– I love how she calls him Tommy.
– Yeah, always did.
我想他是她一生的宠爱
I think she always favoured him.
她老是喜欢讲这个故事…
She loves tellin’ this story about…
汤姆两岁时就跑了出去…
when he was two years old,
he ran off…
后来发现他睡在谷仓里…
and they found him sleepin’
in the barn…
在一匹法国佩尔什马的大马蹄之间睡着了
between two giant hooves
of a Percheron stallion.
汤姆说那匹马正在保护他
谁也不能使他改变看法
He said that horse was protectin’ him,
and nobody could convince him otherwise.
你干嘛老是戴着那顶帽子?
Why do you always wear that hat?
因为它适合我的脑袋呀
‘Cause it fits my head.
– 你想试试吗?
– 好啊!
– Wanna try it on?
– Come on!
你想让我做什么?
你想让我做什么?
What do you want me to do?
What do you want me to do?
嗯? 什么?
你们管这个叫什么?
What? What do you call that?
好,我再来一次
Okay, one more time.
来, 你来坐在我的腿上, 这儿…
You gonna, you gonna sit on me? Here.
仔细看着
我不会没完没了做的
So you can watch this ’cause I don’t
wanna do this too many times, okay?
把你的手指伸出来, 好吗?
Put your finger up. Okay?
好吗? 把它结成一个圈,对不?
Okay? Loop’s knotted, right?
看来只有剪开才能把绳子拿掉了,
对吗?
Looks like the only way to get it off
is to break the touch, right?
现在,看着 你们看好了?
Now watch. You watchin’?
仔细看
Watch careful.
– 再来! 再来!
– 再来! 再来! 再来一次…
– Again! Again!
– Again! Again! One more time.
哦, 不, 不, 好戏法不变第二遍
Oh, no, no. I don’t fall
for that one twice.
好了, 孩子们, 找你们妈妈去吧
Now, you guys get on in
before your mother calls you.
– 有点凉
– 嗯–
– Here.
– So…
谢谢
Thank you.
– 笑什么?
– 你有过静静地坐那怕一分钟的时候吗?
– What?
– Do you ever sit still for just a minute?
哦, 在纽约你如果安静地坐那么长时间
你就会被淘汰
Well, you sit still too long
in New York and you get renovated.
为什么有时候我有一种感觉
你在嘲笑我?
Why is it, Mr Booker, that sometimes I get
the feeling that you’re laughing at me?
我不知道,怎么啦?
I don’t know. Why?
嗯. 你是想说你没有嘲笑我
No. You’re supposed to say
you’re not laughing at me.
哦, 我明白了
你是在为谈话双方考虑?
Oh, I see. You take care of both sides
of the conversation, do you?
这是个男人的世界, 布克先生
女人必须这样
It’s a man’s world, Mr Booker.
Most women have to.
叫我汤姆吧
You can call me Tom.
也许我有点嘲笑你
Maybe I am laughin’ a little bit.
我是指, 你既然呆在这
那还是放松一点的好
I figure since you’re here, it might
be nice to relax into the place a bit.
是呀
Yeah.
这是个美丽的地方
Well, it’s beautiful country.
我觉得这样的地方适合
And I could see having
some kind of a…
用来度假、养老
you know, vacation place, retreat.
可我不明白你怎么能一直呆在这个地方呢?
But I don’t know how you do it
full-time.
你就不想念世界上其他地方吗?
Don’t you miss
the rest of the world?
想念什么呢?
What’s there to miss?
比如你从来体验过城市生活…
Well, if you’ve never lived
in a city with…
那么像博物馆,剧院…
with museums and theatre and…
饭馆, 音乐…
and restaurants and music…
嗯, 怎么说呢…
well, I can’t explain.
芝加哥算城市吗?
Well, does Chicago count?
– 你在芝加哥住过?
– 在那,我遇见了我妻子
– You lived in Chicago?
– That’s where I met my wife.
你在芝加哥,你,你跟一个女人结的婚?
You, you were, you were married
to a woman in Chicago?
是,真的,一个女人
Yeah, really. A woman.
哦, 抱歉, 对不起, 不,
我不是那个意–
No, I’m sorry. I didn’t, I didn’t…
No, I’m so…
当时我在学习工程学…
I was studying engineering…
而她学习音乐
大提琴
and she was studying music,
the cello.
一次,我听到她演奏的德沃夏克的协奏曲…
And I once heard her play
a Dvorak concerto…
我觉得那真是
我一生中曾经听到过的最美妙的音乐
and I thought it was the most beautiful
piece of music I’d ever heard in my life.
所以, 我说这是谁嘲笑谁呀?
So, just who’s laughin’ at who here?
在散步,哦?
Jogger?
我没在散步, 布克先生, 我在跑步
I don’t jog, Mr Booker. I run.
哦,那你真幸运
Well, that’s lucky for you.
在这附近的大灰熊常常
攻击散步者
Grizzlies around here
mostly go for joggers.
在那所房♥子里睡得好吗?
You sleepin’ okay in that house?
我在哪都睡不好,当然
房♥子还不错的
Well, I don’t sleep well anywhere,
but the house is fine, yeah.
唔 我对付动物很有办法
Oop. I have a way with animals.
那好极了,他还年轻
That’s all right.
He’s just young.
哎, 把你的手放的低一点
低一点, 就这样
Here, hold out your hand
just a little lower. That’s it.
他可以闻到你的味
So he can get the smell of you.
他很漂亮
He’s beautiful.
-那么你为什么不再骑马了?
-呣?
Now, how come you don’t ride anymore?
格雷丝说在她小的时候, 你常常骑马
Grace told me you used to ride
when she was younger.
– 她跟你说了?
– 嗯
– She did?
– Yep.
呣, 说不好
I don’t know.
哦, 也许是没时间
No time, I guess.
我以为现在是春天了
I thought it was supposed to be spring.
过得愉快
Enjoy the day.
你也是
You, too.
来和我一起骑马
Come take a ride with me.
– 你会开车吗?
– 开车? 我还不够年龄
– Can you drive?
– Drive? Not old enough.
别忘了学艺不怕年少
来, 上车
Well, it’s never too soon to start.
Here. Get in.
哦, 我,我不行
I…I can’t.
走吧,我可没一整天的时间
Come on. I don’t have all day.
把钥匙插上转一下
Put the key in and turn it on.
– 这个吗?
.
This one?
右边的踏板是油门
另一个是刹车
Now, the right pedal is the gas.
The other one’s the brake.
哦, 我想我控制不了
是我的腿
I don’t think I, I can
with my with my leg.
只有一个方式能证明
挂前进挡
Well, there’s only one way to find out.
Now, put it in “D.”
现在给一点油
Now give it some gas.
好, 我们已经知道了你能行
Okay, we know you can.
现在感觉一下给油门多大的压力合适
试一下– 再试试
Now you just gotta feel how much.
Now give it… Try it again.
看你会开了
There you go.
很好
Nice.
很好,前边有条小路
拐弯上小路
Real nice. Now there’s a little road
up at the end here. Turn onto it.
就这么往前开
一点问题也没有
Now just follow this.
Nothin’ to it.
我想闭一会眼晴…