Will you say that to me, too?
艾迪 怎么啦
What happens, Eddie?
你去找个有钱的老头吧
You find another rich old lover.
没错 你一定会帮我找到对象
That’s right. And I’m sure you’ll help me!
你想要看我掉眼泪
Are you waiting for me to cry?
你这个败类
You bum!
只会打撞球的败类
You poolroom bum!
-给我一瓶啤酒 -好
-Give me a bottle of beer. -Right.
-你手气怎样 -赚了一点钱
-How did you make out? -I made a few bucks.
-打牌 -对
-Poker game? -Yeah.
我可以加入吗
Is it open?
可以
It’s open.
-想喝点什么 -啤酒
-What will you have? -Give me a beer.
-好吗 -请坐
-Okay? -Sit down.
-最高是多少 -一块半
-What’s the limit? -Half and a dollar.
-给我10块的赌注 -10块
-Give me $10 worth of chips. -$10.
-给我20 -20
-Make it $20. -$20.
切牌
Cut.
发牌
Deal.
-威士忌 -两杯
-Bourbon. J.T.S. Brown. -Two.
我请你
I’m buying.
我还以为你只喝牛奶
I thought you only drank milk.
-只有上班的时候 -怎么会
-Only when I work. -Yeah? Why?
我喜欢牛奶 很有营养
I like it. It’s good for you.
赌博的时候喝酒
If you’re gambling,
输钱也比较坦荡 不过对你来说没差吧
whiskey gives you an excuse for losing. You don’t need that.
-你牌打得怎样 -输了20块
-How did you make out in the poker game? -I lost $20.
你不适合打牌啦
Poker’s not your game.
-那我适合什么 -打撞球
-What is? -Pool.
你在讽刺我
Are you being cute?
我从没看过像你这么厉害的撞球高手
No pool player shoots better pool than you shot the other night at Ames.
-很有天份 -我有天份 那缺点是什么
-You have talent. -So I have talent. So what beat me?
-耍个性 -是喔
-Character. -Yeah, sure.
没错 每个人都有天份 我也有天份
You’re damn right, I’m sure. Everybody has talent. I have talent.
你以为有天份就能成为撞球高手
You think you can play big-money pool
或是牌局之王
or poker for 40 hours with only talent?
肥子成为全国顶尖高手 是因为他有天份 才不是
Is Fats the best in the country just because he has talent? No.
是因为他有一种不同凡响的特质
He has more character in one finger than you have in your body.
-我那晚喝醉了 -你们喝的一样多
-I got drunk. -He drank as much whiskey as you did.
-他酒量很好 -我知道
-He knows how to drink. -You bet he knows how.
你觉得那也是天份
You think that’s a talent, too?
你以为肥子天生就会喝酒
You think Fats was born knowing how to drink?
你想要我怎样 跪下来跟你磕头
Okay, what do I do now? Lie down and bow from the ankles?
-你要我回家 -随便你想怎样
-What do I do, go home? -That’s your problem.
还是应该留下来
Or do I stay?
等到我有钱 再去挑战肥子
Stay until I hustle up enough to play Fats again.
说不定到时候 我就会比较有特质
Maybe, by that time, I’ll have developed some character.
说不定你到时候就上西天了
Maybe, by that time, you’ll die of old age.
-你要多少钱 -一千
-How much will you need? -$1,000.
起码要三千吧
At least $3,000.
他一开始就会跟你赌五百 然后你马上就倾家荡产
He’ll start at $500 a game, and he’ll beat the pants off you.
他跟玩家都是这样赌的
That’s the way he plays against a man who knows the way the game is.
然后看你打得怎样 他会再跟你赌个几局
He’ll beat you five times or more, depending on your nerves.
他也可能会怕你 说不定到时候情况会不同
He might be scared of you. That could change things, but don’t count on it.
你怎么会知道这么多
How do you know when nobody knows that much?
你有看到外面停的那辆车吗
Did you see that big car parked outside?
那是我的车 我很喜欢我的车
Well, that’s mine. I like that car.
我每年都买♥♥新车
I get a new one every year,
因为我对你跟他这种人太了解了
because I know what guys like you and him will do.
我那晚因为你赚到的钱 可以买♥♥两辆汽车
I made enough off you the other night to pay for it twice over.
那你应该再请我喝一杯吧
In that case, you owe me another drink.
艾迪
Eddie?
-不介意我说几句吧 -你干嘛问这种问题
-May I get personal? -What have you been so far?
艾迪 你真是个天生的败类
Eddie, you’re a born loser.
你什么意思
What’s that supposed to mean?
我第一次看到肥子这么紧张
It was the first time I’d ever seen Fats hooked, really hooked.
-但是你却放过他 -我喝醉了嘛
-But you let him off. -I got drunk.
我知道啊 所以输了也是理所当然
Sure you did. You have the best excuse for losing.
这种借口最好用了
No trouble losing when you have a good excuse.
