Here’s Mom taking a break from her household chores…
甚至连爸爸也玩得起劲
and even Dad is swinging into the act!
卡片信件贺辞
Cards, letters, congratulations…
从肯卡基到佩塔路玛 雪片般飞来…
come pouring in from Kankakee to Petaluma…
其中包括一个特殊的长途电♥话♥
including one very special long-distance call.
打来了 他打来了
He’s on! He’s on the line!
你好 – 你好 诺维尔
Hello? – Hello, Norville.
我是总统 – 哦 天哪 总统
This is the President. – Oh, my God, sir.
祝贺你 我为你而感到非常骄傲
I just wanted to congratulate you. I’m very proud of you.
哦 天哪 总统 – 艾森豪威尔夫人为你感到非常骄傲
Oh, my God, sir. – Mrs. Eisenhower is very proud of you.
美国人♥民♥为你感到非常骄傲
The American people are very proud of you.
巴恩斯先生 你这个呼拉圈的创意是怎么来的?
Mr. Barnes, how’d you come up with the idea for the Hula-Hoop?
这并不是个伟大的创意 真的
It was no great idea, really.
这样一个东西得到了
A thing like this takes a whole company to put together.
全公♥司♥的倾力合作我很感激
I’m grateful for the opportunity.
你是否预料到会有如此大的反响?
Did you have any idea there’d be such a huge response?
坦白的说 我以为大家只会把它当作投环游戏
Frankly, I don’t think anybody expected this much hoopla.
“投环投中呼拉圈” 我们可以这么引用你的话吗 巴恩斯先生?
“Hoopla on the Hula-Hoop.” Can we quote you on that, Mr. Barnes?
当然 我想可以
Sure, I guess.
你会给自己加一笔丰厚的薪水吗?
Mr. Barnes, will you give yourself a nice, fat raise?
拜托 你们这些家伙
Come on, you guys.
(智多星:想象无♥界♥限)
什么科学原理可以解释
What scientific principle explains the mind-bending motion…
这奇迹轮子的运动?
of this whipping wheel of wonder?
这小玩意很简单 真的
The dingus is quite simple, really.
它与地球绕着太阳转
It operates on the same principles…
的原理是一样的…
that keep the Earth spinning around the sun…
这能让你
and that keeps you from flying off the Earth…
不会飞到太空去…
into the cold reaches of space…
在那里你会像只可怜的猪那样死去
where you would die like a miserable swine.
是的 原理是一样的…
Yes, the principle is the same…
除了那些他们放进去以增加乐趣的…
except for the piece of grit they put in to make the experience…
细砂子之外
more pleasant.
没错 到处都是呼啦呼啦
Yes, it’s Hula-Hula everywhere!
从派克大街舞会上的时髦人士…
From the parties of the Park Avenue smart set…
到那些想在摇摆中结婚的爱人们
to sweethearts who want to be married in the swing of things.
巴恩斯先生 董事会提拔你的时候
Mr. Barnes, did the board consider you an idea man…
是否就认为你是个”智多星”?
when they promoted you from the mailroom?
我想是的 我认为他们不会因为我是个笨蛋而提拔我
I guess so, I don’t think they promoted me because they thought I was a schmo.
你和赫德萨克工业的下一个奇妙创意是什么?
Mr. Barnes, what’s the next big idea for you and Hudsucker?
我不知道
Jesus, I don’t know.
创意就像这个可爱的孩子 不会整晚都来
An idea like this sweet baby doesn’t just come overnight.
但是我可以告诉你们一件事: 我的确没料到这一切 这呼啦圈
Although, I’ll tell you one thing, I certainly didn’t expect all this hoopla.
你们可以引用我这句话
You can quote me on that.
(智多星在踩水)
巴恩斯先生让帕斯杂♥志♥称你为今年最合格的学士
Rumpus Magazine has called you the most eligible bachelor.
社交界专栏又把你和时髦模特扎扎联♥系♥在一起
And society pages have been linking you with fashion model Za-Za.
对此你有什么看法吗?谣言就是谣言
You care to comment? – There’s no truth to the rumors.
我们只是好朋友 对吗 扎扎?
We’re just dear friends. Isn’t that right, Za-Za?

Wow.

Ooh.
对于那些认为你已经江郎才尽的讽刺你作何反应?
Whoa. How do you respond to the charges that you’re out of ideas?
诺维尔·巴恩斯不行了吗?
Has Norville Barnes run dry?
绝非如此就在这个星期 我还想到了很多新的好创意
Not at all. Just this week I came up with several new sweet ideas.
给肥胖者做个大码的 给懒人或大脑麻痹者加个电池装置
A larger model Hula-Hoop for the portly, a battery option for the lazy or spastic.
给失聪者做个加沙型的
A model with extra sand for the hard-of-hearing.
哦对我正在赚钱维持生活
I’m earning my keep.
谈谈你是否希望得到加薪?
Speaking of that, do you expect to get a raise?
所有人都知道我单手挽救了赫德萨克工业
By anyone’s account, I single-handedly have saved Hudsucker Industries.
我们股票比从前更值钱了
Our stock is worth more now than ever.
没错 我想要为此得到报酬
Yes, I expect to be compensated for that.
(智多星的罗曼史)
振作起来伙计 – 没人告诉我
Pull yourself together, man. – Nobody told me!
