Man, I sure do wish we had some noisemakers.
我确实有个能让我们燥起来的东西
I’ve got a noisemaker.
哪儿弄的
Where the hell did you get that?
忘记了 反正已经在手上了
I don’t know. Found it.
你不会在这里放吧
Well, you’re not deploying that in here.
在波士顿你可没有这么紧张
You know, you weren’t this uptight in Boston.
丹尼 你觉得在室内放鞭炮行吗
Danny, where do you stand on indoor fireworks?
当然是越远越好
About as far away as I can.
非常明智 – 十 九…
That’s very wise. – Ten, nine…
我们会怀念的
Oh, we’re gonna miss it. Come on.
快站起来 – …八 七…
Up on your feet. – …eight, seven…
站起来 站起来
Up on your feet. Up on your feet.
…六 五 四… – 五 四…
…six, five, four… – Five, four…
三 二 一
Three, two, one.
新年快 – 新年快乐
Happy New Year! – Happy New Year!
太棒了
Yes.
新年快乐 塔利先生
Congratulations, Mr. Tully.
新年快乐 丹尼 – 谢谢
Congratulations, Danny. – Thank you.
玛丽 新年快乐
Mary, congratulations.
虽然我们不会在这里点燃
Now, as I say, we’re not deploying this in here.
但是 我们要去厨房♥点燃它
No. We’re going to light this sucker off in the kitchen.
什么 – 什么
What? – What?
来吧
All right. Come.
快快快 – 伙计
Come, come, come. – Come on, man.
真的吗 – 这个我拿着
For real? – This is coming with me.
辣椒粉太多了
There’s too much paprika.
为什么要放那么多辣椒粉
Why’d you put in all that paprika?
照着食谱来就好
Follow the recipe.
再加一杯水吧
Now you have to add in another cup of water.
别乱来
What’s wrong with you?
快点儿 女士们
Come on, ladies!
嘿 康茨
Hey, Kountze.
疼…疼吗
Does… does it hurt?
当然
Fuck yeah, it hurts.
我都被山上的光烤焦了
Glare off the slopes, man, burned me to a crisp.
你觉得这很有意思吗 塔利
You think that’s funny, Tully?
当然不是
No, man.
很高兴你度过了一个愉快的假期
Just glad you had a good vacation.
欢迎回来 你们这些咆哮的西哥特人
Welcome back, you snarling Visigoths.
相信大家都度过了一个愉快的假期
I trust you all enjoyed a refreshing holiday.
哦 康茨先生
Oh, hello, Mr. Kountze.
还是说伊卡洛斯更合适
Or should I say Icarus?
飞得离太阳太近了一点 是吗
Fly a little too close to the sun, did we?
什么
Huh?
好吧
Yeah.
听着
Uh, all right.
现在 滑雪和游泳活动已经结束了
Now, along with your skiing and swimming,
我希望你们花费时间了解了
I hope you found time to enlighten yourselves
伯罗奔尼撒战争及其对现在的影响
about the Peloponnesian War and its implications for today.
为了检查一下 在我们准备补考之前
Just to check, we’re going to start with a short pop quiz
我们先…
on the reading…
…做一个小小的测试
…before we retake the final from last semester.
Omnia ex scrineis praeter stilum.
打扰一下 汉纳姆先生
Excuse me, Mr. Hunham?
哦 克兰小姐
Oh, Miss Crane.
莉迪亚 呃 进来吧 新年快乐
Lydia. Uh, come in. Happy New Year.
哦 你也是 新年快乐
Oh, same to you. Happy New Year.
对不起 我太迟钝了
Forgive me. I’m a clod.
从来没有打电♥话♥感谢你
I never called to thank you for inviting
邀请我和那个男孩参加你的聚会
the boy and me to your party.
还有玛丽
And Mary.
那真的意义重大
It meant a lot.
哦 没什么的
Oh, you’re so welcome.
玩儿的开心就好
It was fun.
嗯 伍德鲁普博士要见你
Um, Dr. Woodrup is asking to see you.
他说有件急事
He says it’s urgent.
汉纳姆先生 请这是朱迪和斯坦利·克洛特费尔特
Mr. Hunham, meet Judy and Stanley Clotfelter.
安格斯·徒利的母亲和父亲
Angus Tully’s mother and father.
