And, of course, he wasn’t.
这么说吧 这超出了我正常经验的范围
It’s outside of my normal experience. Put it that way.
我们要去车上
We’re going to the car.
也许我该换件衬衫了 都过了五天了
Maybe I should change my shirt, after five days.
我 只是个意见
I- just a thought.
噶司特昨晚告诉我们
Ghoste had told us the night before…
荣恩会在接下来的三年里渐渐减少自闭症状
that Rowan would become gradually less autistic over the next three years.
但最重要的 真正让我们狂喜的是
But most importantly, the stuff that really drove us crazy-
他的失禁 突然的发火
the incontinence, the tantruming-
这些会在今天就结束了
these would end today.
我们会看到那些症状马上消失
We would start to see them leave right now.
我在控制我的心
I was guarding my heart.
我不想让我自己觉得失望
I didn’t want to allow myself to be disappointed.
我们到了 对萨满说再见吧
There we go. Say good-bye to shaman.
-说再见 -再见
– Say good-bye. – Good-bye.
你要尝尝味道吗
Are you doing a taste test?
时间到了 他要离开了
Now it’s time to- he is leaving.
-该把带荣恩走了 -跟萨满说再见
– It’s time to take Rowan. – Say good-bye to the shaman.
跟萨满说再见
Good-bye to the shaman.
谢谢你的治疗
Thank you for the healing.
于是
And with that,
终于到了回家的时候
it was finally time to go home.
在我们骑马远去 往山下走的时候
As we rode away, and down the mountain,
正如噶司特说过的那样
just as Ghoste had said,
确实
that indeed…
所有一切都开始改变了
was when everything began to change.
回声
Echo!
我的天 我不敢相信 他脱了裤子大便
Oh, my god. I can’t believe it. He’s doing an intentional poo!
他刚刚真的那么做了 他成功了
He just totally did it. He did it.
这是通往马桶的第一步
That’s the first stage to the potty.
这是胜利 胜利就在那儿
That is success. That is success right there.
太棒了
Excellent!
在户外蹲下大便
Outdoor squatting poo!
这太难以置信了 难以置信
That’s incredible. Incredible.
太棒了 你太棒了
Brilliant. You are brilliant.
-太棒了 -太棒了 荣恩在马桶上大便了
– Brilliant! – Brilliant! Rowan poopied on the potty!
-你太棒了 -你太棒了
– You’re brilliant! – You’re brilliantl
你太棒了
You’re brilliant!
好的 为在厕所里大便干杯
Okay, to pooping in the toilet.
这是一些新东西的开始
This is the start of something new.
他想去跟别的孩子玩儿 而不是跟我们一起
He’s wanting to play with the other kids, and not with us.
就像大部分正常小孩 他们想跟对方玩儿
Like most normal little kids, they wanna play with each other,
而不是跟父母玩
not with their parents.
这从来没有发生过
This has never happened before
他完全融入他们之中 彻底忽视了我们
where he’s just totally involved with them and totally ignoring us.
这让人惊讶 他是他们的一员 你看到没
It’s amazing. And he’s one of them, you know?
我是否认为这是萨满的功劳
Do I think it was the shamans?
我真心的回答是 是的 我当然这么认为
My honest answer is, yeah, of course, I do.
我开始相信这种可能性
I’m open to the possibility that there is…
随着萨满的介入 有改变发生
something happening with the shamanic way of understanding things.
但是另一方面 我更相信这种说法
But on the other hand, I’m open to the idea…
即当你带着孩子 你把他带到蒙古
that just when you take a kid, and you take him to Mongolia,
你要他挑战极限
and you push him to their limits,
他们不得不面对这些他们本不会面对的挑战
they have to confront challenges they wouidn’t otherwise,
这也许才是改变的原因
and that may be the cause of it.
那又有什么关系呢
What does it matter?
真正重要的是他有了进步
What matters is that he’s leapt forward,
我们来到这里 这一切就发生了
and that we came here, and it happened.
这才是最重要的
That’s what matters.
现在我要为我们所有与自闭症相处的人祈祷
Now I’ll say a little prayer for all of us that live with autism,
无论是我们自己得了自闭症
whether we’re autistic,
或是身为自闭症孩子的父母
or whether we’re the parents of autistic kids,
或者我们认识有自闭症孩子的人
or whether we know people who have autistic kids,
无论是我们的孙子 孙女
whether it’s our grandson, our granddaughter,
或我们的侄子侄女 我们的孩子或兄弟姐妹
or our nephew, or our niece, or our kid, or our sibling.
