You could have said something.
你大可说些话
I thought you’d figure it out eventually.
我认为你总会想到的
Yes, I would have.
是,我该如此
I would have come another night, volunteered,
我该在某夜自愿…
walked right on stage and said hello.
上台打招呼
And then you’d really have had to move quickly.
那你很快就得打包走人了
I suspect you would have.
我以为你会这么做
I don’t understand why.
我不懂
Perhaps for the same reasons you find it prudent to meet in a carriage.
就如同…你约在马车碰面的理由
It’s just a game I have to play with them.
这是我和他们玩的游戏
I’m followed everywhere.
我走到哪都被跟踪
It’s-it’s supposed to be for my protection.
美其名曰是为了保护我
Yes. So, I hear congratulations are in order.
是的,我听说你有喜讯了?
What for?
为什么?
They say you’ll be the princess.
大家都说你会当上王妃
It’s not decided at all.
根本没这回事
Ah.
是吗?
It makes a certain sense, I suppose.
我想也并非不无道理
We’ve known each other for years and of course our families.
我们已相识许久,彼此家人也是
He’s very intelligent. A little too intelligent for his own good.
他非常聪明,太聪明也不是什么好事
You’re lucky, you know. To have broken free as you did.
你很幸运,知道吗?你是自♥由♥的
I often wish that I had…
我常希望自己
Wished what?
希望什么?
I wished that I would see you again.
我常希望能再见你一面
And now you have.
现在你见到了
Yes, now I have.
是的,我见到了
I look forward to seeing you again at the Hofburg.
我期待在霍夫堡再见到你
Until then.
到时见了
Here’s the report on Duchess Von Teschen.
这是特森女爵的报告
Mmm. Anything interesting?
嗯,有啥有趣的?
See for yourself.
你自己看吧
The magician?
那个魔术师?
They drove around for half an hour, then he got out near the theatre.
他们绕了半小时,他先在戏院下车
What do you want us to do?
接下来怎么做?
Join us for a drink?
一起喝一杯?
Please.
请坐
You like something to eat, something to drink, mmm?
想不想吃些什么、喝些什么?
No, thank you.
不了,谢谢
Herr Eisenheim, I’m going to ask you
艾森瀚先生…我要问你一件事
a question that may not seem friendly.
听起来也许不友善
But I assure you, in fact, is.
但你放心,我其实出于好意
What is your relationship with the Duchess Von Teschen?
你和特森女爵是什么关系?
You’re right, that doesn’t seem friendly.
你没说错,这问题很不友善
Oh, but that is precisely my point.
这正是我的重点
For, you see, where others might judge a discreet carriage ride
你想别人会怎么看马车里的幽会?
for what it seemed to be,
既然表面看来很可疑
I am willing to find out what it actually was.
我很乐意调查真♥相♥
All right. We were childhood acquaintances.
好吧,我们是小时的玩伴
Acquaintances?
玩伴?
Childhood friends. My father was a cabinetmaker.
童年时的朋友,我的父亲是家具工
He made the furniture for her family’s house.
他曾为她的家族制♥作♥家具
I see, the cabinet maker’s son friends with a–
我懂了,家具工之子结交了一位…
Has there been a complaint?
有什么人不满吗?
Oh, no, no.
喔,不,不…
If there’d been a complaint…
如果真有什么不满…
Well, we’d be having a very, uh, different sort of conversation.
我们就不会这样对话了
Yes. He relies on you for that sort of thing, does he?
他都靠你处理这类事,不是吗?
I’m a simple public servant, Herr Eisenheim.
我只是单纯的公仆,艾森瀚
That’s not what I hear.
我听到的不是如此
I hear you’ll be the Chief of Police very soon.
我听说你快当上警♥察♥总长
Maybe Mayor of Vienna? Party Secretary?
还是维也纳市长?议事大臣?
All subject to his whim.
他说了才算
You better hope he doesn’t dissolve
你最好希望他解散国会时…
the Parliament before you get there.
是在你升官之后
Now, the Prince has some progressive ideas,
王子殿下有些想法很先进
but he will make a fine Emperor.
但他会是一位好君主
Well, they say you’re very close to him, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.
听说你们关系良好,我确信你会很好
Look– Yes, indeed, they say that I’m very close to the Prince.
