赢了
I won.
你赢了多少场比赛?
How many fights have you won?
十一场
Eleven.
输了多少场?
And how many have you lost?
没输过 暂时没输过
– None. – So far.
你什么时候打算转职业?
Just when were you planning on turning professional?
沃尔特 这不关你事
– Dad, I don’t think – This does not concern you, Walter.
年轻人 回答我的问题
I asked you a question, young man.
医生说 我可能会获德运动奖学金
Doc says I could get an athletic scholarship.
有可能上匹兹堡大学
Maybe to Pitt.
你跟沃尔特一样 要上哈佛大学
Like Walter, you will go to Howard.
毕业后 你应该选择从医
And after Howard, should you choose to become a doctor,
打拳对你双手没好处
you will not be doing your hands any good
把他们打到在擂台上 你会吗?
pummeling them in a boxing ring, will you?
如果我是你♥爸♥ 你知我会怎跟你说?
You know, Coleman, if I were your father, do you know what I would tell you now?
– 你是我爸爸 – 我倒不敢肯定
– You are my father. – I’m not at all sure.
我还以为哲沙医生才是你♥爸♥
I was thinking Doc Chizner was your father.
他只是我的教练
He’s my coach. That’s all.
他教我打拳 你是我爸爸
He teaches me how to fight. You’re my father.
如果我是你♥爸♥ 你猜我会怎跟你说?
Well, if I were your father, do you know what I would tell you now?
我会说 你今天赢了 很好
I would say, “You won today. Good.
你可以挟着 长胜将军之名退休了
Now you can retire undefeated.”
你现在退休了
You’re retired.
失陪了 我需要赶火车
If you’ll excuse me, I don’t wish to be late for my train.
小伙子!
Boy!
什么事?
Yes, sir?
这鱼熟过头了
This fish is overcooked.
先生 非常抱歉 我马上处理
Very sorry. I will attend to it right away, sir.
懦夫一世死几回
Cowards die many times before their death.
勇者只尝死亡一次
The valiant only taste death but once.
我听过的流言之中
Of all the rumors that I yet have heard,
最诧异的是人竟要害怕死亡
it seems to me most strange that men should fear
一个无可避免
seeing that death, a necessary end,
要来临便来临的终结
will come when it will come.
克拉伦·希尔克熟悉凯撒大帝
Clarence Silk knew well these words from Julius Caesar.
这几句话 他博览群书
He was a man of great intellect,
勇往正前 当仁不让
unflinching courage, and an uncompromising honor.
而最重要的 是他尽忠于家庭
But above all else, he was devoted to his family.
他太太多萝西 以及孩子子们 沃尔特与科尔曼
His wife, Dorothy, his sons, Walter and Coleman,
和他的掌上明珠 小争儿艾妮丝汀
and his pride and joy, young Ernestine.
克拉伦·希尔克是我最敬重的人上人
Clarence Silk was the finest man I’ve ever met.
科尔曼?
Coleman?
你要当值吗? 今晚?
You’re on duty? Tonight?
这样对我舒服点
It’s better this way. For me, anyway.
妈 我从来不认识他
I never knew him, Mom.
谈不上认识
Not really.
我不知道他是怎样
I didn’t have any idea what he went through
日复一日的捱苦
day after day after day.
乖儿子 我想他也不愿意 你知道
I don’t believe he wanted you to know, dear.
他不以为有需要
He couldn’t see the point
但问题是
The point is
只要你是有色人种
if you’re colored
不管你有多少学识 你只配在餐车工作
it doesn’t matter how much you know. You work in the dining car.
他是为了你
He did that so you wouldn’t have to.
科尔曼 你不用担心
Coleman, you don’t have to worry.
爸爸的保险 你的成绩
Your father’s insurance and your academic record
你一定可以考上哈佛
will see to it that you get into Howard.
沃尔特跟我讲太多哈佛的事了
I heard all about Howard from Walt.
他说他们老讲黑人
He said they’re always talking about the Negro people
说什么我们黑人
about “we, the Negro people.”
我不懂政♥治♥ 不明白“我们”是谁
I’m not a political person, Mom. I don’t understand who this “we” is.
那你以为自己是谁
Who do you think you are?
– 我知道自己是谁 – 你需要为自己的种族感到骄傲
– I know who I am. – You need to be proud of your race.
那我自己呢?
What about me?