你把我们所有的股票都卖♥♥出去了?
You sold all our stock?
我们清♥仓♥了
We dumped the whole load.
我曾有20000股份
I had 20,000 shares!
我现在本该是百万富翁
I’d be a millionaire now.
没错我们都该是百万富翁
Sure. We’d all be millionaires.
世上没有后悔药
There’s no point in looking back.
那时斯蒂尔森认为清♥仓♥会引起市场恐慌…
At the time, Stillson thought dumping our position would panic the market…
以此来重挫股价
further depress the stock.
这样我们就可以买♥♥回更多 当然要等它便宜的时候
Then we could buy it back and more, of course, once it got cheap.
便宜?从没有这么值钱过?
Cheap? It’s never been more valuable!
我全完了 完了
And I’m ruined. Ruined!
艾迪尔森
Addison.
我要从这旋转木马上下来了
I’m getting off this merry-go-round!
麦恩
Myron.
树脂玻璃
Plexiglas.
上个星期叫人来装的
Had it installed last week.
麦恩?
Myron?
好了 这孩子妙手偶得
All right, so the kid caught a wave.
现在他和他的小玩意正值巅峰
Right now, he and his dingus are on top.
嗯 这总会过去的
Well, this too shall pass.
默特尔·J·穆斯伯格养育的孩子…
Myrtle J. Mussburger did not raise her boy to go…
不会一碰到困难就吓得走X步
knock-kneed at the first sign of adversity.
我敢说我们捧红了这个笨蛋 我们也可以毁了他
I say, we made this chump, we can break him!
我敢说 他爬得越高摔得越重
I say, the higher he climbs, the harder he drops!
我敢说是的…
I say, yes…
这孩子有这样一个未来…
the kid has a future…
在里面…
and in it…
我看到了羞愧耻辱…
I see shame, dishonor…
丑闻堕落
ignominy, disgrace.
当然 当然
Sure, sure.
音乐继续放 轮盘继续转…
The music plays, the wheel turns…
而我们的时代还没有完
and our spin ain’t over yet.
看在彼得的份上 诺维尔
For Pete’s sakes, Norville!
你躲哪儿去了?
Oh, Amy, where have you been hiding?
你知道那些笨蛋在会议室里干什么吗?
Do you know what those nincompoops in the boardroom are doing?
我可不愿叫他们笨蛋
I wouldn’t call them nincompoops.
他们打算要解雇赫德萨克8%的员工
They’re discharging 80 percent of the workforce.
单单在纽约 这就意味着1800人失业
In New York City alone, that means 1800 people out of work!
他们都有妻子孩子和家庭
People with wives, children and families!
是的 我们要去芜存精
Oh, yes, we’re pruning away some of the dead wood.
你是说你知道这些事? – 知道这些事?当然
You mean you know about this? – Know about it? Sure.
你以为没有我的许可 董事会可以做任何事吗?
You think the board would do anything without my authorization?
本来就是我的主意
It was my idea from the start.
你的… – 没错
Your… – Sure, it was.
我们正处于过渡期 事态已经缓下来了
We’re in a period of transition here. Things have slowed.
你对自己可真仁慈啊 诺维尔·巴恩斯
You’re being awfully kind to yourself, Norville Barnes.
你缓下来坐在这里什么事都不干
You’ve slowed down, sitting up here like a sultan, not doing a lick of work.
从那个圆环之后你一筹莫展
You know ideas are the lifeblood of industry…
而原因非常明显
and you haven’t come up with one since the Hoop.
你已经忘记了起先是什么 令你对自己的创意感到兴奋
You’ve forgotten what made your ideas exciting to you.
不是为了名誉与财富…
If it wasn’t for the fame, wealth, the adulation…
你们可以出去吗?
Would you get out of here?
还有你们 姐♥妹♥们♥ 快点出去
You too, sisters, move it. Out, out, out!
我一直在监视你 虽然你一直想逃避我
I’ve been watching you, even though you’ve been avoiding me.
闭嘴
Shut up!
别以为我没注意到你有多大的变化
Don’t think I haven’t noticed how you’ve changed.
我曾经以为你是个可爱的家伙
I used to think you were a swell guy.
诚实地说我认为你是个低能儿
I thought you were an imbecile.
也许我… – 闭嘴
Amy, I’m… – Shut up!
于是我就认定你是个可爱的家伙
Then I figured out you were a swell guy.
也许有点迟钝可还是个可爱的家伙
A little slow, but a swell guy.
嗯可能你没有这么迟钝 但你也没有这么可爱
Maybe you’re not so slow, oh, but you’re not so swell either.
看起来你毕竟还是个低能儿 闭嘴
Looks like you’re an imbecile, after all. Shut up!
你对我说了一个星期 现在轮到我说了
You haven’t talked to me for a week and now I’m going to say my piece.
瞧我以前从未…
Look, I’ve never been…
被一个小伙子抛弃过 这让人痛心…
dumped by a fella before, and that hurts…
可真正让人痛心的 是看着你遗失了自己的灵魂
but what really hurts is watching you outrun your soul!
追逐金钱与安逸以及董事会的尊敬…
Chasing after money and ease and the respect of a board…
他们根本瞧不起你…
that wouldn’t give you the time of day if you…