我会为此感到自豪
I’d be proud of it.
这可能就是你和我不一样的地方 乔治
I guess that’s where you and I differ, Georgie.
这是一把散♥弹♥枪♥
This here is a shotgun.
就是大家说的滑膛武器
It’s what they call a smoothbore weapon.
这枪不像来♥福♥枪♥那么准确
This is not as precise as the rifle
但比来♥福♥枪♥更高效
but it’s more effective
当猎物不断移♥动♥靠近
when the animal is closer and moving.
你愿意的话可以摸摸它
You can touch it if you want.
我可以摸摸吗
Can I?
没问题的
Yeah.
我们去打猎吗
Are we going hunting?
不了
No.
打猎是一件多么不愉快的事情
Hunting is such an unpleasant thing.
我曾经经常打猎 但我已经收手了
I used to hunt quite a bit, but I’ve stopped.
为什么呢
Why?
说实话 我发现打猎让我反感
To be honest, I find hunting distasteful.
例如 我想射杀一些树上的乌鸦
For example, if I wanted to shoot some of the crows
我们需要说的是
up in that tree, we’d be talking about
所谓的剔除 这意思简单来讲就是
what is known as culling, which quite simply means
你想要决定在属于你的森林里
you want to determine which animals you are going to allow
允许哪种动物生存下来
to live in your forest.
乌鸦作为猎物来说毫无价值
The crow has no value as prey
但要被剔除掉 因为对于你想要培育的动物来说
but can be culled because they are seen as something
乌鸦是某种威胁
of a threat to animals you wanna cultivate.
剔除 这也是一个让人不愉快的词语
Culling, it’s also such an unpleasant word.
有一种种族清除的意味
It has a tinge of ethnic cleansing about it.
这种非常病态且扭曲的打猎行为
The very sick and twisted act of hunting
已经被仪式化到如此让人不安的程度
has been ritualized to such an unsettling degree.
围捕式打猎 比方说
The battue, for example
一群猎手大白天把猎物吓得逃出整片森林
where a row of beaters scares the living daylight out of an entire forest.
更不要提打猎后战利品展览
Not to mention the trophy parade, practiced primarily
这种行为艺术首先出现在欧洲 在狩猎的结束时
in Europe at the end of the hunt
作为最后的凌♥辱♥
as a final insult
每一个猎物种类分别排放不同的位置
in which each species has its own traditional place.
我们想要爬上那座高塔 妈妈
We want to go up in the tower, mom.
嘘 乔治 等一会
Shh. George, wait.
没关系 我们就上去
Yep, we are going up.
好了 乔治 你想要射击吗
Okay, George, you want to shoot?
我来瞄准
I’ll aim..
你来扣动扳机
…you pull the trigger.
开火
Fire!
太棒了
Excellent!
对于这样大体型的猎物
To fell an animal of this size
你一定要打中它的要害
you have to be sure to hit it in the vitals
也就是这里 肺部这一块
which is to say here, in the area of the lungs.
如你所见 刚才打中这里
As you can see, this one was hit here
在它的后臀部位
in the hind quarter.
猎物受到这样的创伤
An animal could run a great distance
仍然可以跑很远的距离
with an injury such as this.
这就是为什么一般一个好的猎手
That’s why typically a good hunter would have
都有一条施韦斯猎犬 它通过训练可以跟踪猎物的血迹
a Schweiss-dog, that’s trained in following a blood trail
那样你就可以跟踪受伤猎物 完成捕猎
so you can track the animal down and finish the job.
施韦斯 这个词 我们用于描述血迹追踪
Schweiss, well, that’s the word we use for blood trail.
恭喜你 小乔治 你打中了猎物
Congratulations, young Georgie, you hit the animal.
那么说来 你给你自己找了个家庭
So you had found yourself a family?
是的 我也觉得不错
Yes, that’s also how I like to see it.