我只为我自己 感到骄傲又怎样?
What about just being proud of being me?
命是我的 我不可以作主吗?
It’s my life. Or don’t I get any say in the matter?
我不够你聪明 不懂跟你争辨
Coleman, I’m not clever enough to argue with you.
那就别争了 我们别争辨了
Then don’t. Don’t let’s argue.
妈 我爱你 但别叫我上哈佛
I love you, Mom. But don’t ask me to go there.
科尔曼 你十八岁还不到
Coleman, you’re barely eighteen years old.
你有打算?
What are you going to do?
请坐
Have a seat.
有登记证吗?
You have a registration card?

Yes
“人种”
“白人”
年轻人 欢迎加入海军
Welcome to the Navy, young man.
律师怎么说?
So what did the lawyer say?
他比较担心法利斯吧?
He was more worried about Lester Farley?
对 我不要讨论他
Yeah. I don’t want to talk about Lester Farley.
我可以应付他
Anyway, I can handle him
是你告诉我法利斯患精神病
Coleman, you yourself told me that Lester Farley is a psychotic
两次被关入 退伍军人医院的精神科
who’s been locked up in the mental ward at the VA hospital. Twice!
我来问你
Let me ask you something.
上次警♥察♥没出现的话
What do you think would have happened last night
会怎样收场?
if the police hadn’t shown up when they had?
法利斯不会就此人间蒸发、
Lester Farley is not going to just disappear off the face of the earth.
这些事情会再发生 到时
This kind of thing is going to happen again,
下一次你可能没那么好运
and when it does, next time uh, you might not be so lucky.
那我就该丢下她 任她死活算了?
So… I just throw her to the wolves. It’s just like that, huh?
我不担心她 我担心的是你
I’m not thinking about her. I’m thinking about you.
对她来说 性等同于被出♥卖♥♥♥
Nathan. She’s waiting for that. To her, sex and betrayal are synonymous.
男人每次犯错
Coleman, every mistake a man can make usually has a sexual accelerator.
通常都有性事推波助澜 水能载舟 亦能覆舟
The things that restore you can also destroy you.
是 我知道
Yeah, I know that.
我也跟你讲 我才不管
And I’ll tell you something I don’t give a damn
这些事情是有代价的
These things don’t come without a cost.
瞧瞧 这里都发生了什么
Look-Look what’s happening here
他们都说你令她怀孕
People are saying that you got her pregnant
她堕胎及企图自杀
and she had an abortion and tried to kill herself
嗯哼 他们还说什么? 内森
Uh-huh. And what else are they saying, Nathan?
他们还说什么? 内森
Hm? What else are they saying, Nathan?
你别这样看我
Don’t you look at me like that.
我知道这都是废话 我是你朋友 记的吗?
I know this is bullshit. I’m your friend, remember?
是朋友就好了!
Then act like a friend!
别批评我 也别批评她!
Stop judging me, and stop judging her!
老天!
Jesus Christ!
那你想我怎么说?
So what do you want me to say?
承认我跟这女人之间
I just want you to acknowledge that
发生了重要关系
something important is taking place between me and this woman
我们的关系值得尊重
Something that’s worthy of respect.
你说的对 这事绝对跟性有关
I guess you were right. This really is about great sex.
哦 也去你♥妈♥的♥
Oh, fuck you, too.
科尔曼!
Coleman! Coleman.

Okay
不错 她不是我的初恋情人 不错 她不是我的至爱
Granted, she’s not my first love. Granted, she’s not my great love.
但她肯定是我最后一个情人
But she sure as hell is my last love.
那不重要吗?
Doesn’t that count for something?
值的陪上性命吗?
Enough to risk getting killed for?
我不怕死
I’m not afraid of dying, Nathan.
我没跑到树林里的茅屋避世
I’m not the one who ran off to a cabin in the woods to hide.
为我跳舞
Dance for me.
就为我跳一支
One dance, for me.
当然 为何不可?
Sure. Why not?
为何不可?
Why not?
这比性重要
This is more than sex.
不 你错了 你只是忘记了性是什么
No, it’s not. You just forgot what sex is.
我忘了?
Did I?
别爱上我
Don’t fall in love with me, Coleman.
我们只是 孤男寡女此时此地共处一室
We’re just a man and a woman, in a room, alone, right here, right now.
并无其他 别坏了好事
Nothing else matters. Don’t fuck it up.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!