他们为我们准备的马
which have been prepared for us.
他们已经训练了这些马
So they’ve been trained horses for
至少三天了
three days, minimum, yeah.
对吗
Right?
我们即将骑在这些
So we’re going to be riding on horses that
从没被西方人骑过的马上
have never been ridden by westerners before.
应该会很有趣
This should be interesting.
神啊
Oh, dear.
上帝啊 真美
Mmm. god, this is beautiful.
山羊先生 你好
Oh, hello, Mr.goats!
我跟山羊在一起 我们进去
No, I’m with the goats. In we go.
荣恩和动物的关系不一般
Rowan’s relationship with animals is extraordinary.
动物对他都很友善
All these animals are incredibly tolerant of him.
他能对它们做正常孩子不能做的事情
They let him do stuff that neurotypical kids often can’t get away with.
他把它们捡起来 轻轻抚摸
He, he picks them up. He chucks them around.
猫不会抓他
And they won’t, the cat won’t scratch him.
山羊懒洋洋的任凭他这么做
The goats just sort of go limp and let him do this.
这我们经常见 他和动物关系不一般
And we see this time and time again. He’s got something with animals.
而且他对动物们很着迷
And he’s always been obsessed with animals.
自闭者经常会有特殊的天赋
People with autism often have incredibly special talents.
他们可能比有些正常的孩子做得更好
And they do things better than somebody that might not have autism.
比如他们能集中精力在非常个别的主题上
For example, the ability to focus on a very narrow topic,
排除其他东西的干扰 或许是很活跃的东西
To the exclusion of everything else, maybe a very positive thing.
我们见到过一些自闭者是优秀的画家
We’ve come across some who are excellent painters,
音乐家 数学家
excellent musicians, excellent at math.
你不会有电力在这座大楼里
You wouldn’t have any electricity in this building.
你不会有摄影机来拍摄这个访问
You wouldn’t have any camera to film this interview.
要是没有这些某种程度的自闭者
Any of these things if you didn’t
我们就不会拥有这些
have people on some degree on the autism spectrum.
和自闭症有关的基因
So some of those genes that are involved in autism
对于为人类进步有所贡献的人来说
may also have been very important as contributors
可能非常重要
to the success of humanity.
这个礼拜 我进去的时候
So now this week, I came in,
发现他开始
and I found that he had started
把动物放进盒子里并给他们分类
putting his animals in boxes, and sorting them.
瞧 所有鸟类都在这个盒子里
Look, all the birds are in this box here.
犀牛和猪放在一起
The rhinos and the pigs are together.
它们在生物学上是相近的
They are biologically close to each other.
这没人跟他说过
No one’s told him this.
骆驼 美洲野牛和麝香牛在一起
The camel, the bison and the musk ox are together-
大型偶蹄动物
The large cloven-hoofed animals.
这就有趣了
Now it gets interesting.
草原兽群 水牛 斑马 条纹羚和大羚羊
This is plain’s game.Buffalo, zebra, kudu, gemsbok antelope.
他知道这些动物是一组的 他一定
He knows that these animals group together. He must
我猜他认真看过野生动物的纪录片
I guess he’s observed this in a wildlife documentary.
这儿单独放在一个特殊的盒子里的是马
Um, and then over here all by itself in a special box, is the horse.
所以他在四岁就可以正确的分类动物
So, he’s categorizing correctly, at age four,
种 属 相互的亲缘关系
The genuses and species, and what their relationship is to each other.
都没人跟他讲过
But no one’s told him this.
这是自闭儿童心灵的一个很好的寓言
So this, if you like, is a really good allegory of the mind of the autistic kid.
从某些方面讲是很超前的
In- in some ways, um, really advanced.
但是 如果你问他的名字
But also, if you say,”Hi, little boy, what’s your name?”
他会彻底无视你
He’ll completely blank you.
当地人跟我们说
But the locals, they say to us, um,
是我们带来了雨水
You brought the rain.
很久没这样下过雨了
It hasn’t been raining like this.
他们说
They like to say, uh,
带来雨水的人
The man bringing rain
一定是大好人
has to be really, really good person.
所以我们尊敬他
So we respect the person…
给他很多食物
and offer many good foods,
对他更友好
and be more polite with the people.
