展翅高飞 – 展翅高飞
Go, Eagles! Heh. – Go, Eagles!
“当曼希…” 圣草显灵吧
“Once the Munce…” Holy moly!
那个家伙是从傻瓜城出来的吗?我甚至照常扯出我的老妈妈
Is this guy from Chumpsville? I even pulled the old mother routine.
腺状肿大? – 腰痛
Adenoids? – Lumbago.
呸 这个骗局把老人扯上了
Phew. That gag’s got whiskers on it.
我告诉你赫德萨克董事会肯定在搞什么事
I tell you, the Hudsucker board’s up to something.
形容视丘下部痛苦的2个字单词是什么?
What’s a six-letter word for an affliction of the hypothalamus?
这很肯定 高特 – 这家伙肯定不知内情
And it’s a cinch… Goiter. – This guy isn’t in on it.
她就在这儿 – 安排最新的末版还有多少时间?
She’s right here. – How much time to make the late final?
头儿 – 嗨头儿
Chief. – Tsk. Hiya, chief.
我只想对你说抱歉
Just the person I wanted to apologize to.
差不多7分钟 – 耶 对于你的智多星 我完全搞错了
About seven minutes. – Yeah, I was all wet about your Idea Man.
哦 谢谢海涵 在凡人中你是如此神圣
Well, thanks for being so generous. It is human and you are divine.
不 他不是个冒牌货
No, he’s no faker.
他是个100%的真品 谨防假冒童叟无欺
He’s 100 percent real McCoy, beware of imitations, genuine article.
如果用三个字来形容的话 这家伙是个真正的”低能儿”
The guy’s a real moron, as in a five-letter word for imbecile.
我碰到过的最纯粹的标本 好的
Oh, as pure a specimen as I’ve ever run across. Okay.
如果我不是个中老手…
If working at the Argus doesn’t make me an expert…
那我就不叫艾蜜·阿尔切 也从未得过普利策奖
then my name isn’t Amy Archer and I never won the Pulitzer Prize.
在1957
In 1957.
我的 额 我的三胞胎重逢系列
My, oh, my series on the reunited triplets.
就会出来了 蠢蛋 你会见识到的
Well, come down here, hammerhead, and I’ll show it to you!
形容不能飞的鸟的3个字母单词是什么?
What’s a three-letter word for a flightless bird?
现在不行 我正忙
Not now, I’m busy.
是的 我说过”蠢蛋”是用来形容
Right, I said, “hammerhead,” as in a 10-letter word for a smug…
自大又盛气凌人的报业者的2个字单词
bullying newspaper man.
是角马G-N-U 谁不会发现… 那是G-N-U
Gnu. Who couldn’t find… That’s G-N-U.
用罗盘地图和向导也无法找到 纽约州大厦的人
Couldn’t find the Empire State Building with a compass, map and a guide.
或者是鸸鹋?那只是马铃薯 这才是肉汤
Or is it Emu? That’s just potatoes. Here comes the gravy.
那个笨蛋真的很喜欢我
The chump really likes me.
一个曼希的姑娘 – 最好别爱上蛇蝎美人
Ah. A Muncie girl! – Better off falling for a rattlesnake.
这家伙是个替罪羊 我要找出为何如此
This guy’s just a patsy and I’m gonna find out what for.
这里面有个真正的故事 某种阴谋…
There’s a real story here, some kind of plot.
一种安排 哦 另外 我告诉过你吗?
A set-up. Oh, and say, did I tell you?
他没有为你提供资金? – 1张10元钞票
He didn’t odder you money? – A sawbuck!
10张1元的 我们去搭快车吧
Ten smackers! Let’s grab a highball!
去找诺维尔·巴恩斯 – 耶
On Norville Barnes. – Yeah.
复印
Copy!
史密斯小组可否进来拿封信?
Ms. Smith, would you come in and take a letter?