但动物们的规则简单得多
But it’s all so much simpler with animals.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
顺序是很重要的
The order is important.
母鹿通常和最大的小鹿跑在前面
The hind will typically run in the front with the largest fawn
紧跟着最小的小鹿
following the smallest last.
你一般打鹿
You’d typically shoot at the deer
会先打后面那只小的
starting with the rear one
一般没有了那只小鹿幼崽
based on the fact that the two older animals can survive
大点的鹿也都会存活下来
without the young one
反而言之 如果你先射母鹿
whereas, if you shot the mother first
而没有射其他两只
and didn’t get the others
那两只小鹿可能都活不下来
both fawns would probably not survive.
所以以这种方式 你再射大点的小鹿
So in this manner, you then shoot the bigger fawn
最后再射母鹿
and then the mother last.
别出去
Stay down!
别跑 乔治
Stop! George!
乔治
乔治!
我的家人跑起来顺序有误
My family was moving in the wrong order.
我总是遵循狩猎规则
I have always taken ethical hunting rules
从不曾违背
very seriously.
从这点来看 我认为我自己算一个绅士
On that point, I think of myself as a bit of a gentleman.
绅士 当真吗
A gentleman, really?
嗯
Hmm.
不如甚至说是一个老练先生
Or a Mr. Sophistication even?
不 不
No! No!
不要
No!
乔治看上去没什么胃口
George doesn’t seem to have much of an appetite.
可能他想要点派
Perhaps he’d like some of that pie.
你知道吗 当我还是孩子的时候 我从没有过足够的派
You know, when I was a boy, I never got enough pie.
你为什么不按我说的做
Why don’t you do as I say..
给最小的孩子一块派呢
…and give the youngster a little piece of pie?
好像我对这件事没有发言权似的
It’s if have no say in the matter.
这本该是一场令人愉快的野餐
This was supposed to be an enjoyable picnic.
多么美好的一天啊
This has been a good day.
完美的一天
An excellent day.
你有喜欢的数字吗
Do you have a favorite number?
任何数字
Any number?
所有人都有自己喜欢的数字
Everybody has a favorite number.
Twelve.
这真是非常好的数字
That’s an excellent number.
确实是非常好的数字
Very good number indeed.
野餐结束
Picnic’s over.
你可以先走了
You can go ahead.
我来照顾孩子
I’ll take care of the kids.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
施韦斯
Schweiss.
毫无疑问
Exactly.
你期待我的赞美并鼓掌吗
Do you expect me to praise you or applaud?
你知道 我很难过
You know, I’m sad
因为你这么评头论足 维吉
that you’re so judgmental, Verge.
不要专注于行为 要放眼于作品
Don’t look at the acts, look at the works.
这战利品的整个概念
The whole notion of trophies.
不 不 我不要
No. No, no, no!
你一直在尝试操控我
You’re constantly trying to manipulate me.
用孩子
And with children
这个最敏感的主题
the most sensitive subject of all.
我也很敏感 维吉
I’m also sensitive, Verge.
即使床单上有一丝皱纹我都难以入眠
I cannot sleep on a sheet with even the smallest wrinkle.
毕竟 猎杀是一种爱的象征
The hunt, after all, is a metaphor for love.
那就是你的弱点 杰克
And that is your weakness, Jack.
这些天来发生了这么多事
So much has happened during those days
让我们称之为来自太阳与月亮的指示
let’s call it signs in the sun and the moon
预示了我下一部艺术作品的到来
which claimed my presence for yet another work of art
并激起了我攻击的欲望
and roused my aggression.
首先 是日食
First, the eclipse.
然后圣海伦斯火山爆发
Then the volcanic eruption of Mount St. Helens
这都让我从公♥寓♥中可以看到
which I could see from my lot.
我当时使用蜂巢砖块是个
I had just then decided that using cinder blocks
是个完完全全错误的决定
was totally, totally wrong.
所以我决定换材料