What? – On Farm Route 17?
哦对 在曼希
Oh, yes, in Muncie.
不对 维达利亚农场路17号♥ – 17对
No, Vidalia. Farm Route 17. – Oh, yes, 17, yes.
我… 嗯没有没有我从未真正地…
I… Well, no, no. I never really.
那些大学♥运♥动队的家伙要到那里约会…
The guys from the Varsity Squad would bring their dates up there to…
手牵着手
hold hands.
当然我从未进过运动队
Of course, I never made Varsity.
现在我想去一个地方
There’s a place I go now.
在格林威治村靠近我公♥寓♥ 一个非常可爱的小地方
Cutest little place near my apartment in Greenwich Village.
叫做”安娜的440″ 是一个垮掉派的酒吧
It’s called Ann’s 440. It’s a beatnik bar.
不是吧? – 是的
You don’t say? – Yes.
垮掉派的酒吧? – 你可以喝到胡萝卜汁…
A beatnik bar. – You can get carrot juice…
或是意大利咖啡 那里的人们… 嗯都稀奇古怪
or Italian coddee and the people there, well, none of them quite fit in.
你会喜欢的
You’d love it.
和我一起去吧
Why don’t you come there with me?
在新年前夕那儿会有一个诗朗诵马拉松 我每年都去
There’s a marathon poetry-reading on New Year’s Eve. I go every year.
非常不可思议 – 每年?
It’s marvelous. – Every year?
嗯 是今年 如果不错的话 我计划把它定为惯例
Well, this year, if it’s good, I plan to make it a tradition, heh.
我 额 额…
I, uh, heh…
我 这当然很漂亮 人们… 看起来像蚂蚁
My, it certainly is beautiful. The people look like ants.
印度人还有垮掉的一代也是 他们说…
Well, the Hindus say, and the beatniks also…
来生我们有些人会变成蚂蚁
that in our next lives some of us will come back as ants.
有些人变成蝴蝶有些变大象
Some will be butterflies, others will be elephants…
或是海里的动物
or creatures of the sea.
多美妙的想法
What a beautiful thought.
你认为你前生是什么?
Hey, what do you think you were in a previous life, Amy?
哦 我不知道 也许我只是…
Oh, I don’t know. Maybe I was just, uh…
一个快嘴的职业女性 觉得自己是男人中的一员
a fast-talking career gal who thought she was one of the boys.
哦不 艾蜜
Oh, no, Amy.
原谅我这么说 但我发现这将是段漫长的旅程
Pardon me for saying so, but I find that very far-fetched.
我真的有些事必须要告诉你 – 那些人回来之后
No, I have to tell you… – That person would come back…
会像只肥猪
as a wildebeest or a warthog.
我觉得你更像是一只瞪羚…
No, I find it more likely that you were a gazelle…
有着修长而优美的腿 在树丛中雀跃
with long, graceful legs, gamboling through the underbrush.
也许我们曾经相逢
Perhaps we met once.
在森林沼泽地 一次偶然相逢
A chance encounter in a forest glade.
我肯定是只羚羊或是野山羊
I must have been an antelope or an ibex.
那时我们肯定在一起寻找嫩草为食…
The times we must’ve had foraging together for sustenance…
饮取山间小溪的水…
snorfling water from a mountain stream…
为对方清除皮毛上的虫子与杂物
picking the grubs and burrs from one another’s coats.
也可能我们只是简单地碰了碰角 就分道扬镳
Or perhaps we simply touched horns briefly and went our separate ways.
哦 我真希望事情是如此简单 诺维尔
Oh, I wish it were that simple, Norville.
我希望我仍然是只瞪羚 而你是只羚羊…
I wish I was still a gazelle and you were an antelope…
或是野山羊
or an ibex.
嗯…
Well…
我可否至少叫你一声鹿(亲爱的)?…
can I at least call you “deer?”
你真好玩
You’re funny.
认真地说 艾蜜 你的垮掉派朋友称之为”因果报应”
Seriously, Amy, it’s what your beatnik friends call “karma.”
“因果报应” – 伟大的生命循环 死亡与重生
Karma. – The great circle of life, death and rebirth.
我想我听说过 就是来来回♥回♥
Yes, I think I heard of that. What goes around, comes around.
就是如此一个给予我们所应得的伟大轮回
That’s it. A great wheel that gives us all what we deserve.
我要去让席德和所有人知道 我值得他们信任
I gotta show Sid and all the guys I deserve their confidence.
明天我将对董事会作一个重要陈述
Tomorrow’s my big presentation to the board.
吻我 艾蜜 吻我一下以示祝福
Kiss me, Amy! Kiss me once for luck.
当然 诺维尔
Sure, Norville, sure.
嘘
Shh.
(请安静 董事会议进行中)
你们知道 给小孩子们的
You know, for kids!
它经济 简单 低成本
It has economy, simplicity, low production cost…
还有潜在的大量需求
potential for mass appeal.
