I can’t trust him in a social situation.
汉纳姆先生 如果你不敢
Mr. Hunham, if you’re too chickenshit
去参加这个聚会 直说就行了
to go to this party, then just say that.
别让这个小混♥蛋♥困在这里了
But don’t fuck it up for the little asshole.
你怎么了 就是个派对而已
What’s wrong with you? It’s just a party.
你在怕什么呢 – 我不知道
What are you afraid of? – I don’t know.
服了 你现在把我搞紧张了
Shit. Now you got me nervous.
啊 你好 – 嗨
Oh, hi. – Oh, hi.
哦 你来了 欢迎 – 嗯
Oh, you made it. Welcome. – Yes.
我很高兴你来了
I am so glad you’re here.
我们也很高兴
We’re happy to be here.
这些该放到哪里
Where should I put these?
这些放在我的床头柜就行了
Those, I’ll be putting on my bedside table.
哦 你可真狡猾
Oh! You’re a wicked woman.
还不止呢 – 哦
You have no idea. – Oh!
好多人啊
Certainly a lot of people here.
是啊是啊
Yeah, yeah.
家人 还有城里的朋友
Some family, friends from town.
只有你们两个同事
Only you guys from work.
坐在沙发上的是我妈妈
That’s my mom on the couch.
呃 那是我妹妹凯西
Uh, that’s my sister Kathy
还有她的儿子马文
and her son Marvin.
哦 那是我的朋友汤姆
Oh, and that’s my friend Tom.
他在博伦街
He owns the men’s clothing store
开了一家男装店 – 哦
on Bolen Street. – Of course.
还有他的儿子
Yeah, and his son.
安格斯
Angus.
这是安格斯·塔利
This is Angus Tully.
是我们学校的学生
He’s one of our students at Barton.
这是我的侄女伊莉斯
This is my niece Elise.
了解
“Niece Elise.” Nice.
这是汉纳姆先生
And this is Mr. Hunham.
他是我们那里最好的老师之一
He’s one of our finest teachers.
你是教历史的 对吧
History, right?
古代文明
Uh, ancient civilizations.
这是玛丽·兰姆
And this is Mary Lamb.
她是食堂的经理
She is the manager of the cafeteria.
哦 – 你好
Cool. – Hi.
你好
Hi.
嗯 你为什么不带上安格斯
Um, hey, why don’t you take Angus
去地下室看看
down into the basement?
顺便跟他介绍介绍我们的家庭传统
Introduce him to our family tradition.
走吧
Come on.
瞧我 还没给你们拿些喝的
Okay, and, uh, why don’t I get you guys some drinks?
你要吉姆·宝林 对吧 – 嗯
Uh, Jim Beam for you, right? – Correct.
那你呢 玛丽
Okay, and what about you, Mary?
一杯威士忌就好了 – 好的
Uh, I’ll take a whiskey. – Okay.
♪ 他那个快乐的小家伙 就是圣诞老人 ♪
♪ He’s the jolly little fellow called Santa Claus ♪
♪ 他会在圣诞夜出现 ♪
♪ Who’ll be around on Christmas Eve night ♪
♪ 那个胖乎乎的小家伙 留着长长的白胡子 ♪
♪ He’s a chubby little fellow with a long white beard ♪
♪ 他来自远方… ♪
♪ And he comes from far away… ♪
这就是你要带我看的吗
This is what you wanted to show me?
我从小就在我姑姑的派对上玩
I grew up playing down here during my aunt’s parties.
我觉得这很酷
I think it’s kind of cool.
某种很纯粹的东西
There’s a purity to it.
我的意思是 每个孩子都是艺术家
I mean, every child is an artist.
问题是当我们长大了之后还能不能保持这个身份
The problem is remaining an artist when we grow up.
毕加索说的
Picasso said that.
他很酷
Picasso’s cool.
是的 我看过一次他的画 格尔尼卡
Yeah, I saw Guernica once.
就是那个很大的壁画 – 哦
You know, the-the big mural? – Yeah.
跟马一起的
With the horse?
是的 我知道那幅画 你是亲眼看到的吗
Yeah, I know Guernica. You really saw it?