所有这些无聊的…
Of all the cockamamy…
你看了今天的曼哈顿阿耳戈斯报的头版吗?
Did you see the front page of today’s Manhattan Argus?
我没有费心去读这篇文章 我并不认为这是张准确的照片
Well, I, uh, didn’t bother to read the article. I didn’t think the picture did you justice.
照片很好
Well, the picture’s fine.
问题是下方那个愚蠢女人写的东西
It’s what that knuckle-headed dame wrote underneath.
所有这些不负责的… 把这个记下来
Of all the irresponsible… Take this down.
亲爱的阿尔切小姐:
Dear, Ms. Archer.
我称你为”小姐”是因为你好像已经完全地”错过”了渡船
I call you “Miss” because you seem to have missed the boat completely.
在你还没胆量对我进行私人采访前…
How would you know if I’m an imbecile?
怎么知道我是否是个低能儿
You didn’t have the guts to come interview me man-to-man!
把”私人”换成”面对面”
Change “man-to-man” to “face-to-face.”
不 把”面对面”改成”双目相对” 把”胆量”改成”应有的庄重”
Change “face-to-face” to “eye-to-eye” and “guts” to “common decency.”
这些对于我的智商的野蛮猜测…
These wild speculations about my intelligence…
这些荒谬的造词更适合出现在…
these preposterous inventions would be suited…
《珍奇故事杂♥志♥》上
to the pages of Amazing Tales Magazine.
如果曼哈顿阿耳戈斯报的编辑们认为…
If the editors of the Manhattan Argus see fit…
出版这些奇思异想是合适的
to publish the rantings of a disordered mind…
可能他们就会出版这份东西
perhaps they will see fit to publish this letter.
但我非常怀疑
But I most seriously doubt it.
正如我怀疑 你是否能够在《珍奇故事杂♥志♥》上找一个家…
As I doubt also that you could find a home at Amazing Tales…
这是一份我喜欢了很久的周刊
a periodical which I have enjoyed for many years.
祝好… 等等等等
Sincerely, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
就这么多 巴恩斯先生?
Is that all, Mr. Barnes?
额…
Uh…
艾蜜你比那位女士更了解我 你觉得我是个低能儿吗?
You know me, Amy, better than this dame. Do you think I’m an imbecile?
嗯 我肯定我…
Oh, well, I’m sure I…
说吧说实话我相信你 我非常重视你的观点
Tell the truth. I trust you. I place a lot of stock in your opinion.
额… – 哦当然你会有偏向
Well… – Oh, sure, heh, you’re biased.
你是个曼希人
You’re a fellow Muncian, heh.
那就让我来问你个问题: 一个低能儿会想出这样的东西吗?
But let me ask you a question: Would an imbecile come up with this?
我自己设计的
I designed it myself.
这个可爱的小东西 会重新把赫德萨克推向巅峰
This sweet baby will put Hudsucker right back on top.
你知道 给小孩子们的
You know, for kids.
我该去把这份东西打成定稿
Why don’t I just type this up?
没有必要 我不会寄出去的
Oh, no, Amy, that won’t be necessary. I shouldn’t send it.
我想她只是做她的工作罢了
She’s just doing her job, I guess.
我不知道 也许她活该
I don’t know, maybe she does deserve it.
也许她应该到这里和你私人会晤
Maybe she should have come in here and faced you man-to-man.
她可能有期限
She had a deadline.
当然 她仍然应该为拿到资料而讨你欢心
Sure, but she still could’ve gotten your side, for the record.
事情都发生了 现在埋怨有什么用?
Well, it’s done now. What’s the use of grousing about it? Ha, ha.
别去管这封信了 我只想出出气
Forget the letter, Amy, I just had to blow off some steam. Heh.
她可能只是有点困扰
She’s probably just a little confused.
“困扰?” – 她大概是个快嘴的职业女性
Confused? – She’s probably a fast-talking career gal…
觉得自己是男人中的一员 如果你明白我的意思
thinks she’s one of the boys. If you know what I mean, heh.
