-Eddie, let’s go. -I want to walk.
走路太远了
It’s a long walk.
巴特 有的是时间
I got time, Bert.
你要我替你向她转达吗
You want me to tell her for you?
转达什么
Tell her what?
艾迪 心肠要硬一点
You got to be hard, Eddie.
你何时要走
When are you leaving?
一下子 这是你要我做的 对吗
In a little while. It’s what you want, isn’t it?
是艾迪要你做的
It’s what Eddie wants.
他要我给你一些钱
He told me to give you some money.
放床上吧 事情都是这么解决的 可不是
Put it on the bed. That’s the way it’s done, isn’t it?
事情都是这么解决
That’s the way it’s done.
你看着我的那种眼神…
The way you’re looking at me…
就是每次你击败一个男子时 所投射的眼神吗
…is that how you look at a man you’ve just beaten?
就好像你才刚拿了他的钱 马上又要他的尊严
As if you’ve just taken his money and now you want his pride?
-我所要的不过就是钱 -当然
All I want is the money.
当然 钱和看见这个人崩溃的乐趣
Sure, the money and the aristocratic pleasure of seeing him fall apart.
巴特 你有罗马式的精神 应该所战皆赢
You’re a Roman, Bert. You have to win them all.
有饮料吗
You got a drink?
堕落
扭曲[艾迪]
残缺
请给我57号♥房♥的钥匙
Give me my key, please. Room 57.
快啦 给我钥匙
Come on, give me my key.
来 咱们回想一下 你说你在另一间房♥间…
Now, let’s go over this again. You say you were in the other room…
她关上门 我告诉过你 她关上了门
She closed the door, I told you, she closed the door.
她关上门 进入浴室 待了五或十分钟左右
She closed the door, went in there, maybe ten, five minutes or so.
嘿 让他进来
Hey, let him come in.
艾迪…
Eddie…
艾迪
Eddie?
艾迪
Eddie?
她进来这儿 艾迪
She came in here, Eddie.
要我给她酒
She asked me for a drink.
我给了她一杯
I gave her one.
后来我们又多喝了几杯
We had a few more.
艾迪 她进来过这儿
Eddie, she came in here!
肥子 我来打撞球
I came to play pool, Fats.
-好啊 赌注多少 -任你说
-That’s good. For how much? -You name it.
一局一千
$1,000 a game?
肥子 我们来玩一局三千吧
Let’s make it $3,000 a game, Fats.
三千 那是我的资金 全部家当啊
$3,000, that’s my bankroll, my life savings.
肥子 怎么回事
What’s the matter, Fats?
第一场打败我吧 我就回奥克兰了
Beat me the first game, and I’m on my way back to Oakland.
走吧
Let’s go.
巴特 赌我吧 我不能再输
Get on me, Bert, I can’t lose!
威利
Willie?
-出球 -杆头
-Call it. -Heads.
巴特 这球要怎么打出
How should I play that one, Bert?
安全地打出
Play it safe?
你总是教我要安全地打出 精算百分比
That’s what you always told me, play it safe, play the percentage.
嗯 就这样 精准漂亮
Well, here we go, fast and loose.
一球 角袋
One ball, corner pocket.
精准的球员也可能死得很惨 可不是吗 巴特
Percentage players die broke, too, don’t they, Bert?
我怎能输球
How can I lose?
十二号♥球
Twelve ball.
我是说 我怎能输球 因为 巴特你对了
I mean, how can I lose? Because you were right, Bert.
光有才华不够 还需要具备特色
It’s not enough to have talent, you’ve got to have character, too.
四号♥球
Four ball.
当然现在我有些特色了
And I sure got character now.
我在路易斯维尔的饭店里揣摩来的
I picked it up in a hotel room in Louisville.
射球 刽子手艾迪
Shoot pool, Fast Eddie.
肥子 我是在射球 我失手了 就换你射
I’m shooting pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot.
