯
Um…
来 看看这个
Here. Look at this.
如果把电线沿对角线穿过插件版模型
If you run the wires across the plugboard matrix diagonally,
会让转子位置速度快500倍
it will eliminate rotor positions 500 times faster.
这
That’s, uh…
这个主意还真不错
actually not an entirely terrible idea.
我觉得艾伦的意思是谢谢你
I think that was Alan for “Thank you.”
呃 那是我的三明治
Uh, th-that’s my sandwich.
你不喜欢三明治
You don’t like sandwiches.
你紧张么
You nervous?
那现在怎么着
What happens now?
它 它应该能算出恩尼格玛的设定
It-it should work out the day’s Enigma settings.
多长时间
How long?
胜利万岁 胜利万岁
Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!