I can see it’s going to be a bit difficult to get that house built,
也许可以建别的房♥子
but perhaps another one.
想想 杰克 毕竟你是个工程师
Think, Jack, after all you are an engineer
而且你自称建筑师
and call yourself an architect.
我听说对建材你有一个有趣的理论
I’ve been told you have an interesting theory about the material
你声称它们有自己的意识
which you claim has its own will.
找到那种材料 杰克
Find the material, Jack
然后做完它
and let it do the work.
杰克 你的小房♥子很好
Your house is a fine little house, Jack.
它绝对能用
It’s absolutely usable.
要进来吗 杰克
Are you coming, Jack?
后记 大败退
我在这儿 杰克
I’m here… Jack.
我能问你点事吗
May I ask you something?
我不保证会回答
I can’t promise I’ll answer.
嗯 好 我就这意思
R… right, that is exactly what I meant.
你一路上可以说话吗
Um, are you allowed to speak along the way?
我觉得大概会有些规矩
I was thinking there might be rules.
这么说吧
Put it this way
很少有人能做到全程一句不说
very few make it all the way without uttering a word.
人们总是突然就有奇怪的冲动
People are overcome with a strange
要在路上说点什么
and sudden need to confess on these trips.
不能说所有言论
And not all of it can be said
都有很高的文采
to be of great rhetorical quality
但都高兴地持续了下去
but do carry on merrily
我也没指望你会告诉我
just don’t believe you’re going to tell me something
什么我没听说过的
I haven’t heard before.
你能听到嗡嗡的声音吗
Do you hear a buzzing sound?
是的
Yes.
我想你应该不会想知道
And I don’t think you want to know
它从哪发出来的
where it’s coming from.
我想要知道一切
I wanna know everything.
几千年来人类
For thousands of years human beings
想把生活的地方变为地狱
have tried to localize hell.
在试图找到声音是从哪发出来的其他方法里
Among other methods by seeking the sound it generates.
人们不应该把关注在尖叫和嚎叫上
One shouldn’t focus on extracting screams and wailing
因为这是数以万计的人的痛苦和哭喊
because the cries of pain of so many millions
汇集在一起
of individuals together..
才变成你刚才听到的声音
…becomes what you have just heard.
这种嗡嗡声
A buzzing sound whose intensity
我们离痛苦越近 声音就会变得越响
will increase as we get ever closer to the presence of suffering.
维吉
Verge?
我在 杰克
I’m here, Jack.
我感觉不太舒服 维吉
I don’t feel so good, Verge.
我嘴里有点发酸
There’s a sour taste in my mouth.
你想让我带你去附近的威士忌酒吧吗
You want me to show you the way to the next whiskey bar?
那是极乐世界
Those are the Elysian Fields.
我们进不去
We don’t have access here.
这就是地狱有多深
That’s how deep the deepest hell goes.
其实我不是要送你到这
It’s actually not here I’m to deliver you..
尽管听起来觉得不太可能
…however improbable that may sound..
而是几个圈层之上
…but a couple of circles higher up.
我把你带到这里来是为了让你帮个忙
I took you down here as a kind of a favor..
因为你的故事确实给了我一点思考
…because you did after all give me a little to chew on with your story,
我理解你想看全了
and I understoodthat you wanted to see it all.
等你看完了 我们就回去
When you are done looking, we’ll turn back.
这条路通向哪里
Where does that path lead?
对面的那条路
On the other side.
它是离开地狱和通往上面的路
It leads out of hell and up.
正如你所看到的 曾经有一座桥
As you can see there was once a bridge
但那是在我来之前了
but that was before my time.
有没有可能一路爬过去
Isn’t it possible to climb all the way around?
从旁边爬着
This way..
到另一边去
…and make it over to the other side?
有不少人试过 但我不得不说
Quite a few have tried, but I have to say..
没人成功过
…never successfully.
我不推荐
I wouldn’t recommend it
但决定权在你自己
but the choice is entirely yours.
我会抓住机会的
I’ll take my chance.
再见 杰克
Bye, Jack.
再见 维吉
Bye, Verge.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!