大学毕业后
Right after college.
然后呢
And?
我们醒悟过来了
We came to our senses.
玛丽 这可不是一张为浪漫而生的脸
This is not exactly a face forged for romance, Mary.
啊 还有…
Yeah, and the…
而且你知道…
And, you know…
什么
What?
算了 没什么
Nothing.
我不知道 我喜欢一个人呆着
I don’t know. I like being alone.
我总是被艺术所吸引
I’ve always found myself drawn to the aesthetic.
就像一个修道士
Like a monk.
为达到精神目标
The forgoing of sensual pleasures
而放弃感官上的享受
for the achievement of spiritual goals.
什么精神目标
Spiritual goals?
你吗
You?
我们到底在说什么
What spiritual goals are we talking about?
你去教堂吗
You go to church?
嗯 只有在需要的时候 – 我就知道
Mm, only when required. – Exactly.
你最后一次离开校园是什么时候
When’s the last time you even left campus?
我总是进城 – 哦
I go into town all the time. – Oh.
采买♥♥和各种差事
For groceries and various errands
还有约会 – 嗯嗯
and appointments. – Mm-hmm.
好吧 是的 我不常离开校园
Okay, yes, I don’t leave campus often.
我觉得没什么必要
I don’t really feel the need.
让我问你一个问题
Let me ask you something.
如果你可以去地球上的任何地方 你会去哪里
If you could go anywhere on Earth, where would you go?

Oh.
希腊 意大利
Greece, Italy,
埃及 秘鲁 迦太基
Egypt, Peru, Carthage.
当然还有现在的突尼斯
Tunisia now, of course.
在大学的时候 我就开始写过一本关于迦太基的专著
In college, I started a monograph on Carthage.
我希望有一天能完成它
I’d like to finish that someday.
专著也是一种体裁 只是更短
A monograph is like a book, o-only shorter.
我知道那是什么
I know what a monograph is.
为什么不直接写一本书呢
Why not just write a book?
我都不确定自己脑子里的内容够不够一本书
I’m not sure I have an entire book in me.
你连做个完整的梦都费劲 是吧
You can’t even dream a whole dream, can you?
莫奈 马奈 毕加索
Monet, Manet, Picasso.
♪ 哭泣 ♪
♪ Crying ♪
♪ 不管怎么样 哭泣总是无益的 ♪
♪ Crying never did nobody no good no how ♪
♪ 这就是我为什么 ♪
♪ That’s why I ♪
♪ 从不流泪♪
♪ I don’t cry ♪
♪ 大笑吧 ♪
♪ Laughing ♪
♪ 它有时会给人带来好的影响 ♪
♪ Laughing sometimes does somebody some good somehow ♪
♪ 所以我 ♪
♪ That’s why I ♪
♪ 现在总是大笑 ♪
♪ I’m laughing now ♪
♪ 所以我 ♪
♪ That’s why I ♪
♪ 现在总是大笑 ♪
♪ I’m laughing now. ♪
我有一个惊喜
I have a surprise.
这些是我收到的礼物
Uh, these were a gift to me,
我想跟你们分享
and I would like to share them with both of you.
都是适合节日的形状
Look at them. Look at all the festive shapes.
雪花 姜饼人 还有圣诞树
Snowflakes and gingerbread men. A tree.
一个小手套
A little mitten.
先生 我可以去一下洗手间吗
May I go to the bathroom, sir?
当然
You may.
我已经在努力了
Well, I’m trying.
如果没有单间的话
If you don’t have a single room,
一间初级套房♥或同等级别的也行
uh, I’ll take a junior suite or the equivalent.
我很理解现在是假期
I fully understand it’s the holidays,
但是我确实有点儿急
but it’s kind of an emergency.
嗯嗯 好 当然
Mm-hmm. Yeah, sure.
塔利先生 你在做什么
Mr. Tully, what are you doing?
呃 不 我没有信♥用♥卡♥
Uh, no, no credit card.
我会付现金或旅行支票
I’ll pay cash or traveler’s checks.
