兄弟 你是老千一个 十足老千一个
Why, you’re a pool shark, boy. A real pool shark.
-他也是 -你比他厉害 高杆多了
-So is he. -You’re better than he was. Much better.
哪 你的钱
There’s your money, boy.
哪 你的钱
There’s your money, boy.
老千
Pool shark!
等等…
Wait a minute.
给这家伙钱吧
Let’s give this boy his money.
输的钱我们绝不赖账
We always pay what we lose, boy.
这些老千都一样 没啥了不起
We’ve got no use for pool sharks around here!
绅士
-谁呀 -是我 艾迪
-Who is it? -It’s me, Eddie.
怎么啦
What happened?
我被扁啦
I got beat up.
他们扭伤了我的拇指
They broke my thumbs.
天哪
God!
莎拉 他们扭伤了我的拇指
Sarah, they broke my thumbs.
把我的拇指扭伤了
Broke my thumbs.
没关系
It’s all right.
有我呢
I’m here.
要看就拿去看吧
You can read it if you want to.
想出去走走吗 看场电影吧
Do you want to go out for a while? To a movie?
不要
-要喝点什么 -不要 你要喝
-Do you want a drink? -No, do you?
这儿怎么这么热
What’s it so hot in here for?
拜托
Please!
-莎拉 你认为我是个输家吗 -输家
-Sarah, do you think I’m a loser? -A loser?
嗯
Yeah.
我遇到巴特戈登这家伙 他说我是个天生的输家
I met this guy, Bert Gordon. He said I was a born loser.
-他怎知道 -他知道的可多呢
-Would he know? -He knows a lot.
-他又为什么告诉你这个 -不清楚
-Why did he tell you? -I’m not sure.
他说有一些人 硬是找罪受 爱当输家
He says there are people who always look for an excuse to lose.
-这巴特戈登是做什么的 -赌徒一个
-What does this Bert Gordon do? -He’s a gambler.
-包赢的赌徒 -他专门包赌
-Is he a winner? -He owns things.
-包赌就是包赢 -还有什么其他方法能包赢
-Is that what makes a winner? -What else does?
-他说的话令你懊恼吗 -嗯
-Does it bother you, what he said? -Yeah.
我非常懊恼
It bothers me a lot.
因为已经有两回了 一回和肥子在艾拇斯
Because, you see, twice, once at Ames with Fats…
另一次在阿瑟那儿…
…and then again at Arthur’s…
那家廉价无聊的弹子房♥ 我怎么会那样 莎拉
That cheap, crummy poolroom. Why did I do it, Sarah?
我该狠狠修理他一顿 他却毫不知情
I could have beat that guy cold. He never would’ve known.
我真该露一手
I just had to show him.
真该让这些小混混见识一下 什么叫做精彩的表现
I had to show those punks how great the game can be when it’s great.
其实 不论做啥事都可以表现精彩
You know, anything can be great, anything.
如果熟练 砌砖也可以表现一流
Bricklaying can be great if a guy knows.
如果泥水匠经验老练 虚心努力 照样可以令人叹服
If he knows what he’s doing and why, and if he can make it come off.
就像当我全神贯注在球局中 感觉像是…
Why, when I’m really going, I feel like a…
赛马骑士骑在马匹上
Like a jockey must feel sitting on his horse,
感受到的飞驰和冲力
with all that speed and power underneath.
即将抵达最后一圈 那种冲刺的压力和刺♥激♥
He’s coming into the stretch, the pressure’s on and he knows.
他凭感觉知道缰绳该如何收放 力道适中
He just feels when to let it go, and how much.
时间和力道的拿捏 一切都在他掌握当中
He’s got everything working for him. Timing, touch.
极棒的体验
It’s a great feeling.
极棒的体验 你就是要深谙个中要领
A real great feeling, when you’re right and you know it.
突然间 我臂膀上了油一般 球杆成为我身体的一部份
Suddenly, there’s oil in my arm. The pool cue is part of me.
球杆也受神经的指挥 变成了一支神奇的木杆
The pool cue has nerves in it. It’s a piece of wood with nerves.
它能应付滚动的球 不需要你去察看 你就是感觉得到
Feel the roll of those balls. You don’t have to look, you just know.
你就击出前所未有的好球
You make shots that nobody’s ever made before.
你所表现的就是 前无古人 后无来者的撞球赛局
And you play that game the way nobody’s ever played it before.
你不是输家 而是赢家
You’re not a loser, you’re a winner.
有些人却是从来不曾 体验过这种滋味
Some men never feel that way about anything.
艾迪 我爱你
I love you, Eddie.
莎拉 将来有一天你会有个归宿
Some day, Sarah, you’ll settle down.