我希望 这是我的祈祷
I hope- this is my prayer-
希望我们会找到办法
that we find a way…
来理解与融入这奥秘之中
to understand and integrate this enigma…
使之成为社会最好的一部分
into the best of our society,
以及最好的我们自己
and the best of who we are,
而这会帮助我们展现出我们最好的自我
and that it helps to bring out the best in us all.
这就是我的祈祷
That’s my prayer.
无论如何 我很感激
Anyway, I’m grateful.
谢谢
Thank you.
两周后
好 我想让你做的是牵着缰绳
All right. So what I want you to do is I want you to take the reins.
牵着缰绳 像这样 拿在手里然后让白茨转弯
Take the reins, like that, in your hands and turn Betsy.
说 走吧 白茨 你能说吗 走吧 贝茨
Say “come on, Betsy.” Can you say “come on, Betsy”?
走吧 白茨
Come on, Betsy.
然后举起你的手 把缰绳这样拉过来
And hold- lift your hand and push across like that.
说 走吧 白茨 就这样 你来让她转弯
Say “come on, Betsy.” That’s right. Turn her by yourself.
说 走吧 白茨 我们去马棚里
Say “come on, Betsy. Let’s go to the barn.”
我们去马棚里
Let’s go to the barn.
好 现在把白茨转到这边 像这样移♥动♥你的手
All right. Now turn Betsy this way, push your hand like this.
往那儿去 往那儿去 对
There you go. There you go. Yeah!
轻轻踢她一下
Give her a little kick.
没错 然后她就跑起来了
Yes. And away she goes.
太棒了 你会骑马了
Excellent! You’re riding.
拉 拉一下缰绳
Pull. Give the reins a pull.
没错
Yes!
你学会骑马了
You just rode.
你学会骑马了
You just rode.
你学会骑马了
You just rode.
你学会骑马了
You just rode,
小宝贝 你学会骑马了
you little- you just rode.
谢谢你 白茨
Thank you, Betsy.
我觉得我现在都说不出话了
I don’t think I can even speak right now.
用力 把便便拉出来
You push first. Push the poopie out.
做得好
Oh, good job!
还要拉便便吗
Do you have another one in there?
-冲水 冲水 -冲水
– Flush, flush. – Flush.
让我们把手洗了
Let’s wash our hands.
我认为很重要的是
I think it’s very important that…
我们确实在学着接受自闭症
we do learn to live with autism,
某种意义上我们的社会能够做出许多调整
in the sense that there’s a lot of adjustments our society can make…
变得对自闭者更加地友好
to become more autism-friendly.
我真的希望随着人们对自闭症更多的了解
I really hope that as people learn more about autism,
他们会将自闭者视为生命多样的形式之一
they will see autism as a form of diversity.
我认为我们应该想出办法
You know, I think we need to figure out a way to
来预防某些极为严重的自闭症类型
prevent some of the most severe forms of autism,
但是你绝对不想摆脱遗传的自闭症
but you certainly do not want to get rid of autism genetics,
如果有人问我 如果我可以突然之间
and I get asked, if I could snap my fingers,
摆脱自闭症 我是否愿意
would I want to be not autistic?
我不想 因为我喜欢我拥有的清晰的思维
No, I wouldn’t be, because I like the clarity of thought that I have.
我觉得非常不寻常的事情是
I think the thing that’s so remarkable…
自从我们回来之后 我们的生活改变太太了
is how much our lives have changed since coming back.
日日夜夜都在改变
It’s just- it’s night and day.
我甚至没办法告诉你
I can’t even tell you-
我甚至没办法告诉你它有多不同以往了
I can’t even tell you how different it is.
-你叫什么名字 -荣恩
– What’s your name? -Rowan!
你怎么样
How are you doing?
我很好
I’m fine.
他太迷人了
He’s just charming.
-他是个很棒的孩子 -他是
– He’s a brilliant kid. – He is.
还有他看待一切的奇怪方式
And his kind of quirky way of looking at all of this…
-正是让他如此迷人和有趣的原因 -没错
-is precisely what makes him so charming and interesting – Exactly.
而且很幽默风趣
and fun and funny.
-而且我再也不想去改变了 -一点也不想
– And that I’ve got no interest in trying to change. – None at all. No.
相反 实际上这才是他如此美好的原因
Quite the opposite, actually. It’s what makes him so wonderful.
这是好奇的乔治
This is curious George.
他住在动物园里
He lives in the zoo.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!