Guys.
– 快住手! – 住手!
– Guys! – Boys!
– 快住手! – 什么?
– Guys! – What?
莎莉霍勒?
Sally Hollar?
– 就是我 – 我是冯医生,抱歉让你等这么久
– Yes, that’s me. – I’m Dr. Fong. Sorry for the wait.
我去打高尔夫球
I was golfing.
没…问题,医生
No… No problem, Doctor.
我看了你的电脑断层
So, I looked over your CAT scans.
你的前额叶有一颗满大的肿瘤
You have a pretty big brain tumor near your frontal lobe.
我的老天爷!
Christ. Jesus Christ!
满大的肿瘤是什么意思?
Wait. What does that mean, “pretty big?”
肿瘤很大颗
It means “big.”
我们该怎么办?
Well, what do we do?
我们得马上将它移除
Well, we have to remove it soon.
我帮你安排这周末接受开颅手术
I’ve scheduled a craniotomy for the end of the week.
我们可以让你妈用类固醇抑制肿瘤的生长
We can give your mother steroids to reduce the size of the tumor,
但只要她没动手术,癫痫的状况就会持续
but the seizures will continue if nothing’s done.
类固醇
Steroids.
医生,对不起
Excuse me, Doctor.
类固醇对她的肌肉会有影响吗?
What will the steroids do to her muscles?
会不会让她变更壮?
Will it make her bulky?
荣恩
Ron.
– 不会 – 天啊
– No. – Christ. Christ.
– 我的老天爷 – 爸,控制一下
– Christ, Christ, Christ, Christ. – Get a grip, Dad.
我的老天爷
Christ, Christ, Christ, Christ.
我不懂,怎…怎么会这样?
I don’t understand. How… How did something like this happen?
病因有很多
It could be any number of reasons.
我们现在没办法判断,但有一件事情我很确定
We really have no way of knowing right now, but I will say this.
这肿瘤已经存在一阵子了
It is not a young tumor.
我敢说这肿瘤至少在…
I’d say it must have been growing
霍勒太太的脑中生长了十或十五年
inside Mrs. Hollar’s head for the past 10, maybe 15 years.
– 什么? – 没错
– What? – Yeah.
老实说,我很讶异,到目前为止还没有其他病征
To be honest, I’m surprised there haven’t been more symptoms.
单眼视力丧失算病征吗?
Would loss of sight in one eye be a symptom?
– 很有可能 – 那…
– Possibly. – What about
手指跟脚趾发麻呢?
numbness in the toes and fingers?
很有可能
Probably.
暂时性瘫痪?
And temporary paralysis?
绝对算
Definitely.
该死
Shit.
我就说吧
I told you.
你们在讲什么?
What are you talking about?
这个…
Well, there…
可能这些病征以前就有出现过
There might have been some symptoms before today.
你们为什么没去医院检查?
Why wouldn’t you get those checked out?
– 他送我去减肥营 – 天啊
– He sent me to Jenny Craig. – Oh, my God.
我以为是体重问题
I thought it was a weight thing.
– 爸,暂时性瘫痪? – 我不知道
– Dad, temporary paralysis? – I didn’t know.
天啊,老爸!
Jesus Christ, Dad!
但我在第一周就瘦了快三公斤
But I lost six pounds the first week.
好吧,看起来
Okay, well, it seems…
你们一家人有很多事情要谈
like you guys have some stuff to work out, so…
体重问题?
A weight thing?
– 你以为这是体重问题? – 不要再说了
– You thought it was a weight thing? – Stop, stop.
所以你跟爸怎么了?
So, what is with you and Dad?
他看起来满气的
He seems pretty pissed.
约翰,他把我开除
He fired me, John.
把你开除?
Fired you?
我甚至不知道你在替他工作
I didn’t even know you were working for him.
你真的该多打电♥话♥回家
Yeah, you should really call more, you know.
– 你做了什么? – 我什么都没做
– So, what did you do? – I didn’t do anything.
那你为什么会被开除?
Well, then, why did you get fired?
我们过去一年都在亏损
The business has been operating at a loss for over a year.
只剩三周,爸就要宣告完全破产
Dad’s about three weeks away from total bankruptcy.
当我跟他对质这问题时,他就炒了我
When I confronted him about it, he fires me.
什么?你在开玩笑吗?
Wait. What? Are you kidding me?
