And Mary.
这是给你的
This is for you.
所以每个人都是这一套 是吧
So you just get this for everybody?
还有…
And…
真有你的 – 啊
Now, how’d you guess? – How indeed?
哦 还有…
Oh, and…
这是你的邮件
this came in the mail for you.
新年快乐 爱你的爸妈
谢谢你 玛丽
Thank you, Mary.
太美味了
That was just lovely.
哦
Oh.
这算是恭维吗
Is that an actual compliment?
哦 得了吧
Oh, come on.
我想我以前从来没有这样过
You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had
一家人在一起过个圣诞节
a real family Christmas like this before.
我是说这样家庭式的
Christmas dinner, I mean family-style.
所有的食物都是自己做的
Out of the oven and all the trimmings.
我妈妈总是点外卖♥♥
My mom always just orders in from Delmonico’s.
我觉得她做的没错
Well, she’s got the right idea.
明年我也打算这样了
Next year I’m ordering in from Delmonico’s.
不管怎样 谢谢你 玛丽
Anyway, thank you, Mary.
不客气
You’re welcome.
干一杯吧
I’d like to propose a toast.
敬我在这个雪岛上两个没那么合适的同伴
To my two unlikely companions on this snowy island
还有我们缺席的朋友和家人
and to our absent friends and family.
反正大家都不是自愿留在这里的
And I realize that none of us is here because he wants to be.
所以但凡能有什么办法能让你们这个假期过的开心点儿
So if there’s any way that I could make the holidays
你们就说吧
a little cheerier for either one of you,
任何事情都行
just say the word.
好吧
Okay.
我想去波士顿
I want to go to Boston.
波士顿 为什么
Boston? Why?
这还用问
Why not?
我想要过一个真正的圣诞节 我还想滑冰
I want a real Christmas. I want to go ice-skating.
想看看真正的圣诞树
I want to see a real Christmas tree
上面有装饰品的 而不是这么傻的
with real ornaments, not that stupid thing.
你刚还说它很好呢 – 确实
You said it was nice. – It is nice.
我们走吧
Come on, let’s get out of here.
我想要一个真正的假期
I want a real holiday.
波士顿肯定是不可能的
We’re not going to Boston. It’s out of the question.
你说的任何事情都行
You told the boy “anything,”
所以带他去波士顿吧
so take the kid to Boston.
玛丽 我们不准离开校园的
Mary, we’re not allowed to leave campus
哪怕是附近的地方的都不行
or the immediate environs.
好吧 就当是户外教学吧
I suppose we could call it a field trip.
起码这是在允许的范畴之内的
Uh, field trips would fall under the ambit
也算是一种学术追求了
of additional academic pursuits.
他们还甚至为此
There’s even a fund set aside
预留了一部分资金
for additional academic pursuits.
我马上去收拾行李
I’ll go pack.
我要你带我去罗克斯伯里
I’m gonna need you to take me to Roxbury.
嗯嗯 当然
Mm-hmm. All right.
我们到了
Here we are.
天啊 这楼梯也太长了
Boy, that’s an awful lot of stairs.
恐怕也很不友好
Probably icy too.
塔利先生
Mr. Tully.
嗯…
Right. Um…
玛丽 我来帮你拿行李吧
Mary, can I help you with your bags?
谢谢
Yes, please.
嘿 小心盒子
Hey, be careful with the box.
知道了
Yeah.
我们很希望你跟我们一起住酒店
You know, you’re more than welcome to a room at the hotel.
我们有钱
We’ve got the money.
你是不是疯了
Are you out of your mind?
我可得离你们两个远一点儿 吵死了
I need a break from you two and all your damn bickering.
而且我也很想去看看我妹妹
Besides, I’m looking forward to visiting my little sister.
她怀孕了
She’s pregnant.
哦 那太好了
Oh, that’s wonderful.
汉纳姆先生 – 哦 对不起
Mr. Hunham. Mr. Hunham. – Oh, I’m sorry.