不过赢钱就没那么容易是吧
But winning, that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey.
你不要再为自己找借口了
You can drop that load with an excuse.
真的很可悲
You have to learn to feel sorry for yourself.
自衰自怜是最糟糕不过的事
It’s one of the best indoor sports,
大家都会犯的毛病
feeling sorry for yourself, and enjoyed by all.
-特别是那些天生败类 -谢谢你的酒
-Especially the born losers. -Thanks for the drink.
-说不定我可以帮你 -帮我♥干♥嘛
-Wait. Maybe I can help you. -To do what?
-筹出三千块 再去挑战肥子 -为什么
-Get the $3,000, play Fats again. -Why?
我可以想出十几个理由 对我来说也有好处
Ten reasons, maybe fifteen. Also there’s something in it for me.
-我想也是 要抽多少 -七成五
-I figured that. How much? -75%.
-谁要抽 -我
-For who? -For me.
也未免太高了吧 你以为自己是大公♥司♥
That’s a big slice. Who do you think you are, General Motors?
你觉得自己的价值是多少
How much do you think you are worth these days?
我帮你筹钱和准备 要是你赢了 我当然可以抽七成五
I’m supplying the money and time, for that I get 75% return, if you win.
-你觉得我会输吗 -你一天到晚输啊
-You think I can lose? -That’s all I’ve seen.
-你明明就有看到我赢一万八 -你想赌撞球
-You saw me win $18,000. -You want to hustle pool, don’t you?
这又不是足球赛 也不是照里程付钱
The game isn’t like football. Nobody pays you for yardage.
你就好好打 专心一点
When you hustle, you keep score real simple.
比赛结束时 数数自己的钱 看谁比较厉害
At the end of the game, you count your money to find out who is best.
那你干嘛要找我 何不去别人 然后再赚大钱
Why back me, then? Back yourself, play poker and get rich.
我的钱以经够多了 我比较喜欢刺♥激♥
I am already rich, but I like action.
你正是我要的那种刺♥激♥
That’s one thing you’re good for, action.
更何况你这么有天份
Besides, like I say, you’ve got talent.
你已经说过了
You already told me that.
要是你不抽那么多 我们还可以谈一谈
You cut that slice down to bite-size, and maybe we can talk.
不需要谈了 我从来都不改 一向是七成五和二成五
We don’t talk. I don’t make bad bets. It is 75%-25%.
-去死吧 -等等
-Kiss off. -Wait.
-那你要怎么筹钱 -我到别的地方去想办法
-What’ll you do about the money? -There are places. I’ll scuffle around.
艾迪 大家都知道了 只要有机会 他们就会伤害你
The word’s out on you, Eddie. In the wrong place, they’ll eat you alive.
你什么时候收留我的
When did you adopt me?
我也不知道
I don’t know when it was.
阿瑟撞球场
-你好 -你好
-Hi. -Hi.
你这个走运的家伙 我不想玩了
You lucky punk. I quit you!
要不要打一场啊
Do you want in, friend?
-你们赌多少 -五号♥球1块 九号♥球2块
-How much are you playing for? -$1 on the five. $2 on the nine.
-我随便打几场就好 -没问题
-I’ll play a couple of games, just for kicks. -Okay, friend.
我不想再玩了
That’s it for me.
我也不想打了
That does it for me, too.
-你也不玩了 -你打得还蛮好的
-Are you quitting, too? -You’re a pretty good player.
-你赢多少 -几块钱而已
-How much are you ahead? -A couple of bucks.
-只剩下我们两个 -看样子好像是吧
-It’s just you and me. -I guess it is, boy. Just you and me.
想把赌注提高吗 五号♥球2块 九号♥球5块
Do you want to raise the bet? $2 on the five. $5 on the nine.
小子 你还真是个老油条
You know, kid, I think maybe you’re a hustler.
-那可不 -开球
-Try me. -Shoot.

Okay.
你真的想赌
You sure you don’t want to quit, friend?
我们就干脆一点好了 谁赢谁就拿1百块
Let’s cut out the small stuff. $100 freeze-out.
一场十块 打十场 谁赢谁就把钱拿走
Ten games at $10 a game, the winner takes all.
看看谁比较厉害
Then we’ll see who quits.
好 赌就赌
Okay, friend, you’re on.
-你选 -正面
-Call it. -Heads.
算你赢
You win.
最好不要失手 老兄
You better not miss, friend.
我稳得很 只是你在那儿瞎搅和
I don’t rattle, kid. But just for that,
看我来好好收拾你
I’m going to beat you flat!
一号♥球
That’s one.
五号♥球
That’s five.
六号♥球
That’s six.
十号♥球
That’s ten.
你这不入流的痞子 给钱 一百元
You two-bit punk, come on. Pay up, $100!
-不玩啦 老兄 -不玩啦
-You quitting, friend? -Yes, I’m quitting.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!