什么都不要说,好吗?
Just don’t say anything, okay?
他让我发誓不要告诉任何人
He made me promise not to tell anyone.
他不想让妈担心
He doesn’t want Mom to worry about it right now.
他要怎么办?
Well, what’s he going to do?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
医疗费用一定会超高
Medical bills are going to be crazy.
他们甚至没有存款,他们玩完了
They don’t have any savings. They’re totally screwed.
天啊
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
蕾贝卡近来可好?
So, how’s Rebecca?
– 她很好 – 真的?
– She’s good. – Yeah?
妈说你们的感情有点问题
Mom said things haven’t been great.
所以你们才没有要结婚吗?
Is that why you’re not going to get married?
我不知道你干嘛说这些,只是…
I don’t even know why you would say that. I…
你认为你小孩会介意当私生子吗?
Do you think your kid will mind being a bastard?
首先,我相信没有人还在用这个词
Okay, first of all, I’m pretty sure people don’t think like that anymore.
然后,我…我不知道
And, two, no. I don’t… I don’t know.
你确定?
You sure?
等他生出来我再问他
Well, I’ll ask him when he gets here.
你在干嘛?
What are you doing?
史黛西在跟别人交往
Stacey started seeing somebody.
– 这是史黛西家? – 嗯
– This is Stacey’s house? – Yeah.
荣恩,你跟她好多年前就离婚了
Ron, you divorced her, like, years ago.
我同意跟她离婚
I agreed to divorce.
但我可没同意让一个陌生男人成天在我的女儿身边乱晃
I didn’t agree to some strange man hanging around my daughters.
荣恩,我们得走了,这实在…
Okay, Ron, we got to go. This is…
– 该死!快躺下! – 什么?怎么了?
– Shit! Get down! Get down! – What? What? What is it?
– 约翰,躺下 – 什么?
– John, get down. – What?
– 他在窗户旁边 – 天啊,我的椅子坏掉了
– He’s at the window. – Oh, my God, mine doesn’t work.
– 什么? – 它坏掉了
– What? – Mine doesn’t work.
– 不要抓…快躺下 – 我的椅子坏掉了
– Don’t grab… Put it down. – My seat doesn’t work.
我的椅子…他来了
My seat… He’s coming. He’s coming.
他正走过来
He’s coming. He’s coming.
他要走过来?
He’s coming over?
– 他要走过来了吗? – 天啊,荣恩,我要干掉你
– Is he coming over? – Oh, my God, Ron. I’m going to kill you.
我一定会干掉你
I’m going to kill you.
– 这实在… – 冷静点
– This is very… – Just be cool.
– 我现在很生气 – 冷静点
– This is very upsetting to me. – Be cool.
这实在…
This is…
这太惨了…
This is not good. This…
嗨
Hey.
嗨,荣恩
Hey there, Ron.
– 你好吗? – 还可以
– How you doing? – Fine.
你们认识?
Wait. You guys know each other?
嗯
Yeah.
他是老爸跟老妈教堂里的新青年牧师
He’s the new youth pastor over at Mom and Dad’s church.
丹牧师,幸会
Reverend Dan. Nice to meet you.
嗨,约翰霍勒
Hey. John Hollar.
我真丢脸
I’m embarrassed.
我听说你♥妈♥的♥事了
I heard about your mother.
我很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
谢谢你这么说
Thank you very much. That’s nice of you to say.
她还好吗?
How is she?
– 就… – 她很好
– You know, I think… – She’s fine.
真不多亏你
No thanks to you.
荣恩,这又不是他的错
Well, he didn’t do anything, Ron.
是吗?你怎么知道?
Yeah? How do you know?
他不是会跟上帝沟通吗?
He’s supposed to talk to God, isn’t he?
说不定他有请上帝赐给老妈脑瘤
Maybe he put in an order for a brain tumor or something.
荣恩,我们这一行不是这么做事的
I’m afraid that’s not how it works there, Ron.
是吗?
Yeah?
丹牧师,那你们怎么工作?告诉我们
How does it work, Reverend Dan? Tell us.
我只是青年团契牧师,所以…
Well, I’m just a youth pastor, so…
是吗?怎么了?
Really? What’s the matter?
没人要雇你当成人团契的牧师吗?
Couldn’t get a job as an adult pastor?
只是…我喜欢小孩