哦 我十分肯定 我不明白你的意思
Oh, I’m quite sure I don’t know what you mean.
她们大概对自己现在的变♥态♥心理觉得痛苦
Suffers from one of these complexes they have nowadays.
很明显
Seems pretty obvious.
她大概非常平庸而且为此而痛苦
She’s probably very unattractive and bitter about it.
哦 真的吗? – 耶
Oh, is that it? – Yeah.
她可能男性装束
She probably dresses in men’s clothing…
在当地的酒吧和男人们一起喝酒…
drinks with the guys at the watering hole…
与一些健谈的卑鄙记者买♥♥醉
hobnobs with some smooth-talking heel named Bidd…
那些叫什么比夫的 或是斯慕切 或是… – 斯米梯
or Smoocher or, uh… – Smitty.
没错 我肯定她长得难看非常难看
Exactly. I bet she’s ugly, real ugly.
不然 她的署名旁为什么没有照片?
Otherwise, why isn’t her picture next to her byline?
也许她觉得作品比外表更重要
Oh, maybe she puts her work ahead of her personal appearance.
我肯定她也是这么对自己说的
I bet that’s exactly what she tells herself.
但你我都知道 她是个干枯的痛苦的老女人
But you and I both know she’s a dried-up, bitter old maid.
下班后一起吃点饭再去看场电影怎么样?
Amy, how about we grab a little dinner and a show after work?
不如去看《国王去我》?
I was thinking maybe The King and I.
那《俄克拉荷马》呢?
Uh, how about Oklahoma!?
你对女人一无所知
Norville, you don’t know a thing about that woman!
你不了解真正的她
You don’t know who she really is.
只有傻瓜才会觉得他知道…
And only a numbskull thinks he knows things…
那些他一无所知的事情
about things he knows nothing, uh, about.
哦 到底怎么啦?
Say, what gives?
杰克逊维尔工厂的
The inventory of the Jacksonville…
库存应该减少… 15%
facility should be reduced by 15 percent.
根据席德尼·J·穆斯伯格的备忘录…
Memo from the desk of Sidney J. Mussburger…
你在干什么 阿尔切小姐?
What are you doing down there, Ms. Archer?
嗯?
Huh?
你是谁?你怎么知道我的名字?
Who are you? How did you know who I am?
我猜老摩西知道所有的事…
I suspect Old Moses knows just about everything…
至少是和赫德萨克有关的
leastways if it concerns Hudsucker.
你是谁?在这里干什么?
But who are you? What do you do here?
我维护这个老钟的运转 这老钟需要很多的照顾
I keep the old circle turning. This old clock needs plenty of care.
时间就是金钱 阿尔切小姐
Time is money, Ms. Archer.
金钱推动全球的经济…
And money drives that old global economy…
并让地球老爸持续转动
and keeps Big Daddy Earth spinning around.
看没有这些主要结构… – 耶 耶
See, without that capital formation… – Yeah, yeah.
你不会跟任何人说起我的对吗?
Say, you won’t tell anyone about me, will you?
我不会跟任何人说任何事… 除非他们问我
I don’t tell no one nothing unless they ask.
那可不是老摩西的方式
That just ain’t Old Moses’ way.
如果你觉得你对赫德萨克了如指掌…
So if you know everything about Hudsucker…
那就告诉我为什么董事会 决定让诺维尔·巴恩斯做总裁?
tell me why the board decided to make Norville Barnes president?
刚开始老摩西也为此而惊讶
Well, that even surprised Old Moses at first.
我当时觉得董事会并非那么明智 – “那么明智?”
I didn’t think the board was that smart. – “That smart”?
但后来我领悟到了
But then I figured it out.
他们这么做是因为… 他们认为年轻的诺维尔就像
They did it because they figured young Norville for an imbecile…
我所知的其他人一样是个低能儿
like some other people I know.