是的,大家都说我与王子关系好
But the simple truth of the matter is, Herr Eisenheim,
事实摆在眼前,艾森瀚
I’m the son of a butcher.
我是肉贩之子
He’s the heir to the Empire.
他是王位继承人
How close could we be to such as him, Hmm?
我和他能好到哪去?
Do you see my point?
你清楚我的重点吗?
Don’t fool yourself that you can play in their game.
别傻到以为你可和他们打交道
I’ve served on the edge of it for many, many years
我在底下服务,做了很多很多年
and I can tell you with certainty there’s no trick they haven’t seen.
我很确定他们看遍各种手法
It’s not worth it.
这样做不值得
My guest tonight is not a showman at all, but rather a wizard
今晚的贵客不是表演家,而是巫师
who has sold his soul to the devil in return for unholy powers.
他用灵魂与恶魔交换邪恶力量
Or so at least some of our friends here would have us believe.
或者有人要让我们如此相信
But fear not, everything can and will be explained.
别害怕,所有事情都有解释
All mysteries penetrated.
所有的谜团都能破解
Here, Here. Well said. Well said.
嘿﹗说得好,说得好
Is that the emperor?
那是国王吗?
Ah, yes, your father.
是的,你的父亲
I didn’t think he was invited .
我不知道他也受邀了
A fair likeness of the old man.
很像那位老头
Too modern a style for him, of course.
但没那么时髦
I’m afraid I’m not much of a painter.
恐怕我不是一位好画家
It’s true, there are no brush strokes in this painting,
没错,画上没有笔触痕迹
I can see that clearly.
我看得出来
So to achieve the color some sort of chemical must be interacting, presumably.
上色效果应是某种化学物质的作用
Some sort of sprayer up your sleeve? May I?
袖子里有喷雾器吗?可以看看吗?
If you feel you must.
如果你觉得有必要
I do.
的确有必要
Oh, let the man do his show.
就让他好好表演吧
You want me to just sit there when it’s so obvious?
事实摆在眼前,你竟要我呆坐着?
I do.
我是这么希望
He tries to trick you. I try to enlighten you.
他试着要愚弄你,而我要启迪你
Which is the more noble pursuit?
谁的目的比较高尚?
May we have the lights please, so his Highness can better see?
可以打光…让王子看得更清楚吗?
See here, Leopold, let’s have a show.
利奥波德,让我们看表演
Here, here.
嘿﹗嘿﹗
Come on, Leopold, get on with it.
得了,利奥波德,继续吧
Very well, I propose a challenge.
好,我要下挑战
Why don’t you astonish us, if you can, without all the gadgetry?
你能不靠这些机关使我们吃惊吗?
As you wish.
如你所愿
Your sword is very beautiful. Might I see it?
你的剑很漂亮,能让我看看吗?
Certainly.
当然
May I?
不介意吧?
Where does power flow from?
力量源自何处?
Skill or destiny, or divine right?
技巧?命运还是天意?
We all know the story of a sword called Excalibur.
我们都听过石中剑的故事
Excalibur’s blade was fixed in stone, and there it stayed.
它插在石缝中静止不动
Many worthy knights tried to pull the sword from the stone.
许多伟大的武士都尝试拔剑
Only Arthur succeeded proving his right to rule.
亚瑟证明了他的正当性
Who can take this sword?
谁拔得起剑?
You sir, can you take the sword?
这位先生,你能否拔起这把剑?
No surprise there.
一点都不让人意外
Perhaps you, sir.
也许你可以,先生
Not so eager, cousin.
不用这么急切,表弟
You shall live a long life.
你会很长寿
Thank you for your indulgence.
谢谢你的投入
Come now, if you can’t pull it out you’ll never be Emperor.
如果你拔不出,永远别想当上国王
Your father will live to be a hundred.
你的父亲会活到一百岁
The sword to its rightful owner!
这把剑的真正主人出现了
That’s enough light entertainment for this evening.
今晚的余兴节目到此为止
For more serious discussion, please join me for a drink.
还有更严肃的话题,请与我共饮
Shut him down.
把他的表演停掉
Well, he’s very popular, your Highness.
他很受欢迎,王子殿下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!