这些将带来巨大收益
All that spells out great profitability.
我让R&D的孩子们做了这个原型…
I had the boys down at R&D throw together this prototype…
这样我们的讨论就可以有焦点…
so our discussion could have some focus…
而且让各位先生对这个令人振奋的小发明 有一个直观的印象
and to give you gentleman a firsthand look at how exciting this gizmo is.
它好玩健康适合锻炼 孩子们会喜欢的
It’s fun, healthy, good exercise, and the kids will just love it.
我们在里面放点沙子 让这种体验更为刺♥激♥
We put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
最大的特色在于我们可以不用脚和手
But the great part is we don’t have to charge an arm and a leg.
如果做完之前累了怎么办?
What if you tire before it’s done?
有什么规则吗?
Does it have rules?
可以多人参加吗? – 为什么这会是个游戏?
Can more than one play? – It’s a game?
这是个游戏吗? – 它会破吗?
Is it a game? – Will it break?
最好是最后会破 – 有目标吗?
It better break eventually. – Is there an object?
如果做完之前累了怎么办? – 它用电池吗?
What if you tire before it’s done? – Does it have batteries?
我们可以收取额外费用吗? – 对学步的孩子安全吗?
Could we charge extra for them? – Is it safe for toddlers?
怎么才能知道是否结束了?
How do you know you’re finished?
怎么停下来
How does it stop?
那是一个男孩的型号♥吗? – 父母可以自己装配吗?
Is that a boy’s model? – Can a parent assemble it?
如果做完之前累了怎么办?
What if you tire before it’s done?
有没有更大的型号♥给那些胖子?
Is there a larger model for the obese?
那到底是什么?
What the hell is it?
嗯 这是…
Well, it’s a… It’s a…
它是…
It’s a…
太棒了
Brilliant!
天才
Genius.
这确实就是赫德萨克企业 在这关键时刻所需要的
It’s exactly what Hudsucker Industry needs at this juncture.
当然 当然
Sure, sure.
即使是瞎子也会告诉你将会有多么大的需求量…
Even a blind man can tell you there’ll be an enormous demand for this, uh…
对于这个…
This…
祝贺你
Congratulations, kid.
你超越了自我 重塑了轮子
You’ve outdone yourself. You’ve reinvented the wheel.
我将向董事会建议我们马上将…
I’ll recommend to the board that we proceed immediately and that the, uh…
这个…
And that the, uh…
小玩意以更慎重的速度大量生产
dingus be mass-produced with all deliberate speed.
虽然你意识到了…
Although, you realize…
当然…
of course…
作为总裁…
as president…
最大的决定权在于你
the ultimate decision is yours.
我赞成
Oh. I’m for it.
我们会叫它 会飞的面包圈
We’ll call it the Flying Doughnut!
摇摆小玩意
The Dancing Dingus!
胃转转
The Belly-Go-Round.
摆摆乐
The Swingerina!
古怪圆圈
The Wacky Circumference!
肚子叔叔
Uncle Midriff!
(这值多少?)
(单个成本:59 建议零售价:79)
我们需要一些简短的 – 强烈的
We need something short! – Sharp!
爽快的 – 带点爵士的
Snappy! – With a little jazz!
爵士乐迷
The Shazzammeter!
转身变
The Hipster!
O爸爸
The Daddy-O!
圆环傻瓜 – 赫德摇摆
The Hoopsucker. – The Hudswinger.
圆环傻瓜 – 赫德摇摆
The Hoopsucker! – The Hudswinger!
圆环傻瓜 – 赫德摇摆
The Hoopsucker! – The Hudswinger!
伙计们 – 你有什么点子?
Fellas! – You got something?
你想到了什么?
You got something?
伙计们 我有个点子
Fella, I got something!
(呼拉圈)
女士们
Ladies.
哇
Wow.
诺维尔
Norville!
洛克威尔新闻敬献: 时代珍闻
Rockwell News presents, Tidbits of Time.
世界新闻画面报道 我们没有骗你
World news in pictures, we kid you not.
“1958年老人”蹒跚地走向尽头…
As Old Man 1958 hobbles towards his finish…
巴恩斯这个名字在美国变得家喻户晓
Barnes is the name on every American lip.
诺维尔·巴恩斯 赫德萨克工业的年轻总裁…
Norville Barnes, young president of Hudsucker Industries…
这个生长在中部的男孩 现在成了纽约的大人物
a boy bred in the heartland, but now the toast of New York.
聪明的巴恩斯发明了 美国最为狂热的风潮:呼拉圈
Barnes is the brainy inventor of America’s craziest craze:
呼啦圈
The Hula-Hoop!
这给他的公♥司♥带来了巨大收益 并赢得了美国…
Reaping huge profits for his company and winning the hearts…
每个年青人的心与喝彩
and hips of every youngster in America!
我说过是年青人吗?
Woo-ho. Did I say youngster?
这位妈妈正忙里偷闲…