你还没有安全证件
Now, you won’t have proper security clearance,
当然 所以我们要随机应变一下
of course, so, uh, we’ll have to improvise things a bit.
你为什么帮我
Why are you helping me?
因为现在全世界只有
Because there is only one thing that matters
一件最重要的事 明白么
in this entire world right now– do you understand?
就是破解恩尼格玛
and that is breaking Enigma.
但 但是 图灵先生
But-but, Mr. Turing…
你为什么帮我
why are you helping me?
哦 呃
Oh. Um…
有时候正是人们以为的无用之人
sometimes it’s the very people who no one imagines anything of
成就无人之事敢想
who do the things that no one can imagine.
长官
Sir.
-这是什么 -艾伦图灵的机密军事文件
-What’s this? -Alan Turing’s classified military file.
-他妈竟然是白的 -这不说么
-It’s bloody empty. -Exactly.
-这就是一空的牛皮纸信封 -是啊
-It’s an empty manila envelope. -Yeah.
所以你把这案子侦破了 是不是
Well, you’ve cracked the case wide open, then, haven’t you?
艾伦·图灵的军事记录不仅仅加密
Alan Turing’s war records aren’t just classified,
而且直接不存在
they’re nonexistent.
说明有人处理掉了
That means someone’s got rid of them.
抹除了 烧掉了
Erased them. Burned them.
那你说闯进他家没偷东西的两个人呢
And that same person broke into his house and stole nothing?
他们是盖伊·伯吉斯和唐纳德·麦克莱恩
Guy Burgess and Donald Maclean.
什么 报纸上说的间谍么
What, the spies from the papers?
苏维埃间谍
The Soviet spies.
但他们一开始都是教授 是吧
But first they were professors, weren’t they?
在剑桥受到激化
Radicalized at Cambridge,
然后加入了共♥产♥主义政党
then they joined the Communist Party,
然后进了外♥交♥部♥ 然后在战争期间
then Foreign Office, then leaked information
向斯大林泄露信息 现在
to Stalin during the war– now,
你能想象一个在剑桥的教授
can you think of anyone else we know who was at Cambridge,
在二战期间从事了偷偷摸摸绝对机密的工作么
then took up something murky and top secret when war broke out?
你觉得艾伦·图灵是间谍么
You think this Alan Turing might be a Soviet agent?
我觉得
I think…
就在我们眼前
something very serious is happening
正发生很严重的事儿
right here under our noses.
你不想查个究竟是什么吗
Wouldn’t you like to find out what it is?
欢迎 女士们
Welcome, ladies.
跟我来
If you’d like to follow me.
人们都以为我们是在
Some people thought we were at war
和德军作战 错了
with the Germans– incorrect.
我们在和时间作战
We were at war with the clock.
英国人几乎被饿死
Britain was literally starving to death.
美国每周会运输
The Americans sent over
十万吨♥物资 而且 每周
100,000 tons of food every week, and, uh, every week
德军会将我们亟需的物资
the Germans would send our desperately needed bread
炸入海底
to the bottom of the ocean.
午夜的钟声一响 一天的工作又是白费
Our daily failure was announced at the chimes of midnight.
时间的滴答声音会萦绕在噩梦中
And the sound would haunt our unwelcome dreams.
滴滴
Tick…
答答
tock…
滴滴
tick.
马♥勒♥戈壁的
Damn it!
-怎么了 -午夜十二点
-What just happened? -Midnight–
今天所有的辛苦又是白费
all the work we’ve done today is useless.
哦 不过别担心 在明天的电讯
Oh, but don’t worry, we’ve a few hours
蜂拥而来之前 我们还有几个小时
before tomorrow’s messages start flooding in…
再重新开始
and we start all over again.
从零开始
From scratch.
我真是受够了
I’m so sick of this.
他今天又用了四小时帮他接线板矩阵布线
Four hours rewiring his plugboard matrix.
昨天用了三小时
Three hours yesterday
改转轴
on his rotor positions!
-别过去 -约翰 别这样
-Don’t go over there. -Look, John, no.
如果这活儿以前不是不可能
If this job wasn’t already impossible before,
-现在彻底不可能了 -休 别这样
-it bloody well is now. -Hugh, don’t.
去死吧 你和你那没用的机器
Damn you and your useless machine.
我的机器就是我们获胜的关键
My machine is how we are going to win.
真的么
Really?
就是这个机器 嗯
This machine? Hmm?
他说的是这该死的机器么
Are you talking about this bloody machine?!
-休 休 休 别这样 -休 休 住手
-Hugh! Hugh! Hugh, don’t! -Hugh! Hugh! Stop!
你这个自大的王八蛋
You arrogant bastard.
你可以帮助我们的
You could help us.
你可以让我们的运算更快的 但是你不肯
You could make this go faster, but you won’t.
放开
Get off.
他说得对 艾伦
He’s right, Alan.
外面
There are…
有实战的军人为了赢得胜利而战斗
actual soldiers out there trying to win an actual war.
我哥哥
My brother
在海军护航物资
protects food convoys in the Navy.
我的表亲在皇家空军队巡逻
My cousins fly RAF patrols.
我所有的朋友 他们都有所贡献
All my friends, they’re all making a difference,
而我们只是 虚度光阴
while we just… while away our days
做无用功
producing nothing.
都是因为你
Because of you.
我的机器
My machine…
会有用的
will work.
走吧 彼得
Come on, Peter.
可以走了
Okay.
-额 你能不能
-Uh, will you…
-你的声音
-Could you make
还能再大点儿么 我都不确定
a bit more noise? I’m not quite sure
-有没有吵醒我的房♥东 -哦 抱歉
-my landlady woke up. -Oh, sorry.
哦 我 听着
Oh, uh, look.
我尽我最大的努力了
I think that’s the best I can do.
天黑之后不允许男客进入
No male visitors after dark.
那么
So…
你给我带了什么
what did you bring me?
给你
There you go.
这儿
Here.
有男人会送花的 你知道吧
Some men try flowers, you know.
这是从纳粹最高指挥部
These are actual decrypted Enigma messages
截获的真正的
direct from Nazi
恩尼格玛信息
High Command.
0600小时
“0600 hours.
今天天气晴朗
“Weather today is clear.
晚上有雨
“Rain in the evening.
希♥特♥勒♥万岁
Heil Hitler.”
很明显 那条最重要的信息
Well, clearly, that vital piece of information
会帮助我们赢得战争
is going to win us the war.
真正让我感兴趣的是那些加密信息
It’s the relationship between the encrypted
和..和那些破译信息之间的关系
a-and decrypted messages that interests me.
我们能不能在这里面为建造克里斯多夫找一条线索
Can we find a clue here that we can build into Christopher?
谁是克里斯多夫
Who’s Christopher?
哦 他 呃 他是我的机器
Oh, he’s, uh, he’s my machine.
你给他起了名字
You named him?
这名字不好么
Is that a bad name?
不啊
No.
不啊 不管他了
No, never mind.
你是想建造你的通用机器么
Are you trying to build your universal machine?
我在大学
I read your paper
-读过你的论文 -已经开这门课了
-at university. -Is it already being taught?
不不不 我就是提早看的
No. No. No, I was precocious.
就是说
So…
你认为在理论上可以建造一个
you-you theorized a machine that
解决任何问题的机器
could solve any problem.
他不仅可以解决一个问题 他能解决任何问题
It didn’t just do one thing, it did everything.
不仅可以编程 还可以重复编程
It wasn’t just programmable, it was reprogrammable.

Mm.
这是支撑克里斯多夫的想法吧
Is that your idea behind Christopher?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!