我的手出汗了
My hands sweat.
这是多汗症 对不起
It’s hyperhidrosis. Sorry.
哦 – 嘿 玛丽
Oh. – Hey, Mary!
再往上一层
One more flight up.
再上一层
One more flight up.
你们两个可以吧
So, you two are going to be all right?
放心 我拿得住他
Yes, the little monster will be well under control.
玛丽 – 哦
Mary! – Oh.
嗨
Hi!
再见 – 再见
Bye. – Bye.
再见 玛丽
Bye, Mary.
等等 你要去哪儿
Uh-uh. Where are you going?
我 … – 还没完呢
I was… – You’re not done yet.
你还得搀着我上去呢
You have to help me up there.
哦 当然 – 赶紧的
Yeah, sure thing. – Come on.
嘿 帅哥 有烟吗
Hey there, handsome. You got a cigarette?
抱歉 我抽烟斗
Nope. Sorry, I smoke a pipe.
那你要来一下吗 怎么样
How about a date, then? You want a date?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
哦 来吧
Oh, come on.
我们找个暖和的地方
Let’s go somewhere warm.
来吧
Go ahead.
我可以在这里等着的 – 你看
I can wait here. – See?
他可以在这里边看书边等着
He can wait here, read some books.
他不介意爸爸去吃口小拐杖糖的
He doesn’t mind if daddy gets a little candy cane.
谢了 但是我不喜欢那个
Thank you, but I never really liked candy canes.
而且 我已经糖尿病前期了
Plus, I’m prediabetic.
你知道 如果真的想去的话
You know, if you do want a little candy cane,
我会保密的
I won’t tell anyone.
塔利先生 对大多数人来说 性♥爱♥百分之九十九就只是摩擦而已
Mr. Tully, for most people, sex is 99% friction
还有百分之一的亲密
and one percent goodwill.
你可以说我老派
Call me old-fashioned,
但我更看重亲昵的行为 拥抱亲吻这样的
but I place value on physical intimacy.
你也应该如此
So should you.
你从没做过爱 对吧
You’ve never had sex, have you?
不管你信不信 塔利先生
Believe it or not, Mr. Tully, there was a time
我万花丛中过的时候
when the fire in my loins burned white hot.
你还是个吃屎的小屁孩儿呢
You’re full of shit.
这些细节可是少♥儿♥不♥宜♥了
No, the details would curl your toes.
终于有些有趣的事情了
Okay, we’re finally getting to the good stuff.
说来听听
Let’s hear.
等你十八岁的时候吧
Maybe when you’re eighteen.
绝对惊呆你
Curl your toes!
可以走了吗
Are we almost done?
你急什么 我以为你喜欢呢
What’s your hurry? I thought you liked antiquity.
上课的话还行
In class, maybe,
除非是很必要的场合 不然我想都不愿意想
but I never think about it unless I need to.
到了
Ah. Ah, well, here.
你看到了什么
What do you see?
我不知道 一堆陶器
I don’t know. A bunch of pottery.
那个呢
Mm. Look at that one.
拐杖糖 – 是啊
Candy cane. – Yes.
人类历史的进程没什么新鲜事儿 塔利先生
There’s nothing new in human experience, Mr. Tully.
每一代人都觉得那些反叛 苦难还有放纵
Each generation thinks it invented debauchery
是属于自己的时代的
or suffering or rebellion,
但人类的每一种冲动和欲望
but man’s every impulse and appetite
从下流到高尚
from the disgusting to the sublime
时时刻刻在我们身边上演
is on display right here all around you.
所以 当你因为一件事情跟自己没什么关系或者无聊
So, before you dismiss something
就决定放弃的时候 要记住
as boring or irrelevant, remember,
如果你真的想了解你自己或者当下的局势
if you truly want to understand the present or yourself,
你必须要从过去开始
you must begin in the past.