I imagine my question is stupid.
我的问题很蠢
Not at all.
一点也不会
Well?
所以呢
Someone has to die in order that the rest of us should value life more.
这样才能让其他人更珍惜生命
It’s contrast.
这是一种对比
And who will die?
谁会死
Tell me.
告诉我
The poet will die.
那个诗人会死
The visionary.
那个先知
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
I’m brushing my teeth.
我在刷牙
Are you coming to bed?
你要不要上♥床♥
Yeah, in a minute.
马上来
Come to bed, Laura Brown.
快上♥床♥ 萝拉布朗
I ran into Ray. He said Kitty had to go to the hospital.
我碰到雷 他说琪蒂得住院
I know.
我知道
Nothing serious. He said just a checkup.
他说不严重 只是检查身体
I’m terrified.
我好害怕
Why?
为什么
OnIy I knew that she could disappear.
她可能会消失不见
Maybe you could go see her in the morning, honey.
你一早去看看她
I was going to. I was going to stop by.
我会的 我会去的
I’ve had a wonderful day,
今天真美好
and I have you to thank.
这都要感谢你
Come to bed, honey.
快上♥床♥吧
I’m coming.
我来了
Are you coming?
你来不来
Yes.
来了
What?
怎么了
I was hoping you were going to bed.
我以为你要上♥床♥了
I am. I am going to bed.
我会的 我要上♥床♥了
What, then?
几时
All else is clear.
就快好了
The outline of the story is planned,
故事都想好了 只缺一件事
now one thing only. Mrs. Dalloway’s destiny must be resolved.
戴洛维夫人的生命必须有结果
You’re Laura Brown.
你就是萝拉布朗
Yes, I’m Richard’s mother.
对 我是理查的母亲
Of course.
当然了
I’m Clarissa Vaughan. Please come in.
我是克劳丽丝范恩 请进
My friend Sally is in the kitchen,
我朋友莎莉在厨房♥
and my daughter.
还有我女儿
I’ll take this.
让我来
We were having a party.
我们在开派对
We were going to have a party.
我们本来要开派对
I was lucky. I got the last plane from Toronto.
我搭多伦多的最后一班飞机
So, that’s the monster.
她就是理查小说中的怪物
Hope I did the right thing.
希望我没有做错
I found your number in his phone book.
他的电♥话♥簿有你的号♥码
Yes, he had it.
没错 他是有
We didn’t speak often.
我们不太常通话
It’s a terrible thing, Miss Vaughan… to outlive
当你全家都比你早死
your whole family.
是很不幸的事
Richard’s father died.
理查的父亲死了
Yes, he- he died of cancer quite young.
他很早就死于癌症
And Richard’s sister is dead.
理查的妹妹也不在了
Obviously, you… feel unworthy.
这让你觉得不配活下去
Gives you feelings of unworthiness.
这让你有一种悲微的感觉
You survive and they don’t.
你活下来他们却死去
Have you read the poems?
你读过他的诗
Oh, yes. Oh…
对
I also read the novel.
我也读过他的小说
You see, uh, people say the novel is difficult.
他们说那本小说很难懂
Uh… I know.
我知道
They say that.
他们都这么说
I know.
是啊
He had me die in the novel.
他让我在小说中自杀
I- I- I know why he did that.
我知道为什么
It hurt, of course.
我不能假装我不感到痛心
I can’t pretend it didn’t hurt, but I… I know why he did it.
但是我知道为什么
You left Richard when he was a child.
你在他小时候离开他
I left both my children.
我离开我两个小孩
I abandoned them.
我抛弃了他们
They say it’s the worst thing a mother can do.
这是一个母亲所做最糟的事
You have a daughter.
你有一个女儿
Yes…
对
But I never met Julia’s father.
我没见过茱莉亚的父亲
You so wanted a child.
你只想要一个小孩
That’s right.
没错
You’re a lucky woman.
你很幸运
There are times when you don’t belong,
当你觉得不属于这世界
and you think you’re going to kill yourself.
就想结束自己的生命
Once, I went to a hotel.
有一次我去一家旅馆
Later that night, I made a plan.
那天晚上我做出一个决定
The plan was I would leave my family when my second child was born…
我决定生完第二胎就离开家庭
and that’s what I did.
于是我就这么做
I got up one morning, made breakfast,
有一天清晨我起床做了早餐
went to the bus stop,
走到公车站 搭上公车
got on a bus. I’d left a note.
我留下一张纸条
I got a job in a library in Canada.
我在加拿大图书馆找到工作
It would…
如果
be wonderful to say you regretted it.
我能说我很后悔就好了
It would be easy.
那就比较好过
But what does it mean?
但是这代表什么
What does it mean to regret…
在你别无选择的时候
when you have no choice?
后悔又代表什么
It’s what you can bear.
重点是你能忍♥受多少
There it is. No one’s going to forgive me.
就是这样 没有人会原谅我
It was death.
当我面对死亡
I chose life.
我选择了生命
Time to take your coat off.
你该脱掉外衣了
I thought you might like a cup of tea.
你也许想喝杯茶
Oh my goodness.
真是的 谢谢你
Thank you, dear. I feel like I’m stealing your room.
我好像抢走你的房♥间
Um, we put the food away,
食物都放进冰箱
so, if you’re at all hungry in the night,
你饿的话就自己来
just help yourself.
我会的
Oh, I will. Where will you sleep?
你要睡哪儿
Oh, the sofa.
沙发
Oh, oh, I’m sorry.
真不好意思
Good night, sweetheart.
晚安 甜心
Good night.
晚安
Dear Leonard,
挚爱的连纳
to look life in the face…
你要把人生看透彻
always to look life in the face,
一定要真实地面对人生
and to know it for what it is.
了解人生的本质
At last, to know it,
当你终于了解人生
to love it for what it is,
就能真正地热爱生命
and then… to put it away.
然后才舍得放下
Leonard… always the years between us,
记住我们在一起的这些年
always the years…
永远不要遗忘
always… the love…
永远记得我们的爱
always…
永志不忘
the hours.
生命中的时时刻刻