And there was a man who lived across the street by the name of Avery Cockersham.
寇克申?警方记录有他的名字
-[ Sam ] Cockersham? That name was in the police report.
没错
That’s right.
他怎么没出庭作证?
– So how come he didn’t testify?
法官不接受警方记录
– The judge threw the police report out.
寇克申搬走,从此下落不明
Cockersham left town. Nobody could find ‘im.
是两个黑人,他们冲进来扫射
It was two colored guys. They just walked in, they started shootin’.
快报♥警♥
Call the cops.
警方说命案有种族仇恨动机
Now, according to the police, the murders were racially motivated.
那家酒吧不做黑人生意
The bar didn’t serve blacks, so, naturally, this crazy nigger, Rubin Carter,
所以那个黑鬼鲁本卡特 就拿白人开刀
had to take out his vengeance on the entire white race.
这是1966年的11F号♥证物 等等,这是什么?
This is Exhibit 1 1-F. This is 1 966.
1966年的开庭记录
– What are you talking about? Where are you? – Trial transcripts, 1 966.
魏派蒂说 卡特的车尾灯跟凶车的很像
Valentine first said… the car’s taillights were similar to the getaway car.
1976年她又说
– ”Similar.” – Right. Then in ‘7 6, Exhibit 8♥9♥-♥C, she says, quote,
卡特的车毫无疑问就是凶车
”The Carter car was unquestionably the same car. There was no doubt.”
没错
– Closed quote. – Exactly.
这点很可疑
– Kind of makes you wonder, doesn’t it? -[ Laughing ]
十年后她在第二场审判中 突然改变了证词
Second trial, ten years later, suddenly she changes her story.
她画的图案像个蝴蝶结
She drew a picture, like a bow tie.
在这儿
Yeah, yeah. I got it here.
凶车的车尾灯就像蝴蝶一样
”Taillights lit up all across the back like a butterfly, as the killer’s car drove away.”
像蝴蝶一样
” Like a butterfly.”
我们得先找到鲁本的那种车型
So the first thing we have to do is find out exactly what Rubin’s car looked like.
66年份的道奇波列罗
– We need to find a ’66 Dodge Polara. – Mm-hmm.
这辆车也有像蝴蝶结的车尾灯
[ Lisa ] There’s the bow-tie lights, like Patty Valentine described.
我看不见得
– I’m not so sure about that. -[ Terry ] You ready?
好了吗? 好了
– Yeah. – Yeah.
瞧,没有全部亮起来
See that? They don’t light up all the way.
那是道奇蒙纳哥 你们别买♥♥那辆
Oh, yeah, that’s a Dodge Monaco. You don’t want one of those.
马力不够,这一辆比较好
They don’t have the power. I’ll make you a good deal on this one.
狗屎
Shit.
蒙纳哥?
Monaco?
“贝娄,骗子”
“艾特有不在场证明?”
“检察官反对卡特新审判”
“布德莱,骗子”
卡特先生
Mr. Carter?

Yeah.
我奉命带你走
I was told to get you.
带我走?奉谁的命?
Get me? By whom?
典狱长要见你
The warden wants to see ya.
为什么?
– For what?
我不知道
– I don’t know.
开门
Open up, Al.
卡特先生
[ Man ] Mr. Carter.
管理一栋监狱并不简单
I have a difficult job running this place,
但是我办到了,还管理得很好
but I do it. I do it really well.
半夜三点你把我找来 就只想说这些?
You called me down here at 3:00 in the morning to tell me that?
我什么都听得到
I hear things. I hear everything.
你听到什么?
[ Scoffs ] What have you heard, Warden?
听说会出事,我不希望出事
I hear something’s goin’ down.
我不想要有麻烦事
I don’t want a mess, something that I can’t clean up.
这跟我的案子有关吗?
This doesn’t have anything to do with my case, does it?
每天都有麻烦
Shit happens every day,
我只是想先警告你
and I wanna warn you, that’s all.
有人想要你的命
Somebody tries to take you down, something gets started,
这种事我也无能为力
I can’t stop it.
你明白吗?
You understand me?
你建议我怎么办?
What do you suggest I do?
设法活下去
Stay alive.
你的朋友也一样
And that goes for your friends too.
警卫
Guard!
什么人?
[ Woman ] Who is it?
我们找艾佛瑞寇克申
We’re looking for an Avery Cockersham.