是继父 – 你好
Stepfather. – Hello.
早上好
Good morning.
他们跟我说了一件很重要的事情
They’ve brought something very important to my attention.
我们知道你带安格斯
We understand you took Angus
去波士顿度假了
to Boston over the holidays.
我向克洛特费尔特先生解释过
I explained to Mr. Clotfelter
这是一次校外学习
that you went on a field trip for academic reasons.
是的
That’s right.
校外学习吗
A field trip?
是的 根据教学指南的内容
Yes. Uh, as per my instructions in the manual,
我确实可以这样安排
it fell within the ambit of my responsibility.
好吧 如果这只是一次校外学习 那这个你要怎么解释
Well, if it was a school trip, then how do you explain this?
这是疗养院的人
The people at the sanitarium
从我前夫那里拿走的
confiscated it from my ex-husband.
很显然 这是安格斯给他的
Apparently, Angus had given it to him.
我妈妈和斯坦利在这里
My mom and Stanley are here.
莉迪亚告诉我了
Lydia told me.
我可能会被开除吧
I think I’m going to get kicked out.
那我就只能去军校了
That means military school.
安格斯知道他不应该去看望他的父亲
Angus knows he’s not supposed to visit his father.
他父亲得了精神病
He suffers from debilitating mental illness.
偏执型精神分♥裂♥症 早发性痴呆
Paranoid schizophrenia, early-onset dementia.
安格斯的到访让他有了期待
And Angus’s visit created an expectation.
现在汤姆想回家 但是那…
Now Tom wants to come home, which is…
显然是不可能的
clearly impossible.
他们已经尝试跟他沟通了 但是他…
They tried to tell him, and he just…
他变得很暴♥力♥ 甚至袭击了一个执勤的人
He got violent. He tried to brain one of the orderlies
就是用这个该死的东西
with this goddamned thing.
你们都知道这个男孩不服管教
You people know the boy has a discipline problem.
现在克洛特费尔特家族希望将安格斯从这里退学
Paul, the Clotfelters want to withdraw Angus from Barton
并让他入读福克联盟军事学院
and enroll him at Fork Union Military Academy.
这样才能彻底纠正他的错误
Set him straight once and for all.
如果不参军 他可能会做出更出格的事情
He could do a lot worse than a career in the military.
斯坦利
Stanley.
听着 安格斯在很多事情上都跟我对着来
Look, Angus has defied me lots of times
也包括这件事
about a lot of things, including this.
所以 无论他是怎么让你心软的
So, however he manipulated your sympathies
还是戏弄了你 你可以实话实说的
or slipped the leash, just tell us.
这是我的主意
It was my idea.
他从来没有骗过我
No, uh, uh, he didn’t, uh, trick me or slip the leash.
是我带他去见他父亲的
No, I took him to see his father.
事实上 我说服了他这样做
In fact, I convinced him to do so.
这是我们家的事情
This is a family matter,
你无权干涉
and you had no right to interfere.
我他妈的不在乎 – 什么
I don’t give a shit. – What?
汉纳姆 – 我说我他妈的不在乎
Hunham. – I said I don’t give a shit.
你们两个人当时在哪里
You two were unreachable.
圣诞节留他一个人
He was all alone at Christmas.
我想这孩子应该见见他的父亲
I thought the kid should see his father.
你明白你都做了什么吗
Do you understand what you’ve done?
我现在必须带走汤姆
I have to move Tom now.
你知道根本找不到可以接纳他的学校
It was hard even finding a facility that would take him,
但是我现在不得不这样
and now I have to move him.
这确实很难过
And that is deeply unfortunate,
但是你们为什么一定要对这个男孩儿做这样的事情
but why compound the misery by ruining the boy?
我刚刚和他一起度过了充实的两周
I have just spent two solid weeks with him.
当然 他很令人讨厌的 但他也很聪明
He is a pain in the ass, sure, but he’s also very smart.
我不知道该用什么词 但=但是他就是很机智
Brilliant, I don’t know, but very smart.
你肯定也知道的
You must know that.
他有巨大的潜力
He’s got enormous potential.
如果你现在让他退学 你会毁了他的
It would be devastating if you pulled him out now.
汉纳姆 你这是自己惹的祸 怪不得我
You did this to yourself, Hunham, not me.
我希望你记住这一点
I want you to remember that.