五号♥球
Five ball.
十四号♥球
Fourteen ball.
四号♥球
Four ball.
好赛局
That’s game.
好精采
Game!
八号♥球
Eight ball.
十三号♥球
Thirteen ball.
艾迪 我叫停
I quit, Eddie.
我无法击败你
I can’t beat you.
威利 给他赌注
Willie, give him the stake.
你让自己成了撞球高手
You got yourself a pool player.
爱说教的 外套给我
Preacher, give me my coat.
你想去哪儿
Where do you think you’re going?
艾迪
Eddie?
你欠我钱
You owe me money!
就看你怎么算 巴特
Just how do you figure that, Bert?
-照你算 我欠你多少 -一半
-What do you figure I owe you? -Half!
-在路易斯维尔 应该七成五 -拿去 一半
-In Louisville, it was 75%. -Here, it’s half.
我不付给你的话呢
What if I don’t pay you?
你不付给我
You don’t pay me?
你的拇指就得再扭伤一次
You’ll get your thumbs broken again.
加上其他手指
And your fingers.
如果我要他们做 他们就会分三四次 把你的右臂扭断
If I want them to, they’ll break your right arm in three or four places.
艾迪 你最好给他
You better pay him, Eddie.
你自认为还是我的经纪人吗
You figure you’re still my manager?
兄弟 我在商言商啊
I’m a businessman, kid.
你已经给我排满了赌局
You’ve got a lot of games lined up for me?
现在开始 我们要一起大捞一票
We’ll make lots of money together, from now on.
五五对分
50%?
未必要五五对分 也可以七成或七成五
It don’t have to be 50%. It can be 30%, 25%.
我们着实教训了她一顿 可不是
We really stuck the knife in her, didn’t we?
真的够狠的一招
We really gave it to her good.
若不是在路易斯维尔 也会在其他地方发生
If it didn’t happen in Louisville, it would happen someplace else.
若不是现在 就是六个月后 她一向是那种贵妇人
If not now, six months from now. That’s the kind of dame she was.
然后咱们就扭曲了它 可不是
Then we twisted it, didn’t we, Bert?
那档子事儿没把你撂倒
It doesn’t stick in your throat
因为你能慧剑斩情丝
because you spit it out like everything else!
可是我真的为她难过
But it sticks in mine.
我爱她
I loved her.
我在一场赌战中把她给折价卖♥♥了
I traded her in on a pool game.
这对你无关紧要的啦 你在乎过谁啊
That wouldn’t mean anything to you. Who did you ever care about?
你说过只要赢就好 赌赢是一切
“Just win,” you said. That’s the important thing.
你不知道真赢是什么 你是输家
You don’t know what winning is. You’re a loser!
因为你内心已死 除非你能让周遭一切事物…
Because you’re dead inside, and you can’t live…
也枯槁 否则你就活不下去
…unless you make everything else dead around you.
太高了 巴特
Too high, Bert.
你的代价太高
Your price is too high.
假如我接受 她活不下去 也死不了
If I take it, she never lived. She never died.
我们都知道不是这样的 可不是 她活过 也死了
We both know that’s not true, don’t we? She lived. She died.
你最好是…
You better…
你最好叫你那票人把我杀了
You tell your boys they better kill me.
最好把我一了百了…
They better go all the way with me…
因为如果只是把我揍成碎片 我会自己黏合起来…
…because if they just bust me up, I’ll put the pieces together…
所以神啊 救救我 巴特
…so help me God, Bert…
我会再回来 杀了你
…l’ll come back and I’ll kill you.
等等
Wait a minute.
好吧
All right.
不过…
Only…
千万不要再踏进 高档的赌场一步
…don’t ever walk into a big-time pool hall again.
肥子…
Fat Man…
你狠耍了一招诈赌
…you shoot a great game of pool.
彼此彼此 刽子手艾迪
So do you, Fast Eddie.