或许嫁个大学教授
You’ll marry a college professor.
写本伟大的书 也可能是有关我的故事
You’ll write a great book, maybe about me.
大老千 刽子手艾迪富森
“Fast Eddie Felson, Hustler.”
我爱你
I love you.
需要言语吗
Do you need the words?
嗯 非常需要
Yes, I need them very much.
你说了就算数 不准食言而肥
If you ever say them, I’ll never let you take them back.
高兴了吧
You glad?
嗯 高兴
Yes, I’m glad.
嗨 艾迪
Hello, Eddie.
嗨
Hi.
-生意如何 -淡季
-How’s business? -Slow.
-手怎么了 -在一家叫阿瑟的店发生了意外
-Something wrong with your hand? -I had an accident. A place called Arthur’s.
你这样看起来还好嘛
You seem to do all right that way.
我的表现比之前降低两成 或许更多
My game is about 20% off, maybe more.
-有人侵犯你了吗 -有个混♥蛋♥扭伤了我的拇指
-Did somebody step on your hand? -A big creep broke my thumbs.
是个叫特克的家伙吗
A man named Turk?
你倒是交游广阔呢
You know everybody, don’t you?
知己知彼 百战百胜嘛 挺划算的
Everybody who can hurt me or help me. It pays.
-你应该传授一下 -报名啊
-You should give me lessons. -Sign up.
去哪儿报
Where do I sign?
我想到的第一等对手赛 是在肯塔基州的路易斯维尔
The first match I have in mind is in Louisville, Kentucky.
老哥 说出地点来 我必奉陪
Name the place, boss, I’ll be there.
-怎么啦 -告诉过你的 拇指扭伤啦
-What happened? -Like I told you, my thumbs.
不是说你的拇指 你说过啦
I don’t mean the thumbs. You already told me.
-我一直在想 -想什么呢
-I’ve been thinking. -Thinking about what?
也许现阶段我不是 一块什么好料
Maybe I’m not such a great piece of property right now.
四分之一匹的丝绸 胜过整匹的粗布
A 25% slice of something big is better than a 100% slice of nothing.
来两杯饮料
Give us a couple of drinks.
威士忌
J.T.S. Brown.
-先生 晚安 -晚安
-Good evening, sir. -‘Evening.
-给我们一个安静点的好位子 -是 这边请
-Give us a nice quiet table. -Yes, sir, right this way.
用餐前要不要喝点什么
Would you like a drink before dinner?
好吗
Okay?
陈年无甜味的雪利酒
Sherry, very old, very dry.
两杯
Two.
雪利酒
Sherry?
-这地方挺棒 你真美 -我感觉不错
-It’s a nice joint. You look very pretty. -I feel pretty.
-有什么好笑的吗 -你的领带
-What’s so funny? -Your tie.
没见过你打领带
I’ve never seen you wear one before.
凡事总有头一遭嘛
There’s a first time for everything.
嗯 这样挺好
Yeah, that’s great.
抱歉
Excuse me.
艾迪 敬你
To you, Eddie.
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
艾迪 那是什么
What is it, Eddie?
再来一杯吗
Want another drink?
你要告诉我什么事
What do you want to tell me?
我要出城一下
I’ll be leaving town for a little while.
多久
For how long?
-还不知道 -一星期 一年
-I don’t know. -A week, a year?
-一星期左右吧 总会回来的 -当然
-More like a week. I’ll be back. -Sure.
回家吧
Let’s go home.
计程车
Taxi!
-不要 我要走路 -过来这儿
-No, I’ll walk. -Come here.
最好穿些干爽的衣服
Better get some dry things on.
-你不想知道我要去哪儿吗 -不想
-Don’t you want to know where I’m going? -No.
我是想知道你去做什么 可是却不想问
Yes, I want to know what for, but I don’t want to ask.
我要和一个朋友 去肯塔基州的路易斯维尔
I’m going to Kentucky, to Louisville with a friend.
我需要钱 想去看看能不能赚点钱
I’m going to try to make some money. I need it.
一大早就要动身
I’ll leave early in the morning.
-现在就走 -别孩子气了
-Leave now. -Grow up.
我♥干♥嘛要走
Why should I?
我要去那儿 和一个叫做芬德利的家伙赌撞球
I’m going there to play pool with a guy named Findley.
我需要一点激励 也需要钱
I need the action and I need the money.
告诉过你我会回来嘛
I told you I’d be back.
如果你打算要回来
If you were returning,
就不会带我出来又买♥♥了洋装给我
you wouldn’t have taken me out or bought this dress.
你骗我 永远都在骗我
You’re hustling me. You’ve never stopped hustling me.