寇先生住这儿吗?
Do the Cockershams live here?
我是寇太太,有什么事?
I’m Mrs. Cockersham. What do you want?
你是黑人耶
You’re black.
你是白人耶
You’re white.
早上烤好的,你吃白的
Baked fresh this morning. You take the white one.
那附近有很多黑人
Yeah, there were plenty colored folks in the neighborhood…
酒吧里也有
and in the bar too.
我和艾佛瑞常去
– Avery and me were regulars.
那家酒吧也做黑人生意?
– They served blacks in the bar?
我们还能记帐呢
We had a runnin’ tab.
种族仇恨动机不是真的
So much for the racial motive.
我先生看到凶手
My Avery got a good look at those men,
不是鲁本卡特,他跟警方说了
and it wasn’t Rubin Carter.
他一直跟他们说
He told the police. He told them and he told them.
他甚至替那个警探签下证词 你们知道嘛
He even signed a statement for that detective. You know the one. Heavyset.
挺壮的,像只戴眼镜的牛头犬
Look like a bulldog with glasses.
狄培斯
– Della Pesca.
就是他
– That’s the one.
我们可以跟你先生谈谈吗?
Could we, uh, talk with your husband?
他死了
Avery’s dead.
他在审判前就死了
He died just before the trial.
很遗憾
I’m sorry.
“种族仇恨动机”
“威廉马林,受害人”
“魏派蒂,主要证人”
Here’s stuff I wanna check out.
你们以为这是哪里?
Who the fuck you think you are?
这里像是多伦多吗?
Does this look like Toronto to you?
你说什么?
Excuse me?
你们竟敢跑来问东问西
You’ve got some nerve comin’down here, pokin’ your nose where it don’t belong.
加拿大先生,我问你
Let me ask you something, Mr. Canada.
你对这地方知道多少?
What the fuck do you know about this place, huh?
你们知道什么? 你们懂个屁,让我告诉你们
You know anything? You don’t know shit. Let me enlighten you…
你们不知道自己在干嘛
because you don’t know what you’re doing.
你们不知道你们有多少敌人
You are makin’ enemies that you don’t know exist.
我们知道你
– Huh? – We know about you.
你们什么都不知道 也不了解这地方
You don’t know shit about me. You understand? You don’t know shit about this place,
再告诉你一句 这地方不欢迎你们
so let me tell ya something else. You’re not welcome here. You’re not fuckin’ welcome here.
明白吗?给我滚回去
You got that? Go back to where you belong.
拉撒得上学
Lesra’s gonna have to get on with school,
我们想暂时把他送回去
so we might want to send him back for a while.
我知道,这样最好
– I understand. It’s probably the best. – Yeah.

– Yeah.
你们呢?
– What about you?
这比我们预期的更花时间
Oh, it’s– it’s gonna take a little longer than we thought.
你还好吧?
You are all right?
还好
Yeah.
我经常问我自己
I’ve asked myself, Lisa,
我能不能像你们这样 为别人牺牲奉献?
if I could do for anyone… what you and Sam and Terry and Lesra have done for me, and the answer is no.
我不能,如果你们想要回家 不
So, if you feel like you need to go home for any reason,
我都能了解
I’ll understand.
我要你了解,我们不会走
No, you’ve gotta understand we’re not– we’re not leaving without you.
好吗?
All right?
我们会找到证据
And we’re gonna find something.
我发现一个人,巴布亚力
well, I found something, a fellow by the name of Barbieri.
他是私家调查员
He’s a private investigator.
第二次审判时检方请他帮忙
Prosecution hired him in the second trial.
他不是辞职了吗?
Didn’t he resign from the case or something?
没错,他只交回一些照片 以及证物,但是没有笔记
He quit and turned in his murder book and crime-scene photos, list of evidence, but no notes.
谁跟他谈过?
Anyone talk to him?
麦伦找到他
Myron tracked him down.
他说了什么?
– What’d he say?
没说什么,他很怕
– Nothin’. He was scared.
他怕谁?
– Of whom?
怕他的上司
– Of the people he was workin’ with.
巴太太?
– Mrs. Barbieri?
巴小姐
– Miss.
巴先生在吗?
Hello. Uh, is Mr. Barbieri in?
我没结婚
There isn’t any mister.
唐米尼巴布亚力?