是的 就在纽约现代艺术博物馆
Yeah. At The Museum of Modern Art in New York.
非常大
It’s huge.
我爸带我去的
My dad took me.
♪ 圣诞快乐 ♪
♪ Merry Christmas ♪
♪ 致所有人 ♪ ♪ 致所有人 ♪
♪ To each one of you ♪ ♪ To all of you ♪
♪ 平安夜 ♪
♪ Silent night ♪
♪ 圣夜…♪
♪ Holy night… ♪
你来啦
There you go.
怎么样 最近
Hey, how you doing, hmm?
都挺好的 – 嗯
I’m doing all right. – Okay.
他们让我负责音乐
They put me in charge of the music.
谁啊
Who put you in charge of the music?
我自己
I did.
哈哈 不愧是你
You so crazy.
哦 我给你带了东西
Oh. I got you something.
不 丹尼 – 拿着吧
No, Danny. – Yeah, go ahead.
你不需要这样的
Mm-mm. You didn’t have to do all this.
什么都不做 除了交税就只能等死了
I don’t have to do anything but pay taxes and die.
我希望这么做 给
I wanted to. Here.
♪ 圣婴是如此温和… ♪
♪ Holy infant so tender and mild… ♪
很漂亮
This is lovely.
谢谢 – 不客气
Thank you. – You’re welcome.
但是 丹尼 我没有什么能回赠的
But, Danny, I didn’t get you anything.
你当然有
Yes, you did.
你给了我一个明媚的微笑
You got me that beautiful smile.
就是这样
There it is.
圣诞快乐 – 圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas. – Merry Christmas.
这样是对的吗
Am I doing this right?
没什么对错
There’s no right or wrong.
♪ 我希望妈妈能嫁给圣诞老人 ♪
♪ I wish my mom would marry Santa Claus ♪
♪ 那么他就会永远留下来 ♪
♪ Then I know he would always stay ♪
♪ 我们可以玩所有的玩具… ♪
♪ And we could always play with the toys… ♪
你是想偷看我的衬衫吗
Are you trying to look down my shirt?
不
No.
好吧 是的
Yes.
如果你不好好完成的话
You know, I’m not gonna do this
可什么奖励都没有
if you’re not gonna take it seriously.
我很认真的
I am taking it seriously.
简直再认真不过了
As seriously as one can take finger painting.
你哪有
You’re not.
你这边都漏掉了
You missed this whole area right here.
♪ 这样对我而言 ♪
♪ And it would always be ♪
♪ 每天都会像圣诞节一样 ♪
♪ Like Christmas every day for me. ♪
哦
Oh.
嗯… – 槲寄生
Well… – Mistletoe.
啊 是啊 是啊 我说呢
Oh, yes, of course, that’s-that’s why. Right.
这个习俗真的很有趣
You know, it’s interesting.
埃涅阿斯下到冥府
Aeneas, uh, carried mistletoe with him
找他的父亲的时候,
when he descended into Hades, uh,
就带着槲寄生
in search of his father.
我很喜欢你的圣诞树
Anyway, uh, I like your tree.
很有太空时代的味道
It’s very space-age.
哦 我买♥♥它就是为了纪念登月
Oh! I bought it to commemorate the moon landing.
真的吗 – 是的
Really? Oh. Oh. – Yeah.
所以今年圣诞节你的家人都在哪儿
So, where’s your family this Christmas?
没什么地方 就剩我自己了
Nowhere. I’m an only child.
我妈妈在我很小的时候就去世了
Uh, my mother died when I was young.
哦
Oh.
那你的父亲呢
And your father?
这么说吧 我十五岁的时候就离家了
Let’s just say I left home when I was 15.
你逃跑了 – 更糟糕
You ran away? – Worse.
我获得了巴顿大学的奖学金 – 哦
I got a scholarship to Barton. – Oh.
从那时起 我上了大学 再也没有回去过
And from there, I went to college and never looked back.
哦 但是你还是… – 什么
Oh, but you did a little. – Hmm?
我说你虽然没回家 但是回到了你的学校
I mean, you came back here.
是啊
Ah.
这个地方对我而言有点儿像是家了
Feels kind of like home. Yes.
我当时觉得自己能改变这一切