图加 说说这些都是什么吧
So, Tulga, do you want to just tell us what we’ve got here?
有香肠
We got sausages, and, um,
肺和肝 还有心
lung and liver, and hearts.
干杯
Oh, cheers.
谢谢款待
Thank you for having us.
我从这儿开始切 一片一片来
All right, so, I’m going to start with this one, piece by piece.
-这是 -我想是肺吧
– This is the… – I think it’s the lung.
肺是我的最爱
Mmm, lung, my favorite.
这个很有挑战性
That’s, um, really challenging.
-你很喜欢这个吧 -是啊
– You’re enjoying this, aren’t you? – Oh, yeah.
我很喜欢
I’m enjoying.
这个嘛
That’s, um
我只会用英语说 挺恐怖
I can only say this in English, but that’s really horrible.
但不管怎么样我都要咽下去
Um, but I’m going to eat it anyway.
跟肥肉一起吃味道不错
It can go pretty good with, uh, some fats with it.
瞧 爸爸来了
Look! There’s daddy!
不 谢了
No, thank you.

Car!
-你想进我车里吗 -拿着
– Do you wanna go into my car? – Take it. Here.
车 车
Car, car.
车 我想要辆车
Car. I want a car.
-去车那儿吗 -咱们去车那儿
– Go to the car? – Let’s go to the car.
好 我们一会就上车
Yeah. we’ll go to the car.
可你…
But, you know…
车 我要上车
Car! to the car.
要上车吗
To the car?
你得说爸爸我要上车
Say, “car, please, daddy.,,
此时此刻我有点担心
I’m feeling a littie anxious right now.
我不知道这样做是否正确
Um, I don’t know if i’m doing the right thing.
现在我们会觉得 为什么要让他经历这一切
It just makes you feel a little bit like, what are we putting him through?
很困难 压力重重 困难重重
It is hard. it’s stressful. it’s difficult.
我们必须前进了
Guys, we have to get moving.
车 车 我要上车
Car! car! car!
我们已经等太久了
We’ve waited almost too long.
我要继续往前走 出发吧
All right, I’m going to keep getting moving. let’s get moving.
我从来没见过荣恩对骑马这么抗拒
I’d never seen Rowan reject a horse before.
没见过他在骑马时发这么大脾气
Never seen him tantrum on a horse.
以前他骑马时总是很乖
The horse was always the place where his tantrums went away.
我骑不了马了 我已经精疲力尽了
I can’t ride on the horse. i’m just so tired and exhausted.
是吗
Really?
接下来就看你的了
And we’ve only been to you have to kick every single step.
你要骑这匹马吗
Do you want to take this horse?
让马小跑时我都得这样…
And to trot i’ve got to like…
你要骑这匹马吗
Do you want to take this horse?
你把马鞍换了我就骑
if you can change saddles.
换马鞍很麻烦的
Um, it’ll take long to change.
我要回到车上去
I’ll ride in the van.
杰里米会接着骑 看他骑术如何
Jeremy’s going to ride and see if he does better.
-杰里米 -杰里米
– Jeremy – Jeremy?
坐稳 坐稳 坐稳
Sit tight sit tight sit tight
噢 啊 糟糕
Whoa oh, dear oh- oh, shit
我的天哪
Oh, jesus christ
看吧 这屁马不太听话
Oh, man. see, it is a butt-fucker of a horse
宝贝 你怎么样
Are you okay, sweetie?
要下来吗 好吧下来吧
You wanna get down? okay, you can get down.
问题在于每次我们都是这样停滞不前
But the problem is every time we stop like this…
-妈妈 -你要去找妈妈吗
– Mummy. – You want to go see mummy?
想和妈妈到车里待一会儿
You want to ride in the car with mummy for a bit?
那好
Okay. oh!
抱歉 我现在状态很差
I’m sorry. i’m in a very negative mood.
这半小时是我人生中
That was one of the most uncomfortable half hours
过的最不舒服的时间
i’ve ever spent in my life.
好了 在车里休息一下吧
All right. well, enjoy the ride in the car for a bit.
好的
Okay.
就这样 儿子离开了这里
And so, my son took off,
向蒙古中部出发
into the center of mongolia,
他坐在有粉色窗帘和豹纹车座的车里
In the back of a van with leopard-skin seats and pink curtains.
然后…
And…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!