我没说过你可以使用电♥话♥
I didn’t say you could use the phone.
好吧 我明白了
Okay, I see.
你还有其他地方可以推荐吗
Is there anywhere else you could recommend?
市中心或者…
Maybe downtown or…
你是在订酒店吗 – 关你屁事
Was that a hotel? – None of your business.
当然关我的事 我要照看你
It is absolutely my business. I’m looking after you.
你是认真的吗
Looking after me? Really?
怎么照顾 像是我的典狱长一样吗
Like what? Like my warden?
还是管家
Like my butler?
这里没有别的人
There’s nobody here, okay?
只有我们两个失败者和一个悲伤的母亲
Just us two losers and a grieving mom.
省省吧
So let’s cut the shit.
我们都离彼此远点儿
You stay out of my way, and I’ll stay out of yours.
你为自己赢得了新的留校察看
That’s a detention.
就在刚刚
You just earned yourself a detention, sir.
赶紧回来
Now, get back here!
有什么比跟你困在一起更像是拘禁的吗
Being here with you is already one big fucking detention!
你要为你说的这句话付出代价 这又是一次留校
Son of a bitch, that’s another detention!
塔利先生
Mr. Tully!
我不知道你在玩什么把戏 塔利先生
I don’t know what you’re playing at, Mr. Tully,
但你这是在自找麻烦
but you are courting disaster!
你还是多多锻炼吧 你自己说的
Without exercise, the body devours itself.
这样下去你面临的就是停学了
You are careening towards suspension!
想都别想 塔利先生
Don’t even think about it, Mr. Tully.
你距离停学只有一线之隔了
You are a hair’s breadth from suspension.
你敢这样的话 我就再也不管你了(字面意思是洗手) 你听到了吗
I’ll wash my hands of you, you hear me?
我说真的
Wash my hands.
停在那儿
Stop right there.
你知道健身房♥是严禁进入的
You know the gym is strictly off-limits.
这就是属于你的卢比康河
This is your Rubicon.
不要越过它
Do not cross the Rubicon.
木已成舟(拉丁语)
Alea jacta est.
天啊 汉纳姆先生 操
Jesus, Mr. Hunham! Fuck!
快点儿 快
Hurry up! Hurry!
已经在加快了
I am hurrying!
我现在已经如履薄冰了
I was on thin ice already.
如果伍德鲁普发现了 事实是什么根本就不重要
If Woodrup finds out, the facts won’t matter.
他会把这当成是我的错 – 这就是你的错
He’ll make it my fault. – It is your fault!
你本来应该照顾我的
You were supposed to be looking after me.
我让你停下来了
I told you to stop.
你说你要不管我了
You said you washed your hands of me.
我就是打个比方
No, I meant it metaphorically!
天啊 你当然是了
Of course you meant it metaphorically.
不然你要怎样 真的去洗手吗
What were you going to do, actually go and wash your hands?
都完了
This is the end.
他们会通知学校 学校会通知你的父母
They’ll inform the school who will inform your parents,
然后就是最灾难的结局
and then it’s curtains.
你会害我被解雇的
You’re gonna get me fired.

You.
我可能会失去一条手臂
I’m the one that might lose an arm,
你能想到的就是你自己
and all you can think about is yourself.
请您填写一下
If you could fill this out, please.
患者信息还有保险
Admissions and insurance.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
我们有什么办法可以跳过保险的相关事宜吗
Is there any way we could skip this whole insurance thing?
这只是标准程序
It’s just standard procedure.
我明白 但是 嗯
I understand, but look, um,
我们就是在斯匡兹打曲棍球
we were over at Squantz Pond playing hockey,
我在冰上滑倒了
and I slipped on the ice.
安格斯 你在做什么
Angus, what are you doing?
我妈让他别带我去 是我强迫他的
My mom told him not to take me, but I made him.
我的父母离婚了
My folks are divorced.
我们不常见面
We don’t get to see each other very often.
如果她知道了 一定会发疯的
She’ll be mad as a hornet if she finds out.
这跟我没关系